**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Negative balance

Just out of curiosity, what happens to units you earn while you have a negative credit balance?

Comments

• ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 97
    Anyone?
  • BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    Nothing u just can't use them and if u get units they just add just like they normally would
    So they're accumulating, you just can't see them?
    Just curious if I should stop doing things that earn units until I get the problem fixed, or if it's worth it to keep playing so I can use them in a few days.
  • ?? I could be off-base here, but I thought how they described it would just affect purchasing of Unit Paks (or other offers containing Units for real money) from the Unit Store.
    Sounded like you basically would have to “re-pay” Kabam (without actually receiving the new Units) for the amount that you had your Credit Card (Apple/Google account) refunded to you earlier (without having actually “returned” those Units from the original purchase that you got refunded).
    Any Units earned from Quests, Ally/Solo Events, etc, should be yours to keep and spend. I think (?)

** -OR- if that is not the case, and they basically DID take back those original Unit Pak # of Units (and if that resulted in being in the RED, ie Negative, then your current Units would be negative), then it may be that any accumulation of Units from anywhere just goes to reducing your Negative balance until you cross over “0” and start being Positive again.

Either way, NO, don't stop doing Quests, etc, that would be earning you Units.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

?? I could be off-base here, but I thought how they described it would just affect purchasing of Unit Paks (or other offers containing Units for real money) from the Unit Store.
    Sounded like you basically would have to “re-pay” Kabam (without actually receiving the new Units) for the amount that you had your Credit Card (Apple/Google account) refunded to you earlier (without having actually “returned” those Units from the original purchase that you got refunded).
    Any Units earned from Quests, Ally/Solo Events, etc, should be yours to keep and spend. I think (?)

** -OR- if that is not the case, and they basically DID take back those original Unit Pak # of Units (and if that resulted in being in the RED, ie Negative, then your current Units would be negative), then it may be that any accumulation of Units from anywhere just goes to reducing your Negative balance until you cross over “0” and start being Positive again.

Either way, NO, don't stop doing Quests, etc, that would be earning you Units.

All is correct except units earned from quests, they will not be able to use use them until after the balance is corrected.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Negative Balance applies to purchases, if I'm correct. It doesn't affect Units stored or earned. It just means in order to make further purchases, any money you spend goes towards your balance owed.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Negative Balance applies to purchases, if I'm correct. It doesn't affect Units stored or earned. It just means in order to make further purchases, any money you spend goes towards your balance owed.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/145848/policy-change-for-refunds

Effective immediately, when a refund is requested for any in-app purchase, the account that the refund is credited to will acquire a negative balance of Contest Credits. While your Contest Credit balance is negative you will be restricted from making purchases with real money or Units until your Contest Credit balance is returned to zero. This can be accomplished by purchasing Contest Credit offers that will appear in the Unit Store when you have a negative balance.
    Seems everyone is still unsure. I'll update the thread once I find out so we all know, I guess
  • Should be simple for you to test. Just run another 1st time Completion of a quest, or an Explore, and see if your Units Balance changes.
    Sounds like you just wouldn’t be able to spend any accumulated Units to buy an item like a revive in game.
    Also sounds like the normal Unit Store for purchasing Units with real money is also restricted, and instead there will be offers to “buy” “negative balance credits” that would be available for those who are negative, and you would have to buy that (with real money) to bring your account out of the negative first.
    It doesn't show the units while you have e a negative balance.
    UPDATE- cleared the negative balance and my units have been accruing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/145848/policy-change-for-refunds

Effective immediately, when a refund is requested for any in-app purchase, the account that the refund is credited to will acquire a negative balance of Contest Credits. While your Contest Credit balance is negative you will be restricted from making purchases with real money or Units until your Contest Credit balance is returned to zero. This can be accomplished by purchasing Contest Credit offers that will appear in the Unit Store when you have a negative balance.
    Hmm....thanks. I thought it only applied to money.
  • SaifPhilSaifPhil Posts: 15
    So basically KABAM is asking us to spend again as we upset them with uncalled transaction failure. No way to escape, you either PAY for new units or contribute until the deficit rises up to the failed amount. Why don't KABAM implement a policy where 3 suspicious refund request can attract a "negative credits" instead of single. The kind of policy KABAM put up is definitely as per the North Americas financial policy.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    SaifPhil said:

So basically KABAM is asking us to spend again as we upset them with uncalled transaction failure. No way to escape, you either PAY for new units or contribute until the deficit rises up to the failed amount. Why don't KABAM implement a policy where 3 suspicious refund request can attract a "negative credits" instead of single. The kind of policy KABAM put up is definitely as per the North Americas financial policy.

Because it's basically stealing, you "bought" the item, got it, then refunded it. That's basically getting it for free lol. If there's any "transaction failure", then you should contact apple or google, the process goes through them, not directly to Kabam.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    SaifPhil said:

Why did you decide to revive this thread? It's over a year old.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

SaifPhil said:

Because it's basically stealing, you "bought" the item, got it, then refunded it. That's basically getting it for free lol. If there's any "transaction failure", then you should contact apple or google, the process goes through them, not directly to Kabam.
    You should always go directly to kabam for transaction problems that require a refund
    Yea just searched around. My bad.