**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Data analysis [The Winter Soldier Test]

RazorDevilRazorDevil Posts: 956 ★★★
Do I usually doubt stuff, so I wanted to test the firepower of multiple champions considered mediocre, god or overrated damage dealers. I used 5* Rank 1 champions without suicide masteries and tested them against RoL Winter Soldier to see how many hits it took them to take down 25% of his health. I also used the best synergy teams for each of these champions. A dosclaimer though: this data is purely informative and doesn't mean a champion is bad or good, this is a hit count test. All of the champs are awakened. So here we go:

-Captain Marvel- 66 hits... Exceptional

-Ebony Maw- 337 hits... I hope that buff is good...

-Cap IW- 65 hits... I got 2 crits in a row on the sp2

-Ghost Rider- 231 hits... Lame... I don't know why people use him tbh

-Elsa Bloodstone- 130 hits... It's ok I guess, wish it was better

-Human Torch- 94 hits... Pre-fight on, class disadvantage. The buff should focus on non mystic matchups

-Invisible Woman- 93 hits... Pre-fight on, class disadvantage. Impressive, but hard to maintain

-Nightcrawler- 135 hits... Class advantage, eh, he's decent, nothing special

-Mysterio- 70 hits... Outstanding. The low hit count is mainly because of the DoT dependency

-Starky- 80 hits... Played perfectly no hits under 10 poise... Not as impressive as I'd like, but can't knock it, he's got utility

-Diablo- 90 hits to get to 90% and ran out of potions... Not the best Diablo user though

-Mephisto- 180 hits... This guy needed a full synergy team for this amazing performance

-Symb Supreme- 140 hits... Not bad for a no buff matchup

-Mordo- 62 hits... Yup, you read that one right. Heavy spam sp3 all the way

-Havok- 68 hits... Impressive, the second sp3 got him to 72% HP actually

-Warlock- 140 hits... His values lie elsewhere

-Star-Lord- 100 hits... Just to dust him off a lil

-Doctor Doom- 70 hits... Extremely practical and useful power control... Love it.

Let me know what you think and don't even think about quoting this entire thing in the chat.

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Well typically people use DPS not how many hits.

The best way to measure damage output is by setting a timer (3mins etc...) and see how much damage they do in that time period. Then compare that to others. Amount of hits to do something can be unreliable.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Hendross said:

Quake - 0 hits... test flawed. As others before me have highlighted, efficiency e.g potion farming, time in bathroom, or legend titles, is a function of time not hits.

Was just about to come back and mention Quake. But lol, bathroom time. Yup.
  • Options

Did I not state that this was a hit count test? Oh wait... I did. What's the matter with you guys? Hit count test. Not DPS test, not speed test... Jeez.

The heck? We're not saying it's not a hit count test. We're saying that it's unreliable. DPS test is reliable.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Did I not state that this was a hit count test? Oh wait... I did. What's the matter with you guys? Hit count test. Not DPS test, not speed test... Jeez.

That’s the point. Hit count test means nothing. So regardless of what you have mentioned it makes zero impact on how people should view your results other than you wasted your time doing a test that is meaningless.

Also why do you have all these god tier champs at r1 as 5*? That’s concerning as well 🤷‍♂️
    I have all the champs in the game and I don't have neither the iso, not the cats to rank them up. Right now I'm working on Dr Doom, just leveled up the 6* Aegon. Also, thanks for saying it's meaningless, I certainly appreciate it... I guess fun stuff ain't allowed here...
    It’s misinterpreting. The forums are for fun stuff but also helpful information. Your post is actually neither of those. Especially the obvious remarks you make after the champions references that you are giving advice based off their hit count test and nothing else. The post reads as “information” not as “fun”.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    You have Capiw at rank1 :/ kabaam I hope you are seeing this guy.
  • Options

You have Capiw at rank1 :/ kabaam I hope you are seeing this guy.

