**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

is it fair to punish players?

2»

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If you read the TOS it says not to exploit game glitches like this one. Kabam has the right to ban players that break the TOS
  • SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
    danielmath wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

I agree with that, only in this case the constant server up and down cost other players AQ revives and potions. So in your analogy the bank accidentally gave away 10k yes, but when they fixed it, it cost the rest of the patrons money which they are doing nothing to refund. Or at least they haven't said anything yet.
  • fabi0200fabi0200 Posts: 32
    no you not wrong.... i agree on taking back what they earned but need to give them back the resources they used. Take back the heroes they opened or upgrade i ok too. But banned them for Kabam incompetence i disagree......
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    SHIELD wrote: »
    Ya it's totally fair. It's just like my bank analogy....if you have an extra 10k in your account that was a "bank mistake", it's not yours and you can't use it. No difference here

I agree with that, only in this case the constant server up and down cost other players AQ revives and potions. So in your analogy the bank accidentally gave away 10k yes, but when they fixed it, it cost the rest of the patrons money which they are doing nothing to refund. Or at least they haven't said anything yet.

Those are totally separate issues. I think they should give everyone who was in AQ some revives/potions for the multiple outages. That has nothing to do with the issue this thread is about though.
  • SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
    edited August 2017

Those are totally separate issues. I think they should give everyone who was in AQ some revives/potions for the multiple outages. That has nothing to do with the issue this thread is about though.

Do you know for certain that the down time wasn't to try to fix this issue?

So many times in the past this exact chain of events has occurred.
    1) unexplained server crash
    2) server back up
    3) everyone finds out there was an exploit to a glitch
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★

You know for certain that the server crashes weren't to try to fix this issue?

Mike said so
  • Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    Guys these are new players that will be punished and baned. They were the ones playing normal and are the ones that "exploited" kabams royal screw up. They can't afford to lose resources at that level. Fix it and move on!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

You know for certain that the server crashes weren't to try to fix this issue?

I have no idea, I don't see the connection though to people exploiting the bug to gain an advantage over other players
  • The funny thing to me about this is all of you don't even know this was caused by a code change they made. For all we know someone was able to modify the reward system externally, and it took kabam all day to find out how they did it. Saying "we fixed bug" is so much easier then admitting that is possible. All speculation of course.

As for taking back the rewards, it's obvious this was going to happen. Some people abused this badly enough that they sold t1 alphas to an extent where they built full t2 alphas that went into their overflow. Guess they got a break from the arena grind lol. Anyone who seriously thinks that level of abuse isn't open to some kind of repercussion isn't being the most logical.
  • Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    Make it like it never happened and is money playing players will be happy. No need to pick on the little guys.
  • Hey everyone, this thread is going way off topic and is becoming less and less constructive as it goes on. For this reason, I'll be closing it.
This discussion has been closed.