**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What Changes Should Be Made For New Players

Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 336
edited August 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Firstly this is a second attempt at what I think is a valid, constructive poll first posted by @DragonGamer which got shut down for negative comments. Let's not make the same mistake.

Personally, I'm all for the recent changes, as they are inevitable to keep long term players interested.

That being said, when I was new, I wished there was some notice about the beginner arenas being more accessible to rank in. I didn't find out until about day 35. There are of course other things we could change to improve the game for beginners, but that's why the poll exists.

Now, before you seasoned vets like myself get all riled up saying beginners are lazy and you never had it easy like them, I want to remind you that if the game is better for the beginners, it becomes better for us. We all hate the arena grinding, and if new players are more retainable and excited about the game, the pool cutoffs will drop. What's good for the newest player, is good for all.

What Changes Should Be Made For New Players 114 votes

Notify players of the beginners arena bracket & its accessibility
30%
tlhNonuMattyloDJRipsterNevvBWhododo872FuzzylumpsMr_PlatypusTimone147Slux83mum_m2buffajr_solidsnakebeaupoemRydertheblackAlpha129HeroBoltsyquando213Bonsai1776Magrailothos 35 votes
Replace the beginner bracket with a beginner arena with lower milestones
10%
JohnPaulBusuadqqedfyvrCrumble91_zerogodsDeadpool_4242211216wegnerkMackhaplopeartAustin973KnightDragon9792111058getterMocharush 12 votes
Have the beginners daily calendar guarantee 1 3* crystal and 1000 4* shards
11%
Noob_2yrsYellsomeBlaster_mindJabbawokkyKyloCreeperMasterTroller42AwesomeKyloRenEddieGotSole4funBel_Alek0sMetal8989Zwolf2453RedLeeder 13 votes
Double the Act 1 & 2 exploration rewards if completed within a time frame from starting
5%
TheSOURAKingCrooksAlCapone2727Stingerbkspiderknight616Blaargo 6 votes
Offer mentorship rewards for alliances that have a member that makes up less than 1% of their total alliance rating
7%
YodieStefffMillybearDidzeeJwallace25BQuthanks4playingTheMageHunterFizzylogic 9 votes
Other (comment below)
7%
GroundedWisdomVandalSavageSomeoneElseTrandafirCaptain_MaimNEO_mr_AndersonLvernon15SpiritOfVengeanceArbotros 9 votes
Don't make any changes to help new players.
26%
Haji_Saabstakbhuv9191OKAYGangDoctorAntManNDK13Hell_GoliathProphet920thebluemanwSWeaponXKihlgastTheBusterSungjnameplasDarkArrow07AAwkWardIAmNotUrMomSummonerB2Samuel030s 30 votes

Comments

• Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 336
    Other (comment below)
    Personally, I'd like to see the beginners arena, act 1 and 2 double rewards within the timeframe and possibly the mentorship program implemented.
  • DragonGamerDragonGamer Posts: 44
    edited August 2017
    I vote first one. Because when we start a game we have to learn About it. In my case i hadn't a friend that played the game before me and teach me some tips like arenas Cutoffs and wich arena is better to try. So in my first month i played only 1 arena. And the second month i played 4 arenas. I Tried a 4* Basic but i didn't got it. And we need to know some notion on how many points to do. Have people that don't have time to play. For example. I study, pratice sports and work. I only play about 2 hours of the game. And arenas are difficult after advanced tier is your cutoff
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I don't even know, new players are so far behind already whats the point?
    Other (comment below)
    @Draco2199 the point is to keep the game from getting stale for all. No new players would mean the game gets dull and kabam had less monetary incentive to keep adding new content. When new players are excited about the game and don't feel like better champions are SO far off, it means they keep playing, get in arenas and lower the pool for the rest of us.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    @Draco2199 the point is to keep the game from getting stale for all. No new players would mean the game gets dull and kabam had less monetary incentive to keep adding new content. When new players are excited about the game and don't feel like better champions are SO far off, it means they keep playing, get in arenas and lower the pool for the rest of us.

