**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• DiegoVDiegoV Posts: 39

In- Game Name: colado
    Device and model: ZenFone 6
    Operating system Android 11
    Cellular or wifi: Wifi and lte
    Game version installed: 33.0.0
    Game mode: Story quests, event quests, arena,both alliance modes
    Description of the issue: game aleatory close
  • I_Kill_U_2I_Kill_U_2 Posts: 15
    edited November 2021
    Game Tag: I_Kill_U_2
    Samsung 20 5G
    Game version up to date
    WIFI @ 743 MB and 5G plenty of bandwidth
    Android 11 OS
    All game modes, but especially AQ and AW. Timing out immediately and losing champs. Dex and parry are still hit and miss. Works at times, doesn't at all others. No, I do not have Beta content enabled. The game also randomly closes.
  • melmenartmelmenart Posts: 24
    https://youtu.be/bc7zd1vEP04
    Thank you, from the heart. Early freezes in fights, now even menu....
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 241
    Issue: Lost 50% health on Warlock in AQ, as the game wouldn't load for over three minutes, and had to re-login. I can share a trimmed clip of total 4:58, as was waiting for even longer.

In-Game Name: Avenger A-1
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy On Max
    Device Operating System: Android Nougat
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: Latest one (couldn't find the number on Play Store)
    Game Mode: AQ Map 5
  • In-Game Name: Juan_The_Brute
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S10
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 33.0.0
    Game Mode: In all game modes
    Description of the Issue: parrying during the fight allows my opponent to continue through it ultimately causing me to recieve a combo that should have been nullified. Also in every fight there is a glitch that causes my screen to stop mid fight resulting in missed attacks as well as leaving me open to punishing counters.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Update v33.1 and still arena stages aren't changing(stuck in Meteor M stage) and memory leak issue isn't fixed too so I'm glad that I didn't spent for Cyber weekend deals.
  • ErDe14ErDe14 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: ErDe14.
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Game Version Installed: 33.1
    Game Mode: Story mode
    Description of the Issue: Controls are really random after new update. When I want to block, hero dash forwards and takes hits, heavy attack is charging automatically. Sometimes opponent hits me in the middle of my combo, also special attack button does not respond for the first try.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: renaxqq
    Device and Model: Nokia 7 plus
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Game Version Installed: V33.1.1
    Game Mode: All modes.
    Description of the Issue: After every single fight game becomes slower and slower. Menus are becoming laggy and I must restart the game to switch between menus smoothly. In my opinion it's memory leak issue.
  • WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 306 ★★★
    In-Game Name: who da poo
    Device and Model: Pixel 3
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Mode: Story - Act 7.1.2 Destructive Feedback Path
    Description of the Issue: Half way through fight one there seems to be lag around the input speeds (Parry gets slower, etc.). By fight number 2 (Invisible Woman) I'm getting wrong inputs. Several times I went from a dex to intercept and it was slow to respond. Then while I was holding block (left thumb), I swiped back (right thumb) to back off (not even tight timing like to dex) and my character (5* r4 Wolverine) through a delayed medium forward.

I've also noticed some timing when there are more than 3 nodes but this was the most noticeable and seems to happen every time I run the path. An aside, but since the update for December I've also gotten far more lag and 1second screen freezes during specials and even a few full game freezes when in arena for more than 20-30 minutes.
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Activated_killa
    Device and Model: Galaxy A21
    Game Version Installed: newest version
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: I can not dex at all! I can not parry at all! When opponent throws a special my champs somehow let go of block as if opponent was unblockable when they wasn’t. When I’m attacking on third light or 4th light attack my champs will throw heavies back to back for no reason!!!! Or when I try to dash backwards my champs will run backwards and get stuck in the heavy stance til attacked. This game is total ****!
  • In game name Webslinger1967
    Device s21 ultra
    Latest operating
    Latest game update
    Cellular and wifi
    Same issues as stated above by Deder80
    Also spinning wheel of death. I literally can't afford to play a game... I have been the leader and your compensation didn't even last a path due to your bugs. It is sad to say but I think this is all I can take anymore. I have been patient, I have stood up for the complications of the game. 1 bummed out gamer.
  • In-Game Name: iKoko
    Device and Model: Galaxy M51
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue:  Inconsistent lag and sometimes the game freezes on loading screens so I have to restart the app
  • In-Game Name: Jr.Cavalcante
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S21+ (Exynos 2100)
    Device Operating System: Android 11 or 12 (before and after the update I've been facing this issue)
    Game Version Installed: 33.1.1
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: Game stuck, the game freezes by 1 second and it is making the game very unplayable. Locked at 30FPS, I've hardware and software to run it at least at 60FPS
    My old device (S9+ with SD 845) was delivering a better gaming experience with a less powerful hardware.
  • Sunnyz_786Sunnyz_786 Posts: 260
    WhoDaPoo said:

In-Game Name: who da poo
    Device and Model: Pixel 3
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Mode: Story - Act 7.1.2 Destructive Feedback Path
    Description of the Issue: Half way through fight one there seems to be lag around the input speeds (Parry gets slower, etc.). By fight number 2 (Invisible Woman) I'm getting wrong inputs. Several times I went from a dex to intercept and it was slow to respond. Then while I was holding block (left thumb), I swiped back (right thumb) to back off (not even tight timing like to dex) and my character (5* r4 Wolverine) through a delayed medium forward.

