**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doctor Octopus Heal Block/Steal vs. Variant 3 Mephisto

BolinadBolinad Posts: 5
edited October 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
As the title says, I was fighting against Mephisto in Variant 3 2.2, Power Gain and Spite path. Doc Ock's Sig says, "Chemistry: Deal Direct Damage equal to 100% of health gained and Lifesteal 20% of the damage done" which essentially amounts to a heal block, plus regen for you. But Mephisto managed to regen and keep the health gain when brought to 30%, though he was "heal blocked". I can't figure out how to upload the video. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Edit: Video Link
https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/diuiq4/doctor_octopus_heal_blocksteal_vs_variant_3/

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    His awakened ability REPLACES the heal block effect for a life steal effect. Opponent will suffer 100% of the HP gained, and Doc will lifesteal 20% of the damage done.
    Since Mephisto becomes immune to damage while in his regen phase, you don't deal damage and therefore don't deal any direct damage, so no life steal as well.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It’s an odd interaction but given the mechanics in play I wouldn’t say its bugged. Meph is not heal blocked, he has a debuff that causes damage equal to health gained, since Meph is immune to damage during his heal phase the proportional damage fails.
  • BolinadBolinad Posts: 5
    That's what I was missing. Thanks guys.