**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Back from hiatus.. got some questions

Hey guys. Just picked this back up again a couple weeks ago after not playing for about a year and a half. Got a few questions lol.

-What cycle are the dungeons on? I got the chance to do the last couple when I started back and am pretty close to a featured 5* crystal.
-Who are the current 'god tier' champs? Back when I stopped Blade and Stark Spidey were probably the best in the game... I didn't have either and obviously don't have any recent champs so my roster is a bit outdated. R5 Iceman, R4 Magik/SL/Ultron/Drax, 6* YJ & Kingpin.
-Is it worth attempting any of the variants with my roster or should I wait for some better pulls. I already completed 6.1 since starting back so I've got Cavalier.
-Tips for LOL? With my 4/55 SL I did 3 paths back in the day so I'm nearly halfway done. Any better options now?
-What are cutoffs like in the 5* featured? I put up 7.5m this go around and got the 1k 5* shards.

Thanks

Comments

• MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Dungeons - at the end of the month.
    God tier - mostly new champs, with a few old tossed in (Corvus, Ghost). See Seatin's list for a general idea.
    LoL - not worth doing for resources presently, as the road blocks are T2As and T5Bs.
    Variants - maybe 1 or 2, definitely not 3.
    5* Featured - 40ish mil, plus or minus.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    I can only answer your second question, since Idk what’s the dungeons cycle, never played any variants nor LoL and still didn’t start act 6. I also don’t play arenas, so I’m not updated about the cutoffs.

But regarding your second question:
    • Science —> I’m pretty sure Quake and Void fit that category (or maybe just God Tier), but they are two of the strongest science champs regardless.
    • Mutant —> Domino, Omega Red and Namor are seeming to shine so far, but Archangel and Emma Frost are close behind.
    • Skill —> Blade is still there, joined by Nick Fury and Ægon.
    • Tech —> Starky is joined (and surpassed, as many would say) by Ghost, and also Warlock I guess (and I’m pretty sure that Guillotine 2099 will be here as well when she’s officially released)
    • Mystic —> Symbiote Supreme and the last-month released Black Widow (Claire Voyant) are making the mystics run for their money. Both are pretty insane.
    • Cosmic —> This is probably the most packed class. Even though many champs are not Beyond-God tier, most are either God or High Demi-God tier. The Beyond ones that come to mind are Medusa, Hyperion and Corvus Glaive.

And I’m sorry if I forgot any champ (which probably happened)
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★

Hey guys. Just picked this back up again a couple weeks ago after not playing for about a year and a half. Got a few questions lol.

-What cycle are the dungeons on? I got the chance to do the last couple when I started back and am pretty close to a featured 5* crystal.
    -Who are the current 'god tier' champs? Back when I stopped Blade and Stark Spidey were probably the best in the game... I didn't have either and obviously don't have any recent champs so my roster is a bit outdated. R5 Iceman, R4 Magik/SL/Ultron/Drax, 6* YJ & Kingpin.
    -Is it worth attempting any of the variants with my roster or should I wait for some better pulls. I already completed 6.1 since starting back so I've got Cavalier.
    -Tips for LOL? With my 4/55 SL I did 3 paths back in the day so I'm nearly halfway done. Any better options now?
    -What are cutoffs like in the 5* featured? I put up 7.5m this go around and got the 1k 5* shards.

Thanks

Ghost seems to be a fav of most. Omega Red also quite good. they both benefit heavily with synergies as well.

Have a look at this for some more ideas:
    https://www.mcoc-guide.com/champions-tier-list-for-offense-god-tier-demi-god-meh-etc/

Variants 2 and 3 are much easier than Variant 1.

Dungeons I believe tend to come around last week or last 2 weeks of the month? Should be due soon. they run for a fortnight
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    1. Dungeons come back the last two weeks of every month
    2. Top three from each class, in my opinion: Tech (Ghost, Stark Spidey, Warlock), Mystic (Magik, Symbiote Supreme, Ghost Rider), Science (Quake, Captain America Infinity War, Thing), Skill (Aegon, Nick Fury, Blade), Mutant (Namor, Domino, Omega Red), Cosmic (Corvus Glaive, Venom, Hyperion). Top 3 Overall: Corvus, Ghost, Quake
    3. Without knowing your full roster, I can't answer this properly, but if you have a five star Stark Spidey or Star-Lord or a Ghost or Sentinel (Even a four star), you should be able to do Variant 3 easily. If you have a Venom and Red Hulk/Gladiator Hulk, you should be able to do one run of Variant 2 easily.
    4. Aegon is the best champion, hands down, for completing LoL, but you can still do it just fine with Star-Lord, it'll just take longer. Aegon needs to be duped and have at least sig 120, in my opinion, but the higher his sig, the better.
    5. I don't grind the five star featured myself, but I know that the cut off tends to be between 30-70 million depending on the champ.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