I've also noticed some timing when there are more than 3 nodes but this was the most noticeable and seems to happen every time I run the path. An aside, but since the update for December I've also gotten far more lag and 1second screen freezes during specials and even a few full game freezes when in arena for more than 20-30 minutes.

Same but my champs keep running sometimes in a wall after match is over so I have to close app
  • In game name : saishh
    Model : vivo y11
    Device operating system : 11.0
    Cellular or wi-fi : both
    Game version installed : 33.2.0
    Game mode : All modes
    Description of issue : after starting game it starts to lag and gets hang which affects my phone and game both , this occurs constantly after 5 min
  • RyoDanXRyoDanX Posts: 2
    edited January 2022
    IGN : RyoDanX
    Model : Xiaomi Redmi S2
    Device Operating system : 9 PKQ 1.181203.001
    Cellular or wi-fi : both
    Game Version Installed : 33.2.0
    Game Mode : All Modes
    Description of issue : after being playing for few mins (maybe 20min) ... battles become very laggy (only while fighting it become unbearable) ... but it doesnt crash here !!
    crash occur when im moving between menus in main Interface... it start to trimble or shake then crashs @ and this occur alot (btw the phone not hot and cpu,gpu usage is normal ) (problem was same to last month update)
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    There are a lot more freezes since the update especially when you throw specials which has the effect that during this freezes the opponent has enough time to block the specials and after that you get punshed...
    Galaxy S9+ - newest update.
  • Dnasty75Dnasty75 Posts: 10

Name in-game: dnasty75
    Device: samsung galaxy tab S5e
    Operating system: android 11
    Cellular or wi-fi: wi-fi
    Game version: latest
    Game mode: AQ and endgame

Game is freezing on load in screens. Therefore causing me to restart and lose health on the fight in AQ upon restart. No error messages given just stuck in a loop.

• In-Game Name: CONTEST CHAMP~21
    Device and Model: Google Pixel 3 XL
    Device Operating System: 12
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Verizon
    Game Version Installed: 33.2.0
    Game Mode: Champions tab
    Description of the Issue: Yesterday I took my 6* Doctor Doom to r3. After putting 13 levels into him, his rating, health, and attack went up by zero. I have tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing has worked. This is the biggest rank up I have ever done, and it has lost me gold, catalysts, iso, and hope of having a r3 Doom. Please help me.
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    In game name
    1. SPIDER.M.A.N
    2. HELLBOY.
    3. SPIDER.HAM
    Device iPhone X, IOS 15.1
    Cellular & wifi both
    Game version 33.2.2
    Freezing, lagging, parry and block fails,
    Freezes during fight, when it unfreezes your being smashed by a five hit combo

• Fred1Fred1 Posts: 36
    Hello,

In-Game Name: Fred1
    Device and Model: XIAOMI Redmi note 10S
    Game Version Installed: 33.2.2 (latest version)
    Game Mode: all but mainly lagging noticeable during a battle
    Description of the Issue: There are 2 types of lagging. The first one is a lag/freeze of 0,5s during battle : if it appears during an animation, the video is frozen but the sound continue during the freeze. the second ones are command which does not respond "well"... a bit subjective sorry.
    Also I move from smartphone Redmi 9S to Redmi 10S (30% faster)... but the performance are worse. Is there any problem with XIAOMI phones ?. Other "big" games run without any problem !
  • LazySealLazySeal Posts: 1
    Hi Kabam!

I´m experiencing crashing problems in the Android version of The Contest.

In-Game Name: LazySeal
    Device and Model: Motorola g(6)
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi, I don´t use data
    Game Version Installed: 33.2.2
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest, at least
    Description of the Issue: Sometimes, but not always, when I'm playing Alliance Quests, the entire screen goes black and the fight continues with sound and movement. At other times, the game is directly turned off and the app exits. The latter is done in any instance of the game (starting, browsing, fighting, etc.).
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Com errors constantly since hotfix.
    Samsung g21+ wifi mostly, everything is updated.
    Not my device, not my connection.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Not even going to say parry/dex/dropped input, since that is a non-issue on Android per kabamn
    Please fix the game, or please, at the very least send out a game wide mail with an update. Hiding your heads in the sand just pisses everyone off.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    In Game Name: MostlyInsane
    Device: OnePlus 9 & Samsung S21
    Cellular or Wifi: WiFi
    Game Version installed: 33.2.2 installed from the Playstore
    Game Mode: Side Quest, Monthly EQ

Description 1: Fights against champs that have a higher PI will intermittently freeze the screen for less then a second, dropping all the players input resulting in dropped blocks, missed parries, and missed Dex.

Description 2: Recovery Timing is still off. AI is getting back up and firing specials, Dash Attacks, and Heavies before they are visually standing and before your champ has completed their action where they can then block or dex.
  • In-Game Name: charlesd226
    Device and Model: Motorola Moto E
    Game Version Installed: 33.2.3
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Event Quests and Arena.
    Description of the Issue: game will start glitching every 10 mins. I can get 10-15 minutes of gametime before this happens.
    Happens when in fighting and when browsing champions list