Aaaand Sparky, aaand Warlock, aaand Doctor Doom, aaand CMM, aaand Ghost Rider, aaand Symbiote Supreme.
  • Options

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

That’s the point. Hit count test means nothing. So regardless of what you have mentioned it makes zero impact on how people should view your results other than you wasted your time doing a test that is meaningless.

Also why do you have all these god tier champs at r1 as 5*? That’s concerning as well 🤷‍♂️
    I have all the champs in the game and I don't have neither the iso, not the cats to rank them up. Right now I'm working on Dr Doom, just leveled up the 6* Aegon. Also, thanks for saying it's meaningless, I certainly appreciate it... I guess fun stuff ain't allowed here...
    It’s misinterpreting. The forums are for fun stuff but also helpful information. Your post is actually neither of those. Especially the obvious remarks you make after the champions references that you are giving advice based off their hit count test and nothing else. The post reads as “information” not as “fun”.
    Read my post again. I'll quote: "this data is purely informative and doesn't mean a champion is bad or good, this is a hit count test." Guess y'all skipped that part.
    No we didn't, but while it is technically, by definition, informative, it's not helpful information. It means absolutely nothing. I was going easy here, all I said was that it's not reliable and a DPS test would be better. But then you got all defensive which is why everyone is burning you right now.
  • Options

Etjama said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Read my post again. I'll quote: "this data is purely informative and doesn't mean a champion is bad or good, this is a hit count test." Guess y'all skipped that part.
    No we didn't, but while it is technically, by definition, informative, it's not helpful information. It means absolutely nothing. I was going easy here, all I said was that it's not reliable and a DPS test would be better. But then you got all defensive which is why everyone is burning you right now.
    I'm sorry I wrote "y'all", was only refering to the guy I quoted
    Honestly man, no problem. I don't care and I don't hold grudges, I just give facts.
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★

Quake wins the hit count test no worries.

Not true. I can do 5 hit combos until they die instead of holding heavy.
  • Options
    MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    Shame you didn't use just the champ with no synergy,then it would be better to know.
    Anyway,awesome thing,how long did it take you?
    Also I think this is better than time,just because time is more dependent on RNG(AI behaviour)
  • Options

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I think they are trying to explain to you that the way you described this "test" is not that it was "just for fun" but that it was trying to convey useful information for comparing "mediocre or god" tier champs. It sounds like you believed you put a disclaimer in there, but most people wouldn't interpret that as a disclaimer in the way you're intending. For example, had I done an actual DPS test for a bunch of champions, I would feel compelled to add a "disclaimer" similar to yours: "this data only measures DPS, it doesn't mean a champion is necessarily good or bad."

That disclaimer only asks people not to overgeneralize the data, not to assume the data itself doesn't measure anything noteworthy. Hits to defeat doesn't measure anything noteworthy in most situations. DPS does. But neither is the final word on whether a champion is good or not.

In fact, the phrase "purely informative" doesn't imply any sort of disclaimer at all, it instead implies to most readers there's no subjectivity to the post.
  • Options
    Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    Captain Marvel - which one? Movie?

Thank you - actually find this valuable at least from a damage over time experiment. As others have mentioned, GR has utility and goes with Blade like peanut butter and jelly.

I'd be less worried about # of hits vs. "Time to Kill" (using a stopwatch or timer).

If you feel up to it, I would do:
    - Average Time to kill - rather than hits - ROL WS - at least 3 trials (sometimes hit count depends on lucky crits - especially Star Lord and CapIW)
    - No synergies (don't know what "best" synergy actually is)

Probably could crowd source this data across all champs. Don't know too many people leaving God tiers at 5r1 though.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Domino = 40 hits heavy spamming
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I think the problem is the little caption you added at the end of each one, you say it doesn't mean a champion is bad or good then (for example) say you don't see why people us Ghost Rider... Btw it's because he has Insane Utility and Survivability, with Good Damage... Damage/Hit Count isn't his main focus.