The game isn't even close to stale top players have 7 r4 5*s only not even maxed they still have a level to go. Nee players with 4* will be so far behind why even play lol. Lower the pool for what a 4* that is useless like a 3*? No thanks.
    Other (comment below)
    @RichTheMan
    @Seatin
    @DorkLessons
    @BrianGrant
    Love to hear your thoughts on this gents
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,362 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Voted just to inform people about brackets; but I like the idea of rewarding mentorship, too. Some nice ideas here.

Thanks for restarting the discussion - I thought we'd managed to turn the old thread at least a bit constructive, just before it got closed; but never mind. This thread is better.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Other (comment below)
    I voted other which is to make you realize what you have now you guys can be guaranteed everything this is the main place to ask for help about any questions you may have and you have a couple of MCOC youtubers who are like live updates and review things and express their own opinion whereas we had youtubers like mobile gamer and wbangca who arent the main guys people watch for MCOC content this game is bery big and sociable and you have every obstacle and reward set for you all you have to do is learn, try, make a few errors and succeed granting you big rewards. Kabam also will keep the game fresh and updated and no not just for uncollected but for everyone.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Offer mentorship rewards for alliances that have a member that makes up less than 1% of their total alliance rating
    I didn't knew beginner brackets existed till one whole year. Regret that so much.
    Well as for solutions. Mentorship sounds like a good idea which benefits both the veterans and newbies. Though it might get exploited with tons of alt accounts
    Other (comment below)
    I didn't knew beginner brackets existed till one whole year. Regret that so much.
    Well as for solutions. Mentorship sounds like a good idea which benefits both the veterans and newbies. Though it might get exploited with tons of alt accounts

Fair point @TheMageHunter , alternate accounts could make that one messy, and I'm not sure how they could control that. Too bad tho, I think the concept is a good one
  • Don't make any changes to help new players.
    wray1976 wrote: »
    The game is already much easier for new players compared to when it started. Hell its way easier then just last year.

Agree completely. Nothing like this should ever change. It shouldn't be easier for people just now starting the game then when people started playing the game when it was first released. If we could do it then they should be able to do it as well.
    Other (comment below)
    @DarkArrow07 please do not misquote me. This is to be constructive and taking a quote from someone that disagrees and rearranging it to make it look like someone else said it is not constructive.
    Other (comment below)
    Nothing like this should ever change. It shouldn't be easier for people just now starting the game then when people started playing the game when it was first released. If we could do it then they should be able to do it as well.

It's not about making it easier, but about making it more hopeful and exciting for newer players. It would get marginally easier as a byproduct, however the byproduct is not the purpose.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I had no idea about arena brackets until one day all the milestones shifted and I was getting jack ****. This should be in the game already with a timer for when it ends for them. Pretty absurd it's not already.
  • Other (comment below)
    My thoughts are right now there seems to be a lot of attention on the people that have been lucky enough to get a roster good enough to finish 5.2 to get the Uncollected achievement. The rewards you guys are getting as way beyond what newer or less lucky guys have got. Not saying that you guys have not earned it in any way.

But here is the issue that i see, Now that you have gotten these better rewards for hitting this milestone you will now fly even further away from us less lucky people. Therefore its my option there should be a bracket right there. So if you have completed this achievement then you should now be in the advanced uncollected bracket therefore allowing us lower guys more of a chance to obtain champs in the arena ect. cause i see figures such as 5 mill for a champ i don't even bother trying, 2.5 mil for me and a lot of people i know is 3 days hard grinding and some times its not enough to even get the champ.

Other (comment below)
    Great Idea @Arbotros wish I had thought of that for the poll. Any others you see the merit of?
    Other (comment below)
    Buster wrote: »
    Don't make any changes, it is already easier on new players. Let them come up the way the rest of us did, you either spend or you play. My first 4 star came at around level 24, on new accounts I have seen 4 stars at level 2 and 3.

