**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Old man Logan sucks. And is broken still

Comments

• AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★

Neonoctis said:

So is it a bug ?? @Kabam Miike considering you guys posted this in his champion spotlight but we are still taking full damage from double edge. Not reduced bleed damage like you promised is.

That doesn't sound right. Looking into it now.
    While you're looking into that theres just one more question, is his sp1 broken or does the opponent have to have an armorup buff in order for his sp1 armorbreak to activate? I cant see that being the case otherwise it would be useless for fighting emma frost and km and fights like that.... In beta it was broken and only applied sometimes wether they had an armor buff or not..... I havent triggered it once yet post buff
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    His damage seems good to be honest. I'm happy with it anyway. The way the armor break works is kinda weird, but whatever. I think it's just the fact that double edge is not working as we all thought it would. If the fact that the regen buff is triggered after double edge/isn't affecting it is unintended and fixed. I think it will be a great buff for him. Being suicide friendly was definitely part of the appeal of him (pre-buff as well).
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

issamaf80 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DlvrD9_f9A

you must be a noob here is my 4 star undup hes insane look at the video and learn how to play him

Where exactly does he look insane? R3 domino does more damage than r4 oml.
    This is bad thinking. Just because a champ isn’t as good as the so called “Gods” doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Too many people pigeon hole themselves into thinking they need the OP champs to do anything. That’s bad thinking. Besides, for Domino to do that much damage she needs synergies
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★

Well clearly this is a bug now that Kabam Mike has to look into it. You all took 6 months and it was still released bug? I don't want to add smoke to fire but that doesn't look good at all.

Someone disagreed with that? SMH. Seemed pretty clear. They laid out why it was good to use and it doesn't work the way they said it would. Sounds like a bug.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    TRONG94 said:

Aleor said:

issamaf80 said:

you must be a noob here is my 4 star undup hes insane look at the video and learn how to play him

This is bad thinking. Just because a champ isn’t as good as the so called “Gods” doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Too many people pigeon hole themselves into thinking they need the OP champs to do anything. That’s bad thinking. Besides, for Domino to do that much damage she needs synergies
    Nope, Domino doesn't need synergy to have her crazy critical bleed.
    still rng based
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019

Aleor said:

issamaf80 said:

They both are muts and both deal bleed damage, so imo it's natural to compare those two. Oml has regen, but domino has aar, great with and without synergies, both have critical bleeds (looks like r3 domino has more bleed damage then r4 oml)
    Also I used them in one team to do the comparation - oml, domino, rulk, hulk, abom. And even without spamming heavy attacks domino is still better, even being one rank lower. Also they both somewhat rely on heavy attacks.
    I would've probably use both of them for similar content, so... As I said above, it's not that difficult to buff a champ to make him better in one fight and worse in another. Imo that's how it should be in a balanced game. Yet here I see no matches where oml would be better then omega or domino. And it's not like oml is as good as those two.
  • Lormif said:

Neonoctis said:

Also the armor break isn’t broken. It’s just a gimped form of armor break because most all other champs in game can apply armor break even if the opponent doesn’t have armor. (I.e. corvus. Thor. ) but apparently the new awesome super buffed old man Logan can only apply armor break if the opponent has armor up. What kind of cheap pathetic attempt at a buff was this kabam ?!

why do you want to armor break them when they have no armor, unless you are hoping to trigger dispair, but you run the risk of willpower for no gains since armor break wont increase your damage if they had no armor to begin with.
    I hesitate to say anything about armor break definitively as it has literally changed under the hood in between when I tested it and when I wrote about it once before, but the last I checked armor break does increase damage even when the target has no armor buffs to break. It pushes total armor percentage negative, which translates to more damage.

Armor break generally does two things: it removes a stack of armor buff if the target has armor buffs, and it applies its own negative armor rating, and last I checked that reduction had DR applied independently of armor rating. In other words, DR(armor) - DR(armorbreak) instead of DR(armor-armorbreak). But as I said, this has changed several times.

There's an additional complication involving resistances and armor, but that's going deep into the weeds.
    issamaf80 said:

TRONG94 said:

Aleor said:

issamaf80 said:

Nope, Domino doesn't need synergy to have her crazy critical bleed.
    still rng based
    So does oml. In long run like rol rng is not that important
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

issamaf80 said:

They both are muts and both deal bleed damage, so imo it's natural to compare those two. Oml has regen, but domino has aar, great with and without synergies, both have critical bleeds (looks like r3 domino has more bleed damage then r4 oml)
    Also I used them in one team to do the comparation - oml, domino, rulk, hulk, abom. And even without spamming heavy attacks domino is still better, even being one rank lower. Also they both somewhat rely on heavy attacks.
    I would've probably use both of them for similar content, so... As I said above, it's not that difficult to buff a champ to make him better in one fight and worse in another. Imo that's how it should be in a balanced game. Yet here I see no matches where oml would be better then omega or domino. And it's not like oml is as good as those two.
    @Aleor you say “used them once in a quest” was this today, after the buff release? And can you redo the fight(s) and lost results?
  • They sent message in game that it has been changed but my old man logan doesnt have the new abilities yet

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

issamaf80 said:

@Aleor you say “used them once in a quest” was this today, after the buff release? And can you redo the fight(s) and lost results?
    @Liss_Bliss_
    Yes, sure. I was playing around oml trying him with different synergies, like sinester, colossus, cyclopses for sps damage. Ended up with end one I mentioned - rulk, hulk and abom give some crit chance, wich oml lacks but needs, and domino gives his furies +12%, so she was in the team almost all the time. Also I played both somewhat sloppy, and domino with lower combo is not that good, while with oml I was able to throw more sps, so I'd say domino had more disadvantages
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Graydrox said:

I'm taking full bleed damage from Double Edge with regen active. Anybody else have this problem?