If you can do 6.1, you can probably do the Variants, at least V3 and maybe V2 (some players have managed to go through V3 with 4* champs). The rewards are worth it both for first completion and exploration, although of course exploration takes a lot more effort. I would attempt them in the reverse order to when they came out: Polar Opposites (aka V3), Micro Realms (aka V2) and Ultron (aka V1). Each Variant has some form of champion gate that limits which champs you can use or grants advantages and disadvantages to different kinds of champs.

V1 has hard class gates for each chapter where only two specific classes are allowed: for example in chapter one you can only bring Skill or Mutants. This Variant is considered the most difficult, simply because many players don't have enough strength in their rosters in every single class to get through every chapter without a lot of difficulty. It is also I believe the longest Variant in terms of total paths and number of fights.

V2 doesn't have hard gates, instead it has special node effects: specifically the combination of microreflect, particle protector, and size matters. Basically, PP acts like Ant Man's glancing but has an 85% chance to kick in, MR takes all glanced damage and reflects it back to you in a strike back, and Size Matters modulates the other two based on the size (tag) of your attacker. XL champs mostly ignore the nodes, smaller champs are affected to different degrees. If you have strong XL champs (King Groot is surprisingly good here, Venom is another great one) you can probably get through this one. You don't need XL, but you need special tactics if you don't.

And finally V3, which most consider the easiest one (and also the shortest one) simply penalizes all non-tech champs with a 50% attack reduction, but gives special bonuses to tech champs and Sentinel specifically. The V3 gates are the "softest" in the sense that some people love taking their tech champs and romping through it, and other people feel it is perfectly acceptable to take their top tier non-tech champs and still work through it.

If you're in the content's weight class, per unit effort I think the Variant rewards are the best gameplay-accessible rewards in the game at the moment. Specifically, the rank up gems are a significant boost to most players' roster and the 4->5 ones are well worth pursuing.
  • MINIWARLORDMINIWARLORD Posts: 62
    Thanks for the answers, really helps a lot. I have a 5* venom that I'm planning to take to R4 once I get some more T1A, which should help for V2. Looks like I should go for V3 first though.
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★

Thanks for the answers, really helps a lot. I have a 5* venom that I'm planning to take to R4 once I get some more T1A, which should help for V2. Looks like I should go for V3 first though.

Venom legit washes through V2 you should be able to get through like 90% of it with him I did
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @MINIWARLORD I completed variant 2 mostly with a r4 Venom, you can easily do it. You just need one of the hulks for the poison nodes, I used Red Hulk.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

1. What cycle are the dungeons on? I got the chance to do the last couple when I started back and am pretty close to a featured 5* crystal.
    2. Who are the current 'god tier' champs? Back when I stopped Blade and Stark Spidey were probably the best in the game... I didn't have either and obviously don't have any recent champs so my roster is a bit outdated. R5 Iceman, R4 Magik/SL/Ultron/Drax, 6* YJ & Kingpin.
    3. Is it worth attempting any of the variants with my roster or should I wait for some better pulls. I already completed 6.1 since starting back so I've got Cavalier.
    4. Tips for LOL? With my 4/55 SL I did 3 paths back in the day so I'm nearly halfway done. Any better options now?
    5. What are cutoffs like in the 5* featured? I put up 7.5m this go around and got the 1k 5* shards.

Thanks

1. IDK, dungeons are trash imo
    2. Ghost and and Quake are the top of the meta, with a high skill cap. Corvus Glaive, Omega Red, Namor, Void, Captain America (IW) and Void are also very high up there. Of the very recent champs. Warlock and Claire Voyant are generally considered really good.
    3. Star Lord, Ghost, Stark Spidey, Sentinel, and other good Tech champs are fantastic for V3 from what I understand. I haven't done it yet, but most people I've seen haven't had much difficulty.
    4. From what I understand (I'm not on LOL level yet), duped high sig Aegon is head and shoulders above everyone else. Ghost is also fantastic, and Guillotine 2099 is apparently up there, but she's not available to everyone yet.
    5. 5* Featured varies massively. For new champs it can get up to 50/60M and even above. Otherwise c 30M seems to be safe. For the top shard rewards, 14M does it for newer champs. Not sure about others.

Hope this helps! Take it all with a grain of salt; I'm very active and well-informed but still relatively new, as I've only been playing since December.