**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Champion boss in ACT 6 chapter 2 is so Overpowered!!!

DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
I spent around 3600 units fighting him.This is due to lack of practice on the final phase and it takes many units to also get to the final phase;

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kinda like the collector was when he was released.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    There is not really anyway to practice as other champions you can duel have very different abilities.
    I also tried very hard
    For everyone to know I am not upset
    Just slightly confused

There is not really anyway to practice as other champions you can duel have very different abilities.

The only thing you really need to practice is evading the special with dex, which you can do on most champions.

My first try I spent about 2k units, but after that I maybe used 4 revives on every other attempt, so dont take it to heart.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Just leave it for done time, come back when you're fresh. This would help a lot.
    Also, practice dexing his specials by duels. You'll feel better in the main fight. Best of luck!!!
    Thank you I appreciate it very much!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    I’m spend like 850 units then back out then I’m had to do it again then fail again my laek of practice one the final phess but my 3 was the luck I’m got him down Haven’t try him more that since He ain’t overpowered just the only champions ther prevents none skil players to get it down. With I’m like the most I’m do not like the gate that a defrinds thing
    I previously didn't mention but I used a 5 star rank 3 she hulk and a 5 star rank 4 cap IW
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Hellow said:

Not really you chose to go unprepared
    Getting the evade charges is not hard if you know how to do the yo-yo trick
    You also have the champs to do it even a rank 1 she hulk can do it
    Even now after the nerf she is still a viable counter
    Cap is another great counter

Well u wil Hav to play defrinds to do it with a rank1 she hulk ikow it can be done but definitely not esay
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★

Save your units and wait until you have the right champs. Or your champs are upgraded. Hood, SyS R5 or CAIW R5. No point in rushing. That 3600 could of gone to Cavs to hopefully get the better champs. It’s not only skill, it’s bringing the right champs. On the paths where I could I brought R5 SyS And R5 CAIW no Units spent because I waited.

You're giving me hope. After an unsuccessful try, I'm waiting for the right champs... Got SS just waiting for CAIW. I can tell I'm going to need every advantage on this one.

• Practice dexing his sp1 in duels. You can do 5/day for free. If you’re willing to dump 2k units and back out you’d be better off dumping 100 and duelling the champion 25 times with a 3* she hulk or CapIW until you consistently dex that special.

If you can have a counter to the unstoppable you should work on your interception skills as that counters his unblockable attacks.

The first 90% is skill, propped up by roster and some units.

The last 10% is entirely skill. You could throw £10k at it and you would still fail if you don’t have the skill to dexterity that special consistently
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    That's the main reason I love this boss, finally something in this game that depends on skill not RNG or money, and no matter how many units you pour in, unless you practice, youll never get better.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    @will-o-wisp made a really good thread about how unfair it is
    I incline in a way towards your points
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    No he’s not
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    There is a Champion in this month's UC you can practice dexing against. He is the first fight on that path. Hope that helps!
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Just use Ms problem solved
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

That's the main reason I love this boss, finally something in this game that depends on skill not RNG or money, and no matter how many units you pour in, unless you practice, youll never get better.

Except it does matter on RNG since you need the correct champs
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    edited October 2019
    I'll probably get hate for this comment, but I enjoyed the Champion boss fight. He was very challenging but you certainly feel a sense of accomplishment when you beat him and when you clear him for the last time. He's very difficult but far from impossible, plus I like the fact that you can't just buy your way past him, you have to have a certain degree of skill to defeat him. He's a much better design than the Collector was, that's for sure.
  • angelocrtzangelocrtz Posts: 100
    I personally have not beat him myself yet, the few times I did i refused to use any units and have only used items I have in the stash I can get him down to 10% no problem. I have the champs (Cap IW r4 5* and 6*, r5 Thing, 6* SS) for him but guess my skills are not good enough yet. The best I have been able to do is remove 3 of his indestructibles after 15 sp1s.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

I personally have not beat him myself yet, the few times I did i refused to use any units and have only used items I have in the stash I can get him down to 10% no problem. I have the champs (Cap IW r4 5* and 6*, r5 Thing, 6* SS) for him but guess my skills are not good enough yet. The best I have been able to do is remove 3 of his indestructibles after 15 sp1s.

Have you tried taking in block dmg and then dodge at the end of his sp? Requires very little timing and skill and you have 2 champs that reduce dmg by a lot so you can block dmg for 5 prowess charges
  • ZaymelsZaymels Posts: 38
    Lormif said:

Kinda like the collector was when he was released.

How he still is you mean.

Except it does matter on RNG since you need the correct champs
    Except you don’t, the right champs can bypass his hardest abilities, but people have beaten it with other champs
    Understood