Getting a 4* at lvl 2 or 3 is not the norm. That is just crazy luck on PHC
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Other (comment below)
    I think they should grant beginners with a special tips area where you can learn different strategies (intercepting, parrying) e.t.c as not everybody watches mcoc you tube, also I think they should add a beginner monthly calendar on top of the 7 day beginner and reg monthly calendar, this would start with gold and iso and units and then have t1-t3 catalysts for all classes so you can take up champs easier and then towards the end they get t1 alpha cats and 3* and 4* shards, maybe 5k 3* and 1k 4* overall.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    are you serious, man you new players peeve me off, The reason the other thread got so much negativity is because new players have it a 100 times easier then when the game was 1st released. No to mention the crystal drop rates for new players are higher then back then, I didnt have a 4* on my acct for like 4-6 months when i 1st started, now lil jimmy and nancy pull 4* on there 1st crystal opening on a daily basis. I mean how many inactive accts do you see at lvl 1-10 with a 4* as their profile pic. WE had to earn that right back in the day
    Other (comment below)
    @Juggerneyks I can appreciate the way you earned it, as I had to earn it as well and have probably not played even as long as you. If you read the whole post however, not just the title, I explained quite clearly how making the game better for beginners makes it better for the vets as well, and I only gave 1 out of the countless examples I could have given. Please keep this thread constructive. I gave you an option to vote for no changes for beginners, so feel free to exercise it. Also keep in mind, with the 6* champions coming to the game, 4* Champs will be more or less a mid teir stepping stone, not the incredible game changers they have been in the past.
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    edited August 2017
    are you serious, man you new players peeve me off, The reason the other thread got so much negativity is because new players have it a 100 times easier then when the game was 1st released. No to mention the crystal drop rates for new players are higher then back then, I didnt have a 4* on my acct for like 4-6 months when i 1st started, now lil jimmy and nancy pull 4* on there 1st crystal opening on a daily basis. I mean how many inactive accts do you see at lvl 1-10 with a 4* as their profile pic. WE had to earn that right back in the day

I totally agree with you ... like 98% ... which is technically not TOTALLY.

The game does change...however, and some of the changes make it HARDER for new players.

Many of us came along AFTER the days of perfect block teams, for instance.

and i had none of the God tier champs until after 12.0 (actually I got DS 2 week before 12.0, duped him a week later, then he got nerfed).

Like I say, i do feel that newer players have it easier even still. what with 4* shards in monthly calendars, etc.
    @Captain_Maim , i have gone back and looked at your poll options, i can accept some of what your saying as your requests are not considered game changing in my opinion. And i do agree that 6* champs will put beg players even more behind but frankly its going affect the entire player base.

I think i was still mad form the previous thread as it felt like handouts were being asked for when the game has changed 100 fold to cater towards new players already.
    Other (comment below)
    @Juggerneyks thanks for rereading and offering a more constructive feedback. I appreciate it. Love for you to vote, regardless of which vote you choose.
    @Captain_Maim i voted for you 1st option because 1. it does not directly boost rewards or give free handouts (you still have to put in work in arena) and 2. New players should be made aware that champs will be easier to obtain well they are still in the beg bracket, i sure had no idea about arena brackets when i started.
    Other (comment below)
    Thanks for your imput @Juggerneyks!
    Other (comment below)
    Hey @Kabam Miike, @Kabam Commish, @Kabam Spice, @Kabam Iko, @Kabam Valkyrie could you take off the flags/ban the guy flagging literally every comment? I feel it's negatively impacting this discussion.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I voted first one jus because I only found out about it when me and a friend who had been playing longer than me compared scores and ranked rewards
  • Replace the beginner bracket with a beginner arena with lower milestones
    Changes like this need to be made to bring down pool cutoffs. They should also notify new players of arenas so more start participating.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Other (comment below)
    There was a player who posted on the forms recently and he or she started a couple months ago and has grinded as much as possible then showed a pic of the results and his or her roster is full of 4 stars now. I tried making a new account as well and it is honestly much easier to progress through the game nowadays than when the game first came out maybe some notifications and help like that will be good for you guys but more rewards is something that is not really needed in my opinion it would make it much easier.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Other (comment below)
    1. I would make some masteries, like Parry, a standard skill. Masteries could still level up the Parry stun, etc. Some masteries really aren't optional, so why make new players purchase them?

2. I would make the Story quests more of a teaching exercise and more of a progression to the next level. When I played (I think before it was easier to get 4*'s), it didn't seem like each chapter prepared me for the next. It was more about getting the rewards. I don't feel like I learned any skills from Story. It didn't prepare me for the future quests. I would sometimes hit a wall where I'd have to take a long break to buff up my roster. It should be more a teaching tool than a grind.