**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Good job with the Global Milestones Kabam

Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
Kabam... Well done on guessing the date the community would reach the milestone of 250m successful fights..

Or is it simply that you already determined the dates for all milestones achieved.. and that's why there is no way for the community to actually track the progress of this event?

Nah.. kabam wouldn't lie to their customers.... oh wait..
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/116451/fantastic-four-where-does-kabam-post-accurate-information#latest

Comments

• Options
    JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Lol. I was thinking the same thing. Why cant we have a tracker that updates hourly or every 4 hours or something.

Plus the potion trade up reward sucks. We should be able to trade level 3s for 4s and 4s for 5s for a milestone like this. It doesnt feel special because we have seen this in the past.
  • Options
    There's no tracker cause there is no actual event.. they already determined when these "features" would be available.. hence my comment about them lying..
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★

Kabam... Well done on guessing the date the community would reach the milestone of 250m successful fights..

Or is it simply that you already determined the dates for all milestones achieved.. and that's why there is no way for the community to actually track the progress of this event?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/116451/fantastic-four-where-does-kabam-post-accurate-information#latest

Where does it say they guessed the date of the first milestone?
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

he is going by it saying November 11 in the event details page, but that dose not mean they lied, it could be that they have the data to know about when we would reach that threshold, as they already told us they have that data.
  • Options

Read my post..
    In the announcement about the global milestones they state that once 250m has been reached we unlock the exchange event.. yet they say that the exchange event will be running from the 11th to 27th.. so either they made a real good guess.. or pre determined when the exchange event was going to start..

I'm guessing there is no actual tracking of any milestones but for some reason they figured it would make people play more or something if we thought there was.. that's why there is no way for the community to actually see the progress..
  • Options
    Lormif said:

he is going by it saying November 11 in the event details page, but that dose not mean they lied, it could be that they have the data to know about when we would reach that threshold, as they already told us they have that data.
    I was kind of thinking that as well.. however.. we had most of Friday where we were locked out of the game.. so that would change the speed of projected progress.. yet here we are.. right on time for the first milestone being unlocked..
  • Options
    Something else to watch out for.. in that gold offer.. you pay the same.. but get different items depending on your progress in the game..
  • Options

Lormif said:

I was kind of thinking that as well.. however.. we had most of Friday where we were locked out of the game.. so that would change the speed of projected progress.. yet here we are.. right on time for the first milestone being unlocked..
    if we were locked out for an entire day, sure, but we were not. it is possible that projection would have been 11pm. that also assumes that the 11th day in the main page did not speak of the minimum date that it would have been open no matter what date it was unlocked on.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

Thanks kabam.
  • Options
    Seems kind of silly to host an event that depends on the battle realm winning a certain amount of fights but then not have a global tracker for how many fights theyve won so far.

It wasnt my idea to tie rewards to fights won, it was theirs. Should have just released a new part of the even every so many days and been done with it.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I was thinking that, how did they guess when we hit the milestone? Seems kinda set up, but if it means we get every reward I’m not complaining
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

if we were locked out for an entire day, sure, but we were not. it is possible that projection would have been 11pm. that also assumes that the 11th day in the main page did not speak of the minimum date that it would have been open no matter what date it was unlocked on.
    Look, I know where you're coming from. Benefit of the doubt and stuff - there are reasonable explanations for this.

But why in the world, if that was simply an estimate based on previous data, why in the world even include that estimate date? Why not make it am obvious estimate?

Considering how we didn't gat any insight on the actual state of the event it's not far fetched to assume that this whole thing is essentially made up.

I can remember miike saying that he'll keep us updated on our progress as often as possible a few days ago. Does someone have a link to any of his updates? Granted I didn't look for them yet, because I wasn't that interested in the clear numbers up to this post right here, but I'd be curious to know whether he even shared anything.
    A few days ago a massive blow up to the game happened and they have been, in my opinion, too busy to worry about this.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    So.. it seems we are clearing 50m fights per day.. so we should be seeing the boost calendar (for reaching 400m) on or before Thursday.. the next milestone would be the dungeon days.. which would line up with when we normally have them..
  • Options

Read my post..
    In the announcement about the global milestones they state that once 250m has been reached we unlock the exchange event.. yet they say that the exchange event will be running from the 11th to 27th.. so either they made a real good guess.. or pre determined when the exchange event was going to start..

I'm guessing there is no actual tracking of any milestones but for some reason they figured it would make people play more or something if we thought there was.. that's why there is no way for the community to actually see the progress..
    I read your pointless post. It sounds more you just need something to be mad about with them. Even if there was a fight tracker, would you really believe it was accurate or would you still be here spewing more conspiracy that it just shows us what they want us to see? No matter what they do, it seems you'd find a way to be pissed off at them.

