**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Shock Immune Champs Should Be Immune To Electro

NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
Electro’s damage back should be shock based, not just “energy” based.... Shock Immune champs should be immune to this damage back. Can someone explain to me why this shouldn’t be?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    No, it shouldn't. You said it yourself.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    NMEONES said:

Electro’s damage back should be shock based, not just “energy” based.... Shock Immune champs should be immune to this damage back. Can someone explain to me why this shouldn’t be?

Because it would be pointless considering that very few champs are immune to shock and it would make electro even worse than he already is.
  • Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    I see that we have easily forgotten about Bishop. Go against Electro with Bishop and you will enjoy the shock less fight I assure you.
    That would nerf other champions that counter his ability.
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    Elad17 said:

I see that we have easily forgotten about Bishop. Go against Electro with Bishop and you will enjoy the shock less fight I assure you.

What does Bishop do against Electro?Never bothered to play with him, certainly it would be nice to find some usage out of 5* version. (and do we need any specific synergy team)?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    From Bishop's spotlight:

Energy Transference Passive

+3882 Energy Resistance at all times.

Developer Note: This includes energy-based damage-over-time abilities like Coldsnap, Limbo, Incinerate, and Shock.

- Energy Attacks against Bishop generate 70% more Power plus 1 stack of Prowess.

- Energy Damage abilities against Bishop have up to a 40% chance with each tick to generate 2% Power plus 1 stack of Prowess. No effect against the abilities of Tech Champions.

- Absorb the kinetic energy of a well-timed Block to generate 5% Power plus 3 stacks of Prowess. Prowess gained in this way is doubled against Skill Champions and tripled against Energy-based Special Attacks. No effect against the attacks of Tech Champions.

• Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    He uses the shock transfer to fuel his prowess and benefits from absorbing most of the damage. So most would lose 2-5% Bishop would lose 1-1.5% of health instead
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    NMEONES said:

Everyone’s saying because it’s energy damage, etc... I already know what the stats say. I’m talking about Electro in general. Rather then generic energy damage I’m saying it should be shock. Everything about his abilities revolve around shock, except the damage back which is just generic energy damage.

I’m not calling for rework of the champ, ****, complaining, or screaming money grab.... I’m just spitballing the thought I had when I saw him in variant. It’s not like I had an issue vs him, Still solod him with Thing.

You are saying the damage type should be changed, that is calling for a rework.

Just out of interest, is there ANY way to avoid that fun & interactive damage you get from hitting Electro ?

Projectiles, Defensive Ability accuracy reduction, Omega-red tentacle hits
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Terra said:

It is the only thing he has...let that guy have at least that one feature

He does have some nice crit damage and high damage specials though. Wouldn't mind pulling a 6* of him some day (if he is in the pool)
    I doubt that
    Too_qik said:

I agree, it's like Iceman not being cold immune, completely stupid. And def. Should be changed.

It's fiction. I'm not going to discuss that firther, you can search in the forums tons of threads about that.
    But for real, Iceman can "logically" be affected by coldsnap
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I honestly think Electro is not even worth the discussion. He was only relevant defensively in his day and now he is no more than arena fodder and most players don't have him as a 5 star and I don't think he's available as a 6 star.

So it wouldn't matter to me if those champions were completely immune or not.