**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New phones & tablets

Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
I'm in the position to move on device wise. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 which has been hit and miss now for over a year. If it wasn't for my phone I would have stopped playing. My phone is the Galaxy S6, but it's getting the old age problems of battery draining fast, looking increasing smaller compared to new phones, and I've had it about 5 years it's definitely time for a change.

I don't mind moving to Apple if the game is going to be reliable, but if I do go Apple I'd prefer it to be an iPad. I just want to invest in a device that is tried and test and works well with the game. Honestly, it's about all I really need a mobile phone or tablet for!

So I looking for any input on what people use and how well/reliable they are with the game, thanks.

Comments

• AgragulAgragul Posts: 31
    I am using an iPad mini (2019) version.
    Game runs absolutely fine with very low loading times.
    Size is perfect, neither too big nor too small (to be used as an entertainment / leisure) device.
    Portability helps to game in the move.
    Typical Apple battery endurance means you never run out of juice during move.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Agragul said:

Size is perfect, neither too big nor too small (to be used as an entertainment / leisure) device.

Great review, thanks. I've never owned an Apple device, not that I'm against them, I just started on Samsung and never changed. Maybe now is the time, as the Galaxy S tablets are all 10" and over now. Too big for gaming imho.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I have always had a Samsung cellphone. Last year i decided to get a new tablet and had always heard apple runs faster and smoother than Android. I ended up purchasing a gen6 iPad. The reg gen6 128gb is what i bought. I wasn't sure about the size, but i enjoy it. You can actually see the game as u play. Previously i missed dex messages on the screen and things like that because my fingers were blocking it on my S6 and S8 cellphone. Now, I am see the screen better and my gameplay instantly improved. Load times increased considerably. The load screen between fights is between 1 to 2 seconds. I never considered my Galaxy S8 as slow, but the load times were cut in half. I don't use half the features on my iPad cuz i mainly just use it for this game and haven't spent the time figuring out everything since i am not that familiar with Apple. I still will choose Samsung for a cellphone but i am more than happy with my iPad purchase. I have friends that bought the iPad pro, but i couldn't see spending that much money just for a tablet to play this game only on.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I play on a new iPad mini and iPhone 11. The game runs smoother and faster on the iPad.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    I have been playing on an iPad air2 for a few years now. And have used i pone 10 and now moto z4. And all play about the same. I like the iPad the best though
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I play at IPad mini4 back when it was released as brand new and mcoc still work is fine. Waiting for iPad mini5 to keep things fresh in case mcoc continues evolving more and more that requires more RAM and all that as mini4 can’t keep up but for now after 3-4 years of use it’s still going strong :)
  • If you really want a tablet i cant help you out, but on the phone side.. the best phone out there currently is the OnePlus 7t

-Clean android (so fast as hll, not getting slow like samsung phones, i used to be a samsung fanboy, but after having to put a custom rom on it every time so its finally fast enough i abandoned them and used several other brands.. i am kinda a phone tech freak and i mostly read up on it pretty much..

-super fast upgrades (already latest android version , android 10 out of the box)

-90 hrz screen... ideal for gaming making it much smoother... If you think your phone is smooth now, wait till you tried it and then go back to another phone, it's another genre.....

-fast cpu , snapdragon 855+ even more power for fluid gaming

-8gb memory overkill but hey, can't complain there

-128 gb internal memory for all your por....... seline Vase pictures 😅

Here there's more info.., https://www.oneplus.com/nl/7t?from=7t-pro there's also a pro version so look them both up...

• PHJfinPHJfin Posts: 60
    I used to be with Samsung too, since Samsung S2 upto S9plus. Lost it (and found later) and decided to upgrade to better performing phone on games. IPhone was too expensive and with the price of S10+ Samsung I could get OnePlus 7 Pro. Loading times are fast and gameplay smooth. Samsung has a lot better cameras, but I can live with it. If you're getting new phone instead of tablet, I sure can recommend this option.

I hope MCOC will support high refresh rate phones later on, as it looks so d*mn pretty on 90hz/fps, but you'll miss some moves every now and then.
  • Weaver1983Weaver1983 Posts: 60

-90 hrz screen... ideal for gaming making it much smoother... If you think your phone is smooth now, wait till you tried it and then go back to another phone, it's another genre....

I can't speak for the OnePlus 7T specifically, but I recently upgraded to the Pixel 4 with its 90hz screen refresh. Something about the screen refresh rate messes up my light attack taps. I'll be tapping mid-combo and it'll go for a heavy instead.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Agragul said:

I use the same device and the game doesn’t run well at all.
    Loading times are quick but I experience combat lag in most fights.
    Bought myself an iPad mini 5 2019.
    The game is revolutionized! Everything loads 10 times faster, and when you play hard in arenas that is a BIG advantage! I believe I can reach arena targets nearly twice as fast. I can now see graphics, like rain, so much clearer. I know this is just a small visual thing, but makes the change so much more rewardable after playing on Samsung for so long.
    It's obviously got a lot to do with the device operating newer software, but as much as I don't really like Apple and their desire to stray from the ordinary, I can honestly say it was a great purchase! Would recommend this tablet for this game.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I recommend finding an old ipad air 2 or the new base ipad, if you can afford it, the ipad air 2019 seems like a good choice
    They are too big for my liking though. I wanted 8 inch max :)
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Too many jokes in that setence lol

Too many jokes in that setence lol
    If you're used to handling big things then go for the Air, but I prefer something tight in my hand that I can control...

Is that better?! lol
  • I'm currently waiting patiently for news on the Razer 3. The OnePlus 7 Pro looks pretty slick, as does the ASUS ROG 2. Razer and ASUS feature a 120hz screen. However ASUS uses an AMOLED screen whereas the current Razer 2 doesn't. Which is why I'm hanging loose for the Razer 3. Which is (according to rumor) being delayed to make it 5G friendly.

I would imagine the specs for the Razer 3 will surpass many once they finally get around to releasing it. If it gets buried, I'll reassess November 2020 when I'm due for my upgrade. For now, my S9+ is doing me just fine. Personally, I'm anti iOS/Apple as I just cannot justify spending what they charge for subpar hardware. I'm sure it works fine and dandy for some, but I'm a tech geek and Apple has taken a dive in the performance department over the last few years.