**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is thing eligible for LoL?

Is 5 star thing a viable champ for LoL? Presumably with the champion synergy? Has anybody tried him out there? Also what team synergy did you use to ramp base attack?

Comments

• raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I apologize if my answer will not satisfy your question but let me give it a shot. I have a 5* unduped Thing currently at R3 and an R5 4* maxed sig Thing. I have tried the 5* R3 Thing in Variant 2, and even at R3 he packs a lot of damage. I was able to take down the first three opponents in less than 100 combo each. An R5 5* Thing will hit like a truck for sure.

I honestly believe he could be a suitable champ for LOL given his potential damage output when you can build enough furies from his rock stacks. If you're the type of player that can hold long combos, Thing might be okay to use in LOL. Unfortunately I just don't have enough experience with him in ultra long fights. The drawback is that you'd have to keep rebuilding this fury every fight and that's kind of a drag compared to Aegon where his combo and increased in each and every fight. I am tempted to think using Thing in LOL or ROL would be similar to using let's say, Hyperion, where you can build his damage by increasing fury stacks.

I would recommend you try him out against Winter Soldier in ROL and see how long it takes for you to finish that battle. The fights in LOL are about 2-3 x longer than ROL depending on the main champ that you use.

Would I R5 5* Thing for LOL? That would be a difficult question to answer. I am a big fan of Thing for defense and not too crazy about him on offense. But he's a great and R5 worthy champ if you need to build your defense team and also need a bullet proof bleed immune XL champ for Variant 2.

To recap this long winded response: If you're not willing to wait on Aegon (dupe and high sig) or Starlord (dupe), Thing's gonna get you through LOL but will take much longer than those two other more ideal for LOL champs. Hyperion, Domino, Stark Spidey, Blade, Omega Red aren't too shabby options either.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★

• King_GarfKing_Garf Posts: 48
    raffster said:

I apologize if my answer will not satisfy your question but let me give it a shot. I have a 5* unduped Thing currently at R3 and an R5 4* maxed sig Thing. I have tried the 5* R3 Thing in Variant 2, and even at R3 he packs a lot of damage. I was able to take down the first three opponents in less than 100 combo each. An R5 5* Thing will hit like a truck for sure.

I honestly believe he could be a suitable champ for LOL given his potential damage output when you can build enough furies from his rock stacks. If you're the type of player that can hold long combos, Thing might be okay to use in LOL. Unfortunately I just don't have enough experience with him in ultra long fights. The drawback is that you'd have to keep rebuilding this fury every fight and that's kind of a drag compared to Aegon where his combo and increased in each and every fight. I am tempted to think using Thing in LOL or ROL would be similar to using let's say, Hyperion, where you can build his damage by increasing fury stacks.

I would recommend you try him out against Winter Soldier in ROL and see how long it takes for you to finish that battle. The fights in LOL are about 2-3 x longer than ROL depending on the main champ that you use.

Would I R5 5* Thing for LOL? That would be a difficult question to answer. I am a big fan of Thing for defense and not too crazy about him on offense. But he's a great and R5 worthy champ if you need to build your defense team and also need a bullet proof bleed immune XL champ for Variant 2.

To recap this long winded response: If you're not willing to wait on Aegon (dupe and high sig) or Starlord (dupe), Thing's gonna get you through LOL but will take much longer than those two other more ideal for LOL champs. Hyperion, Domino, Stark Spidey, Blade, Omega Red aren't too shabby options either.

Don’t forget about the champion synergy team that lets him get those insane furies and do a **** load of damage. If you guys don’t know what I’m alluding to just look up on YouTube “mcoc thing champion synergy team” and you’ll see the results I’m talking about. Without the team his damage isn’t bad when played correctly but with this team he can very well be doing 12k mediums or more if played right. I don’t think he would be a top option for LoL but he wouldn’t be a bad option by any means. If you want to use him you can but only if you cannot get aegon or ghost. Plus the damage cap limits his sp2 a bit considering it can go over 50k damage on the last hit.