**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Easy fix - Tanky wet noodles

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have tank champs like King Groot do less damage but still have the power meter go up just as fast as every other champ. If you have to hit your opponent twice as much to do the same damage, you are more than negating the slight bump in hp and block proficiency by providing your opponent with extra special attacks. To account for this, the tank wet noodles should offer reduced power gain to their opponent when striking them.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    God no. That would make Defense a nightmare.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

I don't think you understand what I'm saying

Wot?

You definitely don't understand.
    Anybody who is fighting KG will gain just as much power when they attack him as normal. But when KG lands on attack on you, you will gain a percentage less of power. This will only effect the wet noodles landed hits.

Do you understand why this is important? For a wet noodle tank to be viable he needs to take less overall damage. But if killing an opponent requires him to hit the opponent twice as much, he gives the opponent double the energy. Therefore, he is more than negating his health advantage by giving the opponent twice the special attacks. This is not good. It should be looked into.

Btw, how so? You've been around a while. I'll bite
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I get your point, but would it matter though? These "tank wet noodles", like King Groot for example, you won't be playing them offensively because obviously, they lack the damage and overall usability, it might add a little power control to their kits, but it still won't make them usable.

If your point is to add this mechanic in defense, it still won't matter because most of the time, the player doesn't get hit and even if they do, the reduced power gain isn't gonna do much of a harm to the player, it'll just make the fight a second or so longer.

It's not a bad idea, but it seems very tedious to put into the game for no actual use.
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    I'm not sure how the game could work with a fight involving two different power gains. You are refering to King groot, if he was on a reduced power node in EQ, AQ, or AW this would make it almost impossible to gain power for the attacker unless they had a champion like Hyperion. It essentially means that if you go into a fight against King groot, the attacker would be provided less power while the King groot is gaining power at a normal rate. I don't think this would help with those kinds of champs.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

I'm not sure how the game could work with a fight involving two different power gains. You are refering to King groot, if he was on a reduced power node in EQ, AQ, or AW this would make it almost impossible to gain power for the attacker unless they had a champion like Hyperion. It essentially means that if you go into a fight against King groot, the attacker would be provided less power while the King groot is gaining power at a normal rate. I don't think this would help with those kinds of champs.

But they do have different power gain rates. Champs gain power from hitting/getting hit at the following rates already.

R1 1.00x
    R2 1.05x
    R3 1.10x
    R4 1.15x
    R5 1.20x

Not necessarily saying it's a great idea or should definitely be implemented, but it doesn't seem like to much work to add different power rates for a different champions

Balancing this on the other hand ...