Same with me

Graydrox said:

I'm taking full bleed damage from Double Edge with regen active. Anybody else have this problem?

Same with me
    Same for bleed node in aq
    Aleor said:

Graydrox said:

Same with me
    Same for bleed node in aq
    its bugged kabam mike confirmed it
  • issamaf80 said:

TRONG94 said:

When they said they werent happy with him in beta and they said the live buff would make players satisfied for waiting for so long, I thought they were going to increase his crit rate or his crit bleed damage. To me this is just a tiny tweak to him rather than being called a noticeable buff.
    His attack is not high and no real good utility is added in order to make him helpful for hard contents. For example, slow debuff they gave to SH and SG is a new helpful mechanic.

I have him at 2/35. Most of the time he can only crit once during his 3 hit sp2 and his so called critical bleed even with 12 furies is still so so so low compared to a 4/40 Domino. I guess I am not going to rank him up to rank 3.

I was going to analyze the damage and uptime in that excerpt, when I noticed something odd. On the damage side I see about 38 hits dealing about 20% damage, which implies about 190 hits to bring down WS at that pace. That's pretty good damage actually. But I was trying to calculate the mitigation cost when I ran into something unexpected. The heal buff isn't cycling every 20 seconds, it is actually cycling every 22 seconds approximately. I can't test this myself, because OML hasn't updated on my game yet. But both the Youtube timeline and the embedded clock in the recording show about 22-23 seconds of cycle time. For reference, the heal refreshes at the 16 second mark in the video first, then at the 38 second mark, then at the 61 second mark (1:01).

Can anyone else who has the updated OML check to see if the heal is actually cycling in 20 seconds?

[Note: the heal uptime I calculate in the video, with the timing I see in the two full cycles I can measure, at about 39%. That would make the average heal about 0.2%/sec, about half the passive heal of the original OML. But I would defer those calculations until I could verify the timing is even correct first.]
    DNA3000 said:

issamaf80 said:

TRONG94 said:

When they said they werent happy with him in beta and they said the live buff would make players satisfied for waiting for so long, I thought they were going to increase his crit rate or his crit bleed damage. To me this is just a tiny tweak to him rather than being called a noticeable buff.
    His attack is not high and no real good utility is added in order to make him helpful for hard contents. For example, slow debuff they gave to SH and SG is a new helpful mechanic.

I have him at 2/35. Most of the time he can only crit once during his 3 hit sp2 and his so called critical bleed even with 12 furies is still so so so low compared to a 4/40 Domino. I guess I am not going to rank him up to rank 3.

I was going to analyze the damage and uptime in that excerpt, when I noticed something odd. On the damage side I see about 38 hits dealing about 20% damage, which implies about 190 hits to bring down WS at that pace. That's pretty good damage actually. But I was trying to calculate the mitigation cost when I ran into something unexpected. The heal buff isn't cycling every 20 seconds, it is actually cycling every 22 seconds approximately. I can't test this myself, because OML hasn't updated on my game yet. But both the Youtube timeline and the embedded clock in the recording show about 22-23 seconds of cycle time. For reference, the heal refreshes at the 16 second mark in the video first, then at the 38 second mark, then at the 61 second mark (1:01).

Can anyone else who has the updated OML check to see if the heal is actually cycling in 20 seconds?

[Note: the heal uptime I calculate in the video, with the timing I see in the two full cycles I can measure, at about 39%. That would make the average heal about 0.2%/sec, about half the passive heal of the original OML. But I would defer those calculations until I could verify the timing is even correct first.]
    i will make sure to test it also im using sabertooth synergy to boost the regen
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    these two reworks r done definitely very very half heartedly !! if u didnt wanna do it just post on forum we dont like these two champs and they r old we dont like to buff so old champs ,it doesnt benifit anyone and bla... why waste so many months and give us 'this'!! very disapointed , could have been a great being only 'wolverine' 'logan' available in all stars!! imagine getting ur favorite marvel guy,character which actually got so many interested in marvel movies back in 2000,been played by same legendary actor for 18 years and in-game he has absolute 0 value!!! (zero)
  • TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    OML has to be bugged his regen is worse and his damage seems really low after update ..against ROL WS an r4 with full suicides doing 2500 to 3k a hit and rare crits doing 6k to 9k with 15 bleed stacks on his sp2 and 9k on his sp3 with 15 bleeds... if this not a bug i think rank down tickets are in order I ranked him up for his sustainable regen which is now gone...
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Neonoctis said:

Regen is sub par at best. Damage is mediocre. Without awaken ability good luck getting to 15 passive bleeds with an sp2. Oh... and icing on the cake. The armor break STILL doesn’t work. Pic was taken right after sp1 hit.
    Thanks for another awful champ buff kabam. We appreciate it. 👍🏻

You forgot that his first hit heavy will 100% refresh the Passive Bleed duration and the 2md hit heavy has 100% chance to refresh his Fury Buff for 2 seconds.
    LOL
    Please read his description before ranting here like an immature person.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 70
    I really just don't understand making his healing a buff instead of a passive buff. It was the one unique feature he had that made OML interesting. Would have preferred they built upon that aspect of him.

There's plenty of hero's with more powerful healing abilities already in the game.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Bpn88855 said:

Same I can say about colossus. Still trash champ :)) at least r4 was by 2015 gem. It was 216 hits to kill him.

98 total s2 Bleeds you dry
This discussion has been closed.