**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Spiderman Classics evade is too OP

Time and time again I lose my entire war team to a Spiderman or an in game quest. You have to tone down his evade. Only a handful of champions get negate the evade and some of them can't do it consistently. Please dial back the evade for Spiderman

Comments

• Options
    MrWigglesMrWiggles Posts: 54
    You just gotta practice, try using someone like captain America so you don't take as much block damage and pull heavies/ specials and use parry if available. Hope that helped
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    While I agree that spiderman's evade is very annoying, I can't agree with nerfing his evade.
    Spidey has low health, high attack. Typical glass cannon. His survival depeds on evade. No armor, no regen.
    Fighting spidey takes lots of practice and good reflex, but it can be done.
  • Options
    MrWigglesMrWiggles Posts: 54
    Just remove the bug where spiderman can evade + attack in a single animation.

The fact this hasn't been fixed in 9 months is quite intriguing.

That has been fixed you just need to be quicker lol
  • Options
    Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    Nerf may have been too strong but No do think it needs to be dialed back. Even following a parry it is questionable on how many hits you will get in.
  • Options
    MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    A nerf isn't necessary, it'll completely kill Spidey's useability, Patch 12.0 taught us that. Even if everyone was on board for the nerf, you think Kabam would nerf one of their biggest cash cow champs? Not gonna happen. Just learn to play around his evade, not hard since he has low health and there are many champs that reduce his ability
  • Options
    Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    There is not a ton of champs that reduce and some of those that do only do it occasionally. Not everyone has Black Widow or Crossbones or Gwenpool etc..

As I said though, nerf was the wrong term. Maybe just adjust the percentage of evades a little. That may constitute a 'nerf' but....

I've been playing for a long time, dont post in here much though, and can honestly say that I think I'm pretty good. Not great but pretty good. Fighting Spiderman in a war without the proper champ is a death sentence a lot of time. I tried to drop 8 different VooDoo poisons on a stun immune Spiderman and He evaded every one but one. He didn't hit me except with a single light and a single medium and he beat me in the end as the clock was running out just from blocking and trust me when I say I was baiting and evading. ...Its just the same song and dance when you go to fight him.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Time and time again I lose my entire war team to a Spiderman or an in game quest. You have to tone down his evade. Only a handful of champions get negate the evade and some of them can't do it consistently. Please dial back the evade for Spiderman

Every champ can take him fairly easily, but it relies on good Parry timing.
    Note that he can't evade when stunned ..

Parry/Stun: MLM or MM .. or MH or just H depending on your mastery setup and opponents and how much time you have while stunned.

Takes a while, just like others stated, it takes patience ..

He's 1 of the more annoying fights, but I'll take him over Hyperion, Mordo or Emma Frost ... any day.

(oh, and you must REALLY hate Nightcrawler? I swear that boi makes Spiderman look like a stone statue .. *sigh* )