**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    iPhone 14 Pro Max
    Latest game and IOS build
    Inputs are horrendous. Random dashes, specials not working, block failing. This is especially noticeable in EOP where movements have to be precise.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    iPhone 14 Pro Max
    Inputs are horrendous. Random dashes, specials not working, block failing. This is especially noticeable in EOP where movements have to be precise.

Don’t know why it got posted twice.
  • MSJMSJ Posts: 8
    In-game name: ¥Scotch¥
    Device and model: Iphone 13 pro max
    Device OS: iOS 16.0.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular and WiFi
    Installed game version: 36.2.1
    Game Mode: Everywhere
    Problem Description: Framerate input system and beta

I made this post 6 months ago and I still have the same fps errors mainly it is very affected fps drops and lags all the time of the game

The game's framerate has been terrible over the last few days, from the inconsistent frametime to the fps dropping below 20fps. Please have a look at this.

Also, this new input system only works worse compared to the old one. Not only is the parry not consistent, but sometimes the heavy attack and special button do not register.
  • PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Also tested iPhone 12 vs 14 with and without new iOS 16. And with and without input beta. The control issues described above are only on the iPhone 14.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Update -
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.5.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: v 36.1.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? In all modes the crashing occurs. It is happening before a fight, during a fight, at the end of a fight after the KO, when changing screens, etc. It has only gotten worse. This progression started back when Psychoman came into the game. Currently stuck in Daily Quest - Proving Grounds - Easy trying to fight Doctor Octopus and it keeps crashing before the fight starts and now I can't access the game as it stuck load game, go into fight, crash before fight starts and then repeat.
  • GoldenDadGoldenDad Posts: 85
    Iphone 13 pro
    Latest updates
    Issue: Sunspot ‘Perfect Block’ words are incorrect. Says MS_ID_UI_STAT_ATTRIBUTE_PERFECT_BLOCK_HUD
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    iPhone 14 Pro
    Inputs are horrendous. Random dashes, specials not working, block failing. Missed so many combos into a special because special doesn't activate.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    csexton00 said:

iPhone 14 Pro
    Inputs are horrendous. Random dashes, specials not working, block failing. Missed so many combos into a special because special doesn't activate.

This 100%. It’s a 13 Pro Max playing EoP for me. Latest iOS and game build. I can see my high speed router from across the room, and it and the modem are the latest models available from my provider (installed <60 days ago).

I’ve tried different permutations of cell data/WiFi/cell off WiFi only/no VPN. Basic inputs are beyond bad—dropped specials, dropped heavy inputs and erratic timing on dexterity. Frame rate stutter.

Are you guys still working on issues related to basic game mechanics? Because it feels like you’ve given up and just haven’t told us.

Dr. Zola
  • PP_ThunderPP_Thunder Posts: 37
    Name: PP Thunder
    Phone: iPhone SE 2nd Gen
    Version: 15.6.1
    Both on Wi-Fi and using data

Happens in alliance wars, alliance quests, Story quests, and event quests. First, parrying issues; there are a lot of champions in which I will parry and it will not trigger, and then I will get hit twice from it and I will die. although dexing issues happen too resulting in the same thing happening, death. Second is heavy attacks. Unless I press down on my screen to the point where I break my phone and cracked my screen, I cannot do heavy attacks and die often, this especially happens when I use guillotine, my second best champion. And for some reason heavy attacks don’t happen as soon as I hold down, there’s like a half a second delay to it, And this doesn’t just happen with guillotine, it happens with a lot of my other champions. Lastly finishing combos. For whatever reason sometimes I’ll just be in the middle of a five hit combo, and it’ll only finish with three or four hits, and then I get hit and die. so for most of these the end result is the same, I die for no reason and end up spending more units as a free to play player, until all my units are gone and I still haven’t beat the final boss. This has been an ongoing issue since 2020, and while it isn’t as bad now, it was only fixed up to 20% of the way, please make it 100%
  • PP_ThunderPP_Thunder Posts: 37
    Oh yeah and I automatically always have the latest version downloaded
  • AKL21AKL21 Posts: 2
    Name: AKL
    Phone: iPhone 14 pro
    Version: 16

After replace a new iPhone14 pro, the game became so lag during the fighting, looks like drop the frame. And the control also has some problems sometimes, for example when I want to dash forward use middle attack, the champ only stand and use light attack. Or when I hold block and it became dash forward, so annoying.

