**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Robot Synergies with Guillotine 2099 INTENDED?

Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
edited October 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hey folks,

Just saw a video on Seatin's YT channel -
https://youtube.com/watch?v=XyYCpm65D_0
The robot synergy gives all robots 70 % a bar of power on nodes such as caltrops and bio-hazard (A.I. Uprising). The synergy looks too good to be true.
So here is the concern. The champion is yet not available and arenas, crystals are coming soon for the champ. I already have Aegon at r5 sig 200 and i am not interested in this champion. The only reason i will go hard for this champion is because of this synergy that makes my Warlock, Sentinel and Darkhawk awesome.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Can you please ensure this is intended and not going to be re-balanced later. I don't want to spend time or money investing into this champion if this synergy is later removed or reduced.

I hope this post is taken as a constructive feedback! I really wish this remains to be what it is..

Comments

• GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    Congratulations on your Aegon, I have yet to score him above a 3*. :'(
    I agree that Guilly 2099 looks well worth the effort. Won't be going for her in the arenas, since even the 3* will surely go for 3-4x the final milestone. Personally, I don't think they'll rebalance her anytime soon. Seatin quoted a Kabam rep saying that their intention was and is for her to be such an over-potent champion; hopefully they were truthful.
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    Personally i really like the synergy but we know the history. Just wanted to make sure if i waste 3 days and nights of my life scoring 75m+ i am not kicked in the b$$ls lol
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

It's only going to give a lot of power when you're constantly being inflicted with bleed/poison, like on caltrops and biohazard nodes but in normal fights the power gain won't be that much so i don't think it should be changed

Agreed. She's intended to be a highly desirable champ for synergies, and to sell crystals (I bet hers won't have an 'Increased chance to drop'). It's not exactly Pay-to-win, but certainly it's Pay-to-make-certain-paths-incredibly-easy.

Kabam has become pretty creative with nodes; so any time they want to make sure that Robots don't run rampant they can inflict nano-plague, nano-inhibitors, or something like them. Or they can just ramp up the use of Freezerburn and Slashed Tires (which now does Direct Damage instead of bleed...)

They haven't yet come out with a node that prevents synergies from being active in a fight (called something like 'Isolation', or 'You Stand Alone'?); but they could, if they wanted.

It's an incredibly powerful ability, but a relatively niche one; and Kabam can control where it's used.
    Slashed tires always did direct damage
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    As mentioned before, most Biohazard nodes are accompanied by Nano-Plague, the shock damage would only be compensated by Darkhawk's regen. I don't think it will be that OP.

In certain match-ups it will be significantly (Morningstar comes to mind) but overall majority will have no effect.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I believe this synergy will get changed somehow.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 344 ★★★
    Absolutely she will get re-balanced. No champ is safe now. But not before people have laid out the hard earned cash and spent the resources etc will she be changed entirely.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Absolutely she will get re-balanced. No champ is safe now. But not before people have laid out the hard earned cash and spent the resources etc will she be changed entirely.

because there's enough fools who actually believe this, what new champs that got released in the last year or 2 were ACTUALLY re-balanced? can you name 1?
  • They haven't yet come out with a node that prevents synergies from being active in a fight (called something like 'Isolation', or 'You Stand Alone'?); but they could, if they wanted.

Here's another..

Node prevents sig ability from activating >:)

*flies away*
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I remember Seatin saying that he had a talk with the devs about Guillotine 2099 and the A.I. Uprising synergy. The devs said that Guillotine 2099 is supposed to be this Beyond god tier crazy champion, that was their original intention. There's a good 9/10 chance she won't be rebalanced.

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    It only overpowered one node suck as call trops. One a normal fight it won’t be as op.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

because there's enough fools who actually believe this, what new champs that got released in the last year or 2 were ACTUALLY re-balanced? can you name 1?
    The rebalance program started with the release of Human Torch. The first OP champ after that was Cull and he is getting rebalanced. We will only know in December what will happen to Namor.
    Cull is mediocre, and he isn't getting rebalanced
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    The nodes were already useless against robots and stuff, the synergy just makes it fun
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I my opinion, this is what the ccp program should find while testing new champs. I know seatin isn't part of he program anymore, but i still think it's members should find possible bugs like this and then have a direct line with kabam to ask if it is intended before releasing the champs. This could have been changed with only a few ppl realizing the synergies potential before she was released. With this video out, now thousands of ppl know and will all complain if kabam releases a hotfix and changes her before she is released. This just seems like something that once again someone should have realized and tested before now. We shouldn't be finding out if a synergy is working as intended right before she is released. That's a major reason ppl go after certain new champs in the first place
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Neotwism said:

I my opinion, this is what the ccp program should find while testing new champs. I know seatin isn't part of he program anymore, but i still think it's members should find possible bugs like this and then have a direct line with kabam to ask if it is intended before releasing the champs. This could have been changed with only a few ppl realizing the synergies potential before she was released. With this video out, now thousands of ppl know and will all complain if kabam releases a hotfix and changes her before she is released. This just seems like something that once again someone should have realized and tested before now. We shouldn't be finding out if a synergy is working as intended right before she is released. That's a major reason ppl go after certain new champs in the first place

She hasn’t been released yet with synergies so she can still technically be a work in progress. If they decide to release her to everyone without the synergy, it affects literally nobody.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

Neotwism said:

She hasn’t been released yet with synergies so she can still technically be a work in progress. If they decide to release her to everyone without the synergy, it affects literally nobody.
    Except all the people who currently have her, like seatin, from comiccon.. So it litterally affects some people.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Diksh619 said:

Personally i really like the synergy but we know the history. Just wanted to make sure if i waste 3 days and nights of my life scoring 75m+ i am not kicked in the b$$ls lol

I don’t think it’s that OP.

It will shine every now and again.

Kind of how stark can parry stun Permanently with green goblin and morales on the team. Especially in variant 3.