**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New York Comic Con: Seatin vs Lagacy vs Dirk Beat the Boss summary

EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
Yesterday was the friday final of the Beat the Boss, and the 3 qualifying finalists clashed heads for a 6 star Guillotine 2099, and a chance to win a 6 star awakening gem (and a ISO Sphere trophy)! This is my outtake of the event.

Lagacy: Oh man, I feel bad for this guy. He chose Cap IW (which is a normally good choice for other Nameless Thanos') but failed to anything above mediocre damage. There are many things wrong with this battle, like Lagacy never going for the SP2, not parrying often enough and often going for parry-5 hit combo instead of parry-heavy. Needless to say, he delt a measly 50% in 3 minutes. Any other champ would be much more suited to fight him, like Stark Spidey, Symbiote Sumpreme and (unsuprisingly) Hyperion. Nameless Thanos is immensely hard with umpredictable AI, and Lagacy's gameplay was almost flawless so he still deserves a round of applause. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Seatin Man of Legends: Seatin lived up to his title yesterday, doing a great deal of damage with Hyperion. At the start of the fight he missed a parry (which goes to show how irregular Thanos AI is) but it was smooth sailing from onwards. RNG didn't favour him a lot of the time, since he didnt get stuns much, and he only got 1-3 furies from each heavy. There are also a lot of flaws in the fight, like seatin still going for the SP2 after missing a stun, using SP1 at the near end of the fight and as I have already mentioned, his missed parry at the beginning. Overall, he did 80% on thanos, which is an amazing score (even though he could have done better)! So seatin takes the lead off of Lagacy and has the score to beat. But could Dirk, 2018s Champion be the first to knock Thanos out? But first, let's give seatin a round of applause 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Dirk: At the start, Dirk seems to almost mirror Seatin's performance, choosing Hyperion AND taking a few hits at the beginning. After that he gets off to a FANTASTIC start, getting 10 furies and dealing 25% in less than a minute. Then it all starts to go downhill... He misses the parry AGAIN, letting nameless thanos RIP INTO HIM, and is now left with 4% health. He fires a SP3 out of desperation, but even that is not enough, letting thanos kill him with more than 1 minute on the timer. I don't know what happened. Was he nervous? Was he being too cocky and self assured? Did his hands spaz out for half a second? I can imagine Seatins cheeky grin after watching that, as Dirk, the reigning champion, falls to the might of the Nameless Thanos.

At last, the winner is crowned. He receives one of the greatest honours you can, being knighted by Dork Diggity Dave himself.
PS: For those who want to watch the full battle, check it out on Seatin's channel.

Comments

• EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Gamer said:

I’m wil said you shuld get very nervous when one the state like that where everyone is watching you

Dirk was very cocky before the fight, so I don't know what happened
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Another thing with lags is he spent way too long letting his power go up through blocking, he could’ve hit thanos’ block in the first phase, I think with cap he should’ve tried to corner thanos and heavy chain due to how his power gain works

Lagacy went for kill and wanted an high damage avenger to survive the last phase

Seatin had possibility to readapt to what happened already to lagacy

These fight should have been blind fights and no results should be known to others

Lagacys choice was not bad...but seatin and dirk went for just max damage and not KO because lagacy didnt KO

Cap IW is an amazing champ, but Lagacy should have known Thanos health was too high for him to kill without suicides and synergies. Also im pretty sure Seatin was planning to use Hyperion beforehand

Lagacy went for kill and wanted an high damage avenger to survive the last phase

These fight should have been blind fights and no results should be known to others

Lagacys choice was not bad...but seatin and dirk went for just max damage and not KO because lagacy didnt KO

Cap IW is an amazing champ, but Lagacy should have known Thanos health was too high for him to kill without suicides and synergies. Also im pretty sure Seatin was planning to use Hyperion beforehand
    Knowing the parameters of the tournament/contest, CAPIW was a bad choice. Since you didn't need to survive to qualify, that should have heavily affected his champ choice. His play was pretty much flawless, but being alive doesn't matter....
    ^^
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

Knowing the parameters of the tournament/contest, CAPIW was a bad choice. Since you didn't need to survive to qualify, that should have heavily affected his champ choice. His play was pretty much flawless, but being alive doesn't matter....
    It comes to show how the overall knowledge of the game matters as much as the fighting itself, and also to never underestimate Seatin.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Seatin win finally

It comes to show how the overall knowledge of the game matters as much as the fighting itself, and also to never underestimate Seatin.
    I kinda feel bad for him, if he chose Hyperion he would have won no contest.
  • MasterChief1176MasterChief1176 Posts: 213
    Seatin Ftw!

I honestly felt like lags got distracted because of how loud the host was, good for seatin for staying focused while the host was talking behind him but lags would have definitely done better if the host stayed quite instead of making jokes in the mic the entire fight

He was very good tbh despite that, and his intercepts were on point