I’ve tried reinstall the game but nothing different.
  • MSJMSJ Posts: 8
    DrZola said:

csexton00 said:

iPhone 14 Pro

This 100%. It’s a 13 Pro Max playing EoP for me. Latest iOS and game build. I can see my high speed router from across the room, and it and the modem are the latest models available from my provider (installed <60 days ago).

I’ve tried different permutations of cell data/WiFi/cell off WiFi only/no VPN. Basic inputs are beyond bad—dropped specials, dropped heavy inputs and erratic timing on dexterity. Frame rate stutter.

Are you guys still working on issues related to basic game mechanics? Because it feels like you’ve given up and just haven’t told us.

Dr. Zola</p>
    true
  • Maniac9322Maniac9322 Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: MANIAC
    Device and Model: iPhone 13 Pro max
    Device Operating System: iOS 16.0.2
    Game Version Installed: 36.3.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War. Everywhere.
    Description of the Issue: Frame rate drop. Game is lagging. Its impossible to dex or parry. I know that game running on 30 fps but on iPhone 13 pro max is 20 or lower. Many people on forum wrote about this issue from few months.

I’ve tried reinstall the game but nothing different. the same with iPhone.
  • I was playing spotted dimension rifts, luckily landed on 6* ag path. Was almost done, game crashes. I logged back onto the game, all my progress was gone, couldn’t continue. Everything is up to date on the game and my device (iPod 7 gen) iOS 15.7, I think. Is there any way I can’t get my 6* ag, or am I SOL!
  • The game doesn’t run properly on IPhone 14 Pro, despite it having the most powerful chip in a smartphone.
  • DLG1987DLG1987 Posts: 13
    IGN: Guerreirinho
    IOS 16
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Wifi
    Latest game version

Hello. I am having input issues and unresponsive taps and dashes in this month EQ. Its costing me some revives already.
  • Battery consumption when playing on iPhone Pro 14 is insanely bad. Kabam, have you done any optimisation work for the latest model?
    I’m using latest iOS, game build, 0.5GB per sec broadband. Everything perfect from my end.
  • lozzadudelozzadude Posts: 164
    In-Game Name: lozzadude
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Device Operating System: iOS 15.6.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 36.2.1
    Game Mode: Quests

Currently trying to do 8.1 exploration. Champs keep doing charging heavies randomly or just doing heavies. They're just locked & I can't stop & they just get KO'd. Also games randomly pauses. This has cost me lots of unnecessary revives & potions.
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    iOS 16.0.2 iPhone 14 Pro
    Game shutdown in mid fight in AQ map 5. Was in the middle of spider-ham's special 2 against Hela and game closed and came back with half health and her at full health.
    Also continuing issues with inputs. Lost count of how many times champs dash forward while I am holding block, failed block/parry at start of fight, failed blocks and evades, champs frozen in place, combos ended to early, whiffed attacks. Very frustrating and extremely difficult to complete anything. Cost me so many potions in AQ, war, and quest. This has been going on for over a year and doesn't seem to ever get any better.
    Update -
    Game Version Installed: v 36.3.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? The crashing itself is happening in all modes, but below is one recent particular issue in relation to this.I've included an image.

I am currently in Daily Quest - ISO 8 Fields (Hard) and have had the game crash about 7 or 8 times trying to fight Red Goblin (4* with a PI of 2,481). This is frustrating as I am trying to complete the objective to get an entry into the side quest. Again this continues to be a challenge as duels are not working for me, can't complete paths in quests due to getting caught in loop crashes which take a long time to get out of and now this.

