**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What’s Happening with the Last Day of AQ?

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
The AQ timer makes it look like there will only be 17-18 hours for Day 5.

Comments

• Options
    Seems like it would be easy enough to add extra hours to the last day.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

With 30 minute timers that should not be a problem

Depending on time zones and work schedules I disagree completely. I'll be in bed before AQ starts, 3 other members will too. We won't clear the first section until after 7 or 8 am. Then everyone will be at work and hope to find time to check back. Not everyone is always available during work.
    it does not depend on time zones. If you are in bed when it starts you will have atleaat 10 hours to finish it, that is a total of 25 energy, more than enough to clear it, shoot it is only 2 less than you get in a normal 24 hour period at 1 per hour, and atleast 3 of those are waste if you sleep for 8 hours . Even with this we are finishing by 1-2 est because of the 30 minute timers.

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

With 30 minute timers that should not be a problem

Depending on time zones and work schedules I disagree completely. I'll be in bed before AQ starts, 3 other members will too. We won't clear the first section until after 7 or 8 am. Then everyone will be at work and hope to find time to check back. Not everyone is always available during work.
    There's more than enough time with 30 min timers. Some people may have to adjust slightly but not by that much really. You always have the option of running a lower map as well if people aren't willing to do that
  • Options
    -sixate- said:

I guess you guys work in cell phone friendly environments. Some people can lose their jobs just for having a phone on them at work. Only at breaks. So some people can't just burn energy as it becomes available. So losing all those hours while I'm at home hurts me and many others. Just because it doesnt matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't screw others.

people cannot take a 5 minute restroom break once every 2.5 hours? again it is no more than if you had 24 hours at 1 hour a peice you would still be in the same situation.
  • Options
    -sixate- said:

Lormif said:

-sixate- said:

I guess you guys work in cell phone friendly environments. Some people can lose their jobs just for having a phone on them at work. Only at breaks. So some people can't just burn energy as it becomes available. So losing all those hours while I'm at home hurts me and many others. Just because it doesnt matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't screw others.

people cannot take a 5 minute restroom break once every 2.5 hours? again it is no more than if you had 24 hours at 1 hour a peice you would still be in the same situation.
    So you go to the restroom more than an infant... lol I can wait until my breaks. Some guys get stuck in meetings for 5 or 6 hours at a time. They're supposed to leave to go play a game? It's not an option for some people and you're ignorant for not understanding that
    Then how do you do it with 1 hour timers, you are not going to be done with it before your work shift, and you still lose your sleep time, meaning you are still going to need 5 plus hours to finish it. It seems like you are just complaining to complain. you lose 1/4 the time, but you gain double the energy, mathmatically you should have no issues.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

Lormif said:

-sixate- said:

So you go to the restroom more than an infant... lol I can wait until my breaks. Some guys get stuck in meetings for 5 or 6 hours at a time. They're supposed to leave to go play a game? It's not an option for some people and you're ignorant for not understanding that
    Stuck in a meeting? So someone can’t go to the bathroom in that 5-6 hr meeting?
    On average a person will urinate 6-7 times a day. Cut 8 hrs off for sleeping that’s a pee break every 2 hours.
    Someone can’t get out of a meeting to urinate because...?
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    The 30 minute timers help obviously, but really does help for people who can access the game more often.

There are days I get to work at 9 and can't get on till 1. And I'm too busy to just go to the can to play a mobile video game. So on days like that, I'm actually wasting more energy since I'm sitting a 5/5 for longer and not able to make due with the shortened timers.

The other thing the late start time has hurt with is freeing up AQ people to take to War. We'll run Map 6 in our off days but when it starting later but War starting at the same time, sometimes the champs we want for war are locked up for hours.
  • Options
    I am confused why some people are so adamant about this issue. Would it really ruin you if Kabam offered a few more hours at the end?
  • Options

I am confused why some people are so adamant about this issue. Would it really ruin you if Kabam offered a few more hours at the end?

they already stated they cannot at more time, or they would have.
  • Options
    kfd2010 said:

The 30 minute timers help obviously, but really does help for people who can access the game more often.

There are days I get to work at 9 and can't get on till 1. And I'm too busy to just go to the can to play a mobile video game. So on days like that, I'm actually wasting more energy since I'm sitting a 5/5 for longer and not able to make due with the shortened timers.

