**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Marvel Realm of Champions [MERGED THREADS]

13»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Jestress said:

Is this was bases was meant to be?

Difficult to say. I think it's a combination of ideas and suggestions for Bases. I've seen elements suggested here. If I had to guess, I'd say they started expanding on ideas to the point that they had to give it its own life.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 ★★★★★
    Fungeon said:

I hope it doesn’t end up like Kabam’s Transformers game

Its still around and making new content so that woyld be good then right?
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    edited October 2019
    I'm really hyped not gonna lie since this is the only game I play
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    DONT GET ME WRONG
    Will mcoc get any benefits in realm of chmaps?
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I hope some characters in MRoC come to MCoC like Skaar, The Ancient One, Apocalypse, etc
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    For all of you who don't know MRoC or Marvel Realm of Champions is a new game created by Kabam that will be coming soon. The game will be a 3v3 RPG Player vs Player in REAL TIME!
    It looks like 23 characters will join during launch, and two of those champs will/could be in MCoC too. The puzzle can explain this.
    I'm pretty excited. Although I don't like RPG's, I will try this one out because its Marvel and I know Kabam made a good game (MCoC, not T:FTF). I'm also excited for the new characters! I hope some get into MCOC!
    What are you excited about?
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    It prob wont support my device, like most new games these days...
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    My comment got deleted but the only way I'd transfer is if this new game had the same play style and rank up system. That's what has me hooked lol. Anything else I'm not interested.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 ★★★★★

My comment got deleted but the only way I'd transfer is if this new game had the same play style and rank up system. That's what has me hooked lol. Anything else I'm not interested.

No need to transfer. theyll be 2 separate games run by 2 different teams and have the occasional crossover. Set in one universe.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I will give it a try just to see what it’s like but I will be 1,000,000,000% F2P in that game.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    I've got enough going on with CoC, Future Fight and another mobile game. I'll only play this if it comes up as an Insider points thing like Avengers Academy, Strike Force and Battle Lines did.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    Doesn't even need to search. Could just scroll down about 10 threads.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Looks like they’re trying to give the new thing a bump by making some tenuous connections to their existing property. If the new thing takes off and MCOC declines they would be dumb to add resources to MCOC when they could add them to MROC.

Actually, it looks to me like both Marvel and Kabam see MCOC as being strong enough of a property that they want to leverage its brand by launching related brand properties. If that's the case, the long term plan would be to support both games, hoping to expand the brand further in the future. If each new game kills the old one, that would hurt any attempt to strengthen the brand.
    This game is such a time suck I don’t think they expect people to play both. Most people that I know with extra mobile game time have filled it with another MCOC account or seeking (in a couple cases, finding) their MCOC replacement.
    Well, firstly I think more people play casually than play hard core, so the vast majority of people aren't committing large amounts of time on the game. But the point to having a constellation of games associated with a brand is not because you think everyone is going to be a hard core player of everything, any more than Coca Cola expects all of its customers to drink all of its drinks. You do this because no game can be attractive to more than a tiny fraction of all game players and if someone decides MCOC is not their cup of tea, having alternative games with different game structure increases the likelihood you can keep them as a customer.
    If you mean more people among the gameplaying population play casually, I agree. For this game, if you only play this game casually, you might as well not bother because it won’t be fun.
    Most of the people who I know personally who play this game play it at a level most would consider "casual." It is actually extremely casual friendly, when you look at it as a casual player rather than as a power player trying to play it casually. Casual players don't have the same expectations that power players have, and aren't disappointed or frustrated by the same things power players are. This game gives casual players more stuff in the calendar than they could earn through gameplay in many other games. This game allows players to earn the equivalent of tens of dollars of in-game currency a month playing less than an hour a day. That's also not common.

