**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is with the Mephisto EQ boss??

Fun and interactive content has always been a problem in recent events but the Mephisto boss in this months EQ is just a bit too much. From the beginning, there are very few counters to Mephisto. ON TOP OF THAT, there are nodes like 40% more effective incinerates and Footloose which make this fight over tuned. There was this one situation where my R4 5* sparky got killed within of one tick of three auras at once. Another con with fighting Mephisto is that you are punished over and over for failing to beat him when h is below 30% heath. The fact that he can regen 10k health just by starting the fight is just wrong. (I have a screenshot that has Mephisto at 47 health when he killed my Domino and when he beat me again, he was back at 20k health. I will post that shortly).
I am not here to blow smoke . the other fights were fair in the sense that they depended on player skill rather than having a counter champion. ( Elsa Bloodstone for example depended on you as a player to try out different types of combos).
I urge KABAM to do something about this Mephisto boss because this one fight ruins the entire EQ.

Comments

• Riot1234Riot1234 Posts: 44

Or you could just wait out the aura of incinerations? or otherwise like others suggested, bring blade or anyone who's incinerate immune/benefits from incinerates

the thing is that since there is extra incinerate damage, one tick does about 5k damage so if it starts mid combo, you will still take a lot of damage

I beat him with a 4* Blade with the Trinity synergy and I'm only a mid-level player. Compared to last month, this UC EQ is waaaaaay less difficult.

Im sorry man, but i will have to disagree. your solution here depends on having a maxed out 4* blade WITH synergies. Monthly EQs should be based on player skill, not your champs
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    He isnt too bad. I beat him with a r3 rhulk. Just gotta wait out the unstoppable and evade when he uses his specials and if u having trouble with aura of incinerate use ur strongest incinerate immune

He isnt too bad. I beat him with a r3 rhulk. Just gotta wait out the unstoppable and evade when he uses his specials and if u having trouble with aura of incinerate use ur strongest incinerate immune

As RNG would have it, my strongest incinerate immune champ is a 3* Havok :neutral:
  • MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260

Riot1234 said:

How can Blade work? isnt Mephisto immune to AA mod?

Blade gets Danger sense against Mephisto and if you pair him with Starky he gets increased potency also. He stops the regen Mephisto gets, makes him get less Aura’s sometimes none at all. Honesty he was the easiest fight of any boss for a long time for me (to be fair I have R5 Blade / R5 Starky).

There’s lots of counters too him, even a 4* Void would probably take him fairly easy
    How does he stop regen when there's force of will node?
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    I solo'd Mephisto just by using my R3 Quake. Charge heavy, parry, repeat. (I still dont know how to fully evade with her :neutral:)
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Riot1234 said:

How can Blade work? isnt Mephisto immune to AA mod?

Blade gets Danger sense against Mephisto and if you pair him with Starky he gets increased potency also. He stops the regen Mephisto gets, makes him get less Aura’s sometimes none at all. Honesty he was the easiest fight of any boss for a long time for me (to be fair I have R5 Blade / R5 Starky).

There’s lots of counters too him, even a 4* Void would probably take him fairly easy
    How does he stop regen when there's force of will node?
    Blade has an extra line that says he bypassed immunity to aar with danger sense
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

He is immune to aa but blade overrides that
    Besides...he has force of the will node which gives additional AA mod immunity

So blade cant reduce anything there

Hmm didn't realize that. I knew blade's danger sense could bypass certain nodes but always assumed force of will overrides danger sense

Riot1234 said:

I beat him with a 4* Blade with the Trinity synergy and I'm only a mid-level player. Compared to last month, this UC EQ is waaaaaay less difficult.

Im sorry man, but i will have to disagree. your solution here depends on having a maxed out 4* blade WITH synergies. Monthly EQs should be based on player skill, not your champs
    Blade's synergies don't matter in the mephisto fight. If you didn't notice, he has the Force of Will node.
    APPARENTLY Blade can bypass those nodes
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

also blade works or not? there are a lot of mixed comments

Blade should work, he ignores AAR immunities if you have blade sense.
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    Riot1234 said:

So why don't you use 3*? Or are you just not skilled enough
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Thanks to this thread I had the magnificent idea to bring my Red Hulk to the fight
    Nailed it
    Thx guys
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

Riot1234 said:

Blade's synergies don't matter in the mephisto fight. If you didn't notice, he has the Force of Will node.
    Actually, my Blade, with no synergy at all, managed to bypass Force of Will, so yes, it works