**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AI blocks special after combo

I am playing variant 1, I am using gamit on power reserve node. When I use special immediately after combo, AI blocks some time. See below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXLk85MWsUE&feature=youtu.be

Can some one please guide on this ?

Comments

• WhiteStrikerWhiteStriker Posts: 107
    edited November 2019
    Exact time is at 1:30
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    This video is private, so nobody can see it.
    @SparkAlot thanks for the update. I made it public now
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Not sure if it’s just me but I felt like there was a small delay in actually launching the special
    edited November 2019
    @Lvernon15 , No I went in 4-5 times in that fight trying out different possibilities. I even tried to keep ending with light attack and SP1 immediately after last light attack making contact in combo.

If you observe closely, The block is triggering after sp1 animation started. This happens with all champions where sp1 has multiple hits and first hits has less reachability
  • Vampi007Vampi007 Posts: 88
    I am facing it too and it's so annoying and costly . Hope kabam fixes it soon
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @Vampi007 @WhiteStriker

We've seen variations on this bug a few times in the past though I'm not sure Kabam has ever confirmed it.

The best I can tell is that when a stun expires, it immediately resets/negates any recovery time from hits. The expiration of the stun instantly sets the defender back to neutral, giving them they opportunity to execute a move when they should still be recoiling from the hit they just took.

Previously, this was widespread with Nightcrawler. You could stun him and hit him with a multi-hit special. When the stun wore off, he was able to evade later hits in the special even though the early confirmed hits should have locked him into place.

This could be what's happening here as the stun wears off between the last hit of the regular combo and the first hit of the special. However, this one is hard to prove from the player's side.
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    You threw the sp1 right after the stun expired which allowed her enough time to block.
  • Vampi007Vampi007 Posts: 88
    @Mirage_Turtle it never happened for past 3 years with me playing this game . When something is different (or in this case changed) one instantly picks it up . This has not happened once but many times for past 3 weeks or so . Trust me I tried to be as fast as possible to chain that sp with my combo but AI will just block it and then you are comboed into oblivion lol.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Vampi007 said:

@Mirage_Turtle it never happened for past 3 years with me playing this game . When something is different (or in this case changed) one instantly picks it up . This has not happened once but many times for past 3 weeks or so . Trust me I tried to be as fast as possible to chain that sp with my combo but AI will just block it and then you are comboed into oblivion lol.

I re-read my message and feel I need to clarify something. I'm not attempting to justify a longstanding game mechanic. I'm trying to describe a bug that we've seen in the past that may have re-emerged.

A stun expiring shouldn't give a defender a chance to execute an action (block, attack, throw a special) if they should be locked into position because of a landed hit. This was seen a lot about a year ago because there was a pesky Nightcrawler fight in an EQ that was just before the boss node, meaning you had to fight him several times. He had a habit of evading multi-hit specials even after taking a hit. It made the bug pretty glaring.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I experience the same thing. I think Mirage_Turtle describes it well. Instead of recovering from the hit they just took, the defender is "reset" when coming out of the stun. On easier content, the AI tends to still stand there and get hit again. It happens more often on harder content.