It is easy to get caught up in the grind and think everyone is. But just looking at the data available to us sends a very strong signal about how casual most players are. There are far more alliances that are Silver or lower, and given what it takes to reach Gold 3 that means the vast majority of alliances are treating war not at all seriously. Based on the AQ numbers the center of mass for alliances that do AQ is map 3 or lower. And based on the total population of all alliances that score in AQ or AW, it is likely that a sizeable chunk of players aren't in active alliances at all. The vast majority of all of these players, who are themselves the majority of players, are unlikely to be playing the game at anything more than a casual level.
    When I think “casual”, I’m thinking “Might play when I remember to, I have the time to, and I happen to feel like it”. Like if someone deleted the game from your phone, you might not notice for a few weeks. I play several other mobile games casually by my definition.
    By that definition of casual player, lots of players who are not casual nevertheless have time to accommodate another mobile game, which is the situation we were discussing. You were implying that most of the players who play this game are unlikely to have sufficient free time to add another game. All I'm saying is that, however you label them, the majority of players playing this game do not appear to be dedicating a large enough amount of time to it that it would preclude them from playing another game if they were interested in it.
  • DrekDrek Posts: 35

For all of you who don't know MRoC or Marvel Realm of Champions is a new game created by Kabam that will be coming soon. The game will be a 3v3 RPG Player vs Player in REAL TIME!
    It looks like 23 characters will join during launch, and two of those champs will/could be in MCoC too. The puzzle can explain this.
    I'm pretty excited. Although I don't like RPG's, I will try this one out because its Marvel and I know Kabam made a good game (MCoC, not T:FTF). I'm also excited for the new characters! I hope some get into MCOC!
    What are you excited about?

Whoa there buddy. TF:FTF is a great game that’s very underrated.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

So I've heard speculation that the game will shut down soon after the new one is released. Do you guys think this will happen? And if so will you play the new one or not?

A Mod already confirmed that there are no plans to shut this one down after the new one is released.
  • FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    Hope the game will have a balanced mixture of Kabam OCs and original Marvel characters
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    I’m actually excited for this game... I saw Seatin’s video on a little breakthrough of what to expect

And I already decided my “faction” before the game even launched lol. Pyramid X... if I can play with Storm, there’s no other possible option
  • @Rap (from closed thread), where did you get the long (and preliminary) description of the new MROC game from. The video from NYCC from couple weeks ago that @Lordshadowin posted on 2nd page here goes into greater detail (I assume Seatin's mentioned above has some good info too). There will be 8 “Houses” to choose to build your character from (screencap from video included below, presentation moderators blocking the “Kingdom of Wakanda” and “House of Iron”). As well as how MROC and MCOC will both exist as separate games, with the new one having a different type of gameplay (including real/live 3v3 PvP) than what MCOC does, although there may be some cross-over storylines at times between them.

• RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    It was an article that popped up on my homepage. I guess i have gone to enough MCOC articles and videos that it was added to my "interests" list.
  • (continuing any MROC stuff in the same thread...)

Watching reruns of Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars. So Realm of Champions will take place on the same BattleWorld which the Beyonder created, and was still in the process of transporting other people/worlds to during that TV Series ?

Interesting tie-in between MROC game and other Marvel lore.

Also found some good Forum posts from over a year ago by @RiderofHell , hypothesizing about this for the game (not knowing it would be spawned into a separate game instead)...
    One such thread of theirs related to the Beyonder is below... (but also has several other good posts related to the evolution of the game in general over the years).
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/111361/beyonder

Also, here is a nice Gaming Site's initial summary of MROC, for those newly coming to this ...
    https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/battleworld-will-rise-in-marvel-realm-of-champions/

Lastly, just an observation of a little inconsistency of how the games were named. CONTEST of Champions takes place in the Battle REALM, while REALM of Champions will take place on the Battle WORLD.
    😀
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★

(continuing any MROC stuff in the same thread...)

Watching reruns of Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars. So Realm of Champions will take place on the same BattleWorld which the Beyonder created, and was still in the process of transporting other people/worlds to during that TV Series ?

Interesting tie-in between MROC game and other Marvel lore.

Also found some good Forum posts from over a year ago by @RiderofHell , hypothesizing about this for the game (not knowing it would be spawned into a separate game instead)...
    One such thread of theirs related to the Beyonder is below... (but also has several other good posts related to the evolution of the game in general over the years).
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/111361/beyonder

Also, here is a nice Gaming Site's initial summary of MROC, for those newly coming to this ...
    https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/battleworld-will-rise-in-marvel-realm-of-champions/

Lastly, just an observation of a little inconsistency of how the games were named. CONTEST of Champions takes place in the Battle REALM, while REALM of Champions will take place on the Battle WORLD.
    😀

Thanks for the shout out and yes ppl should read my other theories i made especially bout Act 6 conclusion
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Do we have a release date? I’m anxious for this game
  • @Kabam Zibiit just wondering if there will be content and rewards we won't get in MCOC if we don't play MROC? Thanks
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Any release date yet?