**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost!? - What does kabam do? (Unpopular opinion)

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
I’ll start this off by saying I have been playing this game since the beginning. I know everyone doesn’t enjoy this, but I myself enjoy some
Of the competitive aspects of the game. Pre Blade.

After Watching act 6.3 gameplay and getting tips and tricks , there seems to be a common theme.

Ghost , Ghost , Ghost , Ghost

Granted you do have to be skilled. But most of these fights are not very skill intense when you only have to use 200% power boost and full suicides .

My question is? What will Kabam do to stop ghost from becoming SW pre 12.0? Seems like they cannot push out content that would discourage the use of her without punishing the entire player base.

I also have a ghost 4/55 , that I use to get through content. But lately she hasn’t even made my team, as I realized I was getting bored with the game just using her.

In addition; she actually unbalances the contest between players. Legend runs should not be between two champions in the game.

I’m fine with the hate coming in, but the act 6.3 is suppose to be a challenge and doesn’t feel good when someone says “just ghost it” where is the fun in that?

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

So, ill give kabam this credit. You can do most of 6.3 with just about any champ. But people recommend ghost to do it cheaply and quickly.

That, and good luck with ghost or corvus against that first Medusa boss. Very different from SW that could crush ALL content at the time.

You actually can. I understand the cheap and quick part . But that’s because she is so Powerful, it’s actually limited skill involved when you literally can dominate every node.

Yeah, she is not good for that Medusa ? But after that , her act 6:3 fights feel about the same as her act 6.1 fights , just a tad bit longer .
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    As a player currently exploring 6.3, you can’t ‘just ghost it’ in fact I’m using my caiw Hyperion and even sentinel more, 6.3 is a price of content requiring variety, the paths designed to use boosts for especially, she’s a solid option for a lot of the bosses and easy paths, but when it comes to the harder stuff there’s a fair bit to stop her, she’s fine as she is imo, because of her reliance on crits and miss you can create content nodes and defenders around it quite easily
    -sixate- said:

I have 200 R5 Ghost and can't get past Medusa because I have no counter. Seems pretty balanced to me from where I'm sitting.

You can’t get past Medusa ? That is my main point lol.
    Lvernon15 said:

As a player currently exploring 6.3, you can’t ‘just ghost it’ in fact I’m using my caiw Hyperion and even sentinel more, 6.3 is a price of content requiring variety, the paths designed to use boosts for especially, she’s a solid option for a lot of the bosses and easy paths, but when it comes to the harder stuff there’s a fair bit to stop her, she’s fine as she is imo, because of her reliance on crits and miss you can create content nodes and defenders around it quite easily

That’s a good take. I was planning on ranking up my invisible woman , but capiw has to go up now
    Texas_11 said:

-sixate- said:

I have 200 R5 Ghost and can't get past Medusa because I have no counter. Seems pretty balanced to me from where I'm sitting.

I’m 99% certain you have a bleed champ in your roster .
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    I’m use ghost the most with bots but I’m try without and witout I’m dead because can’t fouce more that 3 to 6 minutes in a figt it take me almost 9 minutes for 1 figth to go down but ghost isn’t the only one I’m use hype ect and sym now when I’m wil explode it 100 with I’m wil before champer 2 because ther not gates to told me with champions to use
    edited November 2019
    Agentk said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

-sixate- said:

And there’s a good chance it might not be a champ who can outdamage the buffet
    I used , ronin, old man Logan.

Just have to play around it is all. Not a brag post, but it’s not about out damaging the buffet.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Agentk said:

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

-sixate- said:

And there’s a good chance it might not be a champ who can outdamage the buffet
    If you can keep enough bleeds up and use the despair mastery, you dont have to worry about buffet
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    I know a lot of you don't agree but it's time Ghost got a nerf. She basically destroys 99% of the content in the game. And by nerf I don't mean change her abilities and stuff. I mean something like lowering attack or crit damage just to make her more reasonable. Hope that something like this will stop people from 'Ghosting' everything 'Ghostable'.

I know a lot of you don't agree but it's time Ghost got a nerf. She basically destroys 99% of the content in the game. And by nerf I don't mean change her abilities and stuff. I mean something like lowering attack or crit damage just to make her more reasonable. Hope that something like this will stop people from 'Ghosting' everything 'Ghostable'.

Lol ther many node wher ghost do’s do this count I’m pretty much dose use ghost all the time because node ect.

Without sucide she so bad.
    Hmmm good thoughts so far .
    Gamer said:

Lol ther many node wher ghost do’s do this count I’m pretty much dose use ghost all the time because node ect.
    There is maybe one or two fights ghost doesn’t counter.

Medusa 6.3.1 “ can’t do it with ghost so the game is balanced
    Is it a coincidence the most difficult content In the game is where you can’t bring a full ghost team?

6.2 and variant 1 .

I don’t think so.
    gp87 said:

Gamer said:

Without sucide she so bad.
    I have every player in the game as 5* minus ghost. But it is ridiculous to call for a nerf. No nerfs should be on the game, PERIOD. We spend a lot we dont want nerfs. If you dont like her , dont play her what do you care about the others?

I didn’t call for a nerf.
  • Davechou7Davechou7 Posts: 3
    It sounds like you really haven’t explored most of 6.3 yet. I have only 1 path left in each chapter.

As a high level Ghost player i can tell you that you definitely cant “just Ghost it” for 50% of 6.3.

Overall, 50% of 6.3 is average difficulty with many champ options. The remaining 50% is very hard and need specific champs and champ synergies to get past without spending a ton of units.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Hmmm good thoughts so far .

Gamer said:

There is maybe one or two fights ghost doesn’t counter.

Medusa 6.3.1 “ can’t do it with ghost so the game is balanced
    If I ent through 6.3 I could find at least 100 fights she doesn’t work for, way more probably, and if you include fights he’s not a top option for then that’s the majority
    Kalantak said:

oh yeh and how about champs that dont even need skill and still destroy lot of content like corvus, Domino ,hyperion,omega,namor ,

Hype isn’t that great if you can’t build furv so take him of the list and one more thing omega isn’t that esay to use if you not confident in heav counter ect.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I disagree with only one thing - ghost doesn't require that much skill. You only need to intercept opponents attack. It's more difficult with hood, who has only 45% chance of missing. Imo it's more difficult to learn how to heavy counter, especially considering different range of heavies for different champs and some sps and heavies being unpublishable. I only have 3* ghost, but after using hey in arenas just for first milestones I can play her now easily.
    And on top of her damage output she's basically immune to everything. Idk how can anybody say she's not op
    Aleor said:

I disagree with only one thing - ghost doesn't require that much skill. You only need to intercept opponents attack. It's more difficult with hood, who has only 45% chance of missing. Imo it's more difficult to learn how to heavy counter, especially considering different range of heavies for different champs and some sps and heavies being unpublishable. I only have 3* ghost, but after using hey in arenas just for first milestones I can play her now easily.
    And on top of her damage output she's basically immune to everything. Idk how can anybody say she's not op

One thing is to conisider the use in AW is not that big and she does take skil Not the skil quack dos But definitely isn’t esay to time the itersup try to phess 3 hit vs Rona and Thor and you get hit no matter what and some champions medium ack like domino u can’t itersup u hav to delay it