The other thing the late start time has hurt with is freeing up AQ people to take to War. We'll run Map 6 in our off days but when it starting later but War starting at the same time, sometimes the champs we want for war are locked up for hours.

ask to be placed as the backup for phase 1 and 2, then you only need to help with the last section if you are unable to help with the rest.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    My bg is finishing later with 30 minute timers starting 6 hours later than if we started on time with 1 hour timers. Guys jump on after work with full energy, make more moves before bed. Now no moves before bed and conflicting work schedules. And yes many guys can go through meetings and work for more than 5 or 6 hours at a time without a potty break. Please grow up, I'm 42 nor 4.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

My bg is finishing later with 30 minute timers starting 6 hours later than if we started on time with 1 hour timers. Guys jump on after work with full energy, make more moves before bed. Now no moves before bed and conflicting work schedules. And yes many guys can go through meetings and work for more than 5 or 6 hours at a time without a potty break. Please grow up, I'm 42 nor 4.

Not going to the bathroom doesn’t make you an adult.
  • Options
    They've already said they cant just add more time on the backend. So if your guys aren't willing to adjust their schedule and stay up later than usual tonight, just run a lower map
  • Options
    -sixate- said:

and I am 43, and calling you out. As more of an adult than you I go to the restroom all the time in meetings, they dont want you to piss or shiat yourself right there, and are legally required to allow you to in that period of time. Part of being an adult is learning to adapt to hardships, so adapt.
  • Options
    Adapt and expect everyone to put a game in front of work.... no thanks.
  • Options
    -sixate- said:

Then run a lower map. It's not that complicated. It's either important enough to adjust to or it's not. I'd be very surprised if there aren't AQ rewards added to wherever people end up finishing in whatever compensation package they end up deciding on. I fully get that it's harder for some people to adjust than others but they've already said they can't just add time on to the back side so you either have to adjust to the shorter day 5 time or run a lower map and hope whatever they decide on makes up for the lower points total and possible lower ranking
  • Options
    If you run a lower day 5 map and rank lower than where you normally would, send in a ticket so they at least have your specific situation logged. Information like that can help them decide how impactful the downtime was
  • Options
    If they could not add more time to the end they should have adjusted the end times of the last three days so that they were not 24-24-16 and instead 20-20-20 hour days.
  • Options

If you run a lower day 5 map and rank lower than where you normally would, send in a ticket so they at least have your specific situation logged. Information like that can help them decide how impactful the downtime was

Good point, hopefully tickets will be sent if people eead this
  • Options
    -sixate- said:

Who said put it in front of work, you are bad at adulting, lol.
  • Options

If they could not add more time to the end they should have adjusted the end times of the last three days so that they were not 24-24-16 and instead 20-20-20 hour days.

They dont set the end times of each day. It gets based on when you start the quest. You get 24hrs from when you start each day that's why day 5 is always slightly shorter as the gap between each day ending and the following starting winds up coming out of the last day. Only difference is the gap in on of those days was hours long at no fault of the players this time. I dont think those are values they can adjust on the fly once the quest series starts
  • Options

That would require the ability to adjust the times, which they cannot do... even sitll you think 2 hours is going to make a big differnce?
  • Options
    -sixate- said:

Good point, hopefully tickets will be sent if people eead this
    I totally get the frustration with this but you have to accept that they also have to operate within the limits of the game mode design as it is currently. If it's not designed with those values to be able to be edited after the series starts, then there isn't anything they can do at that point. All we can do is adjust whichever way we can (change our playing schedules to make it work, run a lower map, or accept a lower point total from not finishing day 5 exploration) and hope that if we provide them with enough information, they make it right in the end.

You just have to decide which option works best for your alliance. Would you get more points by still running your max level map but not finishing exploration or by running a lower tier map and actually finishing it?
  • Options
    Lormif said:

That would require the ability to adjust the times, which they cannot do... even sitll you think 2 hours is going to make a big differnce?
    They can adjust the timers but not the length of the quest? Not sure I believe that. Why would you code something that way? I can think of many reasons why you would specifically not code it that way.

Of course two hours can make a difference. No question about it. Obviously it does not impact you, so in many respects the content of this thread should be of no interest to you.
  • Options

Lormif said:

They can adjust the timers but not the length of the quest? Not sure I believe that. Why would you code something that way? I can think of many reasons why you would specifically not code it that way.

Of course two hours can make a difference. No question about it. Obviously it does not impact you, so in many respects the content of this thread should be of no interest to you.
    They probably can't adjust the length once it's already been started without resetting the whole series. It starts on a 5 day timer. I can only assume once the series is started and that timer starts, to change it would require restarting the entire week. I don't know this for a fact but from what they've said so far, that makes the most sense to me. I'm not saying it's good design but that's what seems to be the case
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Not to take sides, but I’ve had a meeting that lasted “till we fixed this issue” 12 guys and about 6 female. We had a huge issue that demanded our immediate attention. We were in a conference room for almost 10 hours. We had delivery for lunch and dinner.

But you know what, we all were able to go to the bathroom. So your imaginary theory of being in meetings = no “potty break” is asinine. There is a liability issue there. Try telling a pregnant woman she can’t go to the bathroom, or a man with IBS, sorry you’re an adult you can hold it.