I've clicking back on the app, I've tried closing out the app and restarting, but all with the same results stuck in a loop of it crashing saying the fight is recovered then crashing and doing this repeatedly.

This is frustrating as the challenge is not a skill problem, but a technology working problem.
  • KleatusKleatus Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Kleatus Vandamn
    Device and Model: iPhone 14 ProMax
    Device Operating System: iOS 16.0.2
    Game Mode: All. Dropped inputs. Movement is way off. Parry attempt causes a dash. Swipe back to evade causes parry. Specials not activating when pushed. Laggy game play in all settings. I have the new beta inputs selected and have since they came out. This is the only game or app that I am having these issues with.

Only thing that has changed in my play is an upgrade to the new phone. I’ve swapped out screen protectors. Tried without a screen protector. Restarted the phone. Fresh install of the game. I’ve done everything on my end that I can do to troubleshoot things.

I’m obviously not the only one to be having these issues. I was running 16.0 on a 13 ProMax and didn’t have these issues. Taking combos and SP1-2 to the face in EOP, AW, AQ, and pretty much every aspect of the game is going to drive me away from playing the game at all. My increase in units and items spent is up 10 fold.

Honestly the way this game played and responded for me in AW may likely get me kicked from my alliance and it’s nothing on my end. I am not YouTuber superstar or legendary MCOC player, but an overnight change to playing this bad in all aspects of the game is unlikely.

It’s not like I’ve had a stroke, my fingers stopped responding to the inputs from my brain, or that I’ve just forgotten how to do just the basics in this game overnight is highly unlikely. A fix needs to come through urgently. I can’t put my alliance in jeopardy because of these issues. I can’t keep playing with these issues.
  • KleatusKleatus Posts: 2
    AKL21 said:

Name: AKL
    Phone: iPhone 14 pro
    Version: 16

After replace a new iPhone14 pro, the game became so lag during the fighting, looks like drop the frame. And the control also has some problems sometimes, for example when I want to dash forward use middle attack, the champ only stand and use light attack. Or when I hold block and it became dash forward, so annoying.

I’ve tried reinstall the game but nothing different.

1000% this! Same issues as well! Frustrating to update to the newest phone and be punished for it.
    It is frustrating, for me it is constant crashing irregardless of the mode of gameplay. August was a good month as I was able to at least complete the event quest in three modes as opposed to none in June, July, and now at this point October. It is frustrating as duels don't work and only provide crashing, but with the crashing extending into other modes I am not able to complete objectives for side quest entry and at this point not able to get the candy to buy the items I'd like to get in the store.
    Update -
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Every game mode.

The "loop" crashing is occurring in every mode of game. I eventually get out of it, but still it prevents me from completing event quests, side quests, and daily quests. This also affects me when doing other quest style modes such as incursions, AQ, and AW. It has happened a few times in area as well. This month has been the worst in regards to this issue of crashing than any month prior. It is frustrating as I'd like to obtain availble rewards which at this point I'm feeling it won't happen unless this issues are addressed asap. I have now 6 solo objectives I can't complete as there is the issue with dueling and now the other options are out as crashing is happening.

In fact, right now stuck in a loop trying to fight Namor on a daily quest path. Please Kabam please help me!

• @BowTieJohn
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Every game mode.

“loop" crashing

Current DEVICE COMPATIBILITY specs in Tech Support pages.
    iPhone 6s and newer
    iOS v11.0
    (which hasn’t been updated in Support page for quite some time now).

I have a feeling recent additions may be pushing your iPhone 6, iOS v12.5.4 , toward the bounds of what device can smoothly be played.
    Seems like a lot of your crash posts have been maybe just in the last month or two ?
    And even though maybe not excluded yet by a requirement in the code, it may be getting more and more “iffy” for that model.