They have data to go off of. They didn't pull 250mil from nowhere and of course they included the milestone events in the update. They just fix the time frame from when the milestone is hit.

I work in retail. We do this type of guesstimating all the time. We take last year numbers and build a goal based on those numbers. Miike has already confirmed that the 250mil milestone was a low one and would easily be hit. Still not sure how you come to the conclusion they're lying.
  • Options
    They said we would get in game updates in our mail as to how many fights have been won. I guess they meant we would get updates when we hit the milestone.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Thanks kabam.

This happened to me too .. it seems to be that it's listing the limit of 3/2 ... and when you try to convert 3 of them .. it fails.

If you convert 1 at a time .. it goes:

3/2
    1/2
    0/2

Kabam: "Working as intended"
    LOL

• Options

Lormif said:

8 hrs is how long the game was down. That's 1/3 of a day being that there is 24 hours in a day. This game is played by people across the world which means the other 16 hrs were viable for other players. The event is programmed into this update and could have happened anytime. All they have to do is change the start date of the event. You dont know if it's " right on time" because a date wasn't ever given. Just making stuff up to fit an argument.
  • Options

Lormif said:

We have data that suggests we average about 54 million fights per day. That means it would take, on average, about four days fifteen hours to reach the milestone. If we assume that the outage increased this time by about eight hours, that would increase that time to four days twenty three hours, or just about five days. That's basically right where we are.

The outage was only about 7% of a five day stretch, so it wasn't as impactful as some people might believe. It looks like Kabam picked a milestone we could reasonably reach with some margin to spare, and the outage was shorter than the margin.
  • Options

Read my post..

I read your pointless post. It sounds more you just need something to be mad about with them. Even if there was a fight tracker, would you really believe it was accurate or would you still be here spewing more conspiracy that it just shows us what they want us to see? No matter what they do, it seems you'd find a way to be pissed off at them.

They have data to go off of. They didn't pull 250mil from nowhere and of course they included the milestone events in the update. They just fix the time frame from when the milestone is hit.

I work in retail. We do this type of guesstimating all the time. We take last year numbers and build a goal based on those numbers. Miike has already confirmed that the 250mil milestone was a low one and would easily be hit. Still not sure how you come to the conclusion they're lying.
    I mean... I wouldn't have questioned a tracker, be it ingame or in the forum. Heck, I wouldn't even have questioned miike throwing some numbers around to be honest.

People were asking how we will be updated from the day this was announced and I can't remember any comment basing that off of the possibility of them making the whole thing up.

Look, we can assume they planned this event. I find it reasonable, even just out of pure curiosity, for the community to want to know our progress.

So why did they not bother with a tracker or even a dedicated closed thread with daily progression updates? And don't get me wrong, them not doing that does in no way proof anything in regards to this event being bs. That's pure speculation and should be treated as such. But outside of any conspiracies that is at the very least an extremely poor execution of a planned and hyped up community event.

And it's pretty damn understandable that people het suspicious. This isn't nearly as baseless as your typical rigged rng thread lol.
    You are more level headed than most on here. I'd believe a tracker as well but no way OP would.
  • Options

So why did they not bother with a tracker or even a dedicated closed thread with daily progression updates? And don't get me wrong, them not doing that does in no way proof anything in regards to this event being bs. That's pure speculation and should be treated as such. But outside of any conspiracies that is at the very least an extremely poor execution of a planned and hyped up community event.

Maybe because no one thought it was important until it was too late to implement it, and other problems side tracked the devs from being able to dedicate special dev time to do it. Like, say, having to completely restructure internal champion balancing processes.

The developers sometimes do things that seem nonsensical, until you realize another person's point of view that is completely incongruent to yours can reach wildly different conclusions. For example, when the devs were making alliance war changes two iterations ago they stated during the early access "beta" that one of their cornerstone goals was to encourage counter-play - for example by encouraging players to bring different attackers in response to different defense layouts. So I asked the obvious question: why hide the nodes? If the defenders are hidden, you can't react to them in any way. And the response was: to allow for the element of surprise. Clearly, this was a weird compromise between two different incompatible priorities. (I should point out that most nodes aren't hidden any more, so the devs did eventually realize this glitch was nonsensical).

Maybe someone thought that showing a progress bar would make it seem like more of a grind, and only having occasional status reports would make everything seem like more of a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't think that, but maybe someone did. And by the time the notion that maybe this wasn't a great idea caught up with development, it was too late to change it.