**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are you not doing Act 6 Content? Why?

Comments

• Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Because I didn’t finish act 5 yet lol
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I just about scraped through 6.1 and I still need to 100% act 5.
    I'm not that motivated to play atm, I'm enjoying being casual, almost 4 years of playing has left me feeling a bit fatigued with the game.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I like collecting and testing characters.

I don't enjoy content like Labyrinth or Act 6, with ridiculous health pools and nodes.

Others do, and I am glad there is content like that for them to explore and enjoy.

But my biggest thing in gaming is understanding that not every mode or aspect or piece of content is for you and that you have to understand how to define fun for yourself.

There's a lot of stuff to do in the game each month. I don't need to explore every single piece of content to have fun with it, and I am totally fine with just being an Act 5-completion level, Uncollected player
  • Options
    UraniumUranium Posts: 103
    Well compare act 6 with something like 5.4 it really wasn't fun you usually play a game for fun and not to get triggered . I honestly found 5,4 very fun since you could choose which nodes you'd fight i wish they continued with that formula. The level step up also seems super big.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

DNA3000 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

After a long, honest conversation with my actual skill set, I decided to wait a little while

Actually, this is my honest answer as well.

To elaborate, Act 6 isn't going anywhere. I did 6.1 right out of the gate because I was one of the beta testers and I knew it was within my roster and skill set to do it. Also, Cavalier status. When 6.2 came out I wasn't one of the beta testers and my initial toe-dips into it suggested it would be significantly harder for me to do. I could probably do it, but I would probably be spending way more resources on it than I wanted to. So instead I switched to working on the Variants. I've been picking on those path by path, while still being a completist on doing monthly content.

I will go back to Act 6 eventually, but as long as it isn't going anywhere and there's other things somewhat more in reach, it is just a question of choosing which content to do. It isn't that there's anything specifically wrong with Act 6 for me, it just isn't currently a priority.
    I just came back to the game in the last few weeks after taking six months off. So I haven’t even completed 6.1. I’m currently debating if I save all my units for the after Thanksgiving deals, or take a shot at becoming cavalier before the deals.
    If you haven't started 6.1 yet, do so. In my opinion, 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 are harder than 6.1.3 and 6.1.4, so you might as well see if you can complete the beginning. If you can, you might find it much easier to then push through the middle. If you're going to park and think about it, assuming you can do 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 without significant expense, the place to park is either before 6.1.5 and Crossbones, or before 6.1.6 so when you decide to shoot for Cavalier you only have one path to go.
    Follow up: Cavalier! Went well, no units, just horded items! Went on to clear Variant 2 just to celebrate, lol!
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    I am not yet UC soooo...
  • Options
    OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    I’d love to do it, but I can’t. I can’t because the genius Dev team made it to if you don’t have the certain few champs you can’t do it. act 6.2 Mr Sinister specifically.

Well I don’t have the champions so it’s a big FU. Yea I’m a bit bitter about it as well. I can’t get the rewards until I get the right champions.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Just defeated champion. FeelsGoodMan
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    weekly aq rewards and wars+AW season rewards Re better then 6.2 & 6.3 why would anyone bother to do it unless they want to go in top 100 & get that unique 6*,,,it feels a lot like game is revolving around those top few alliances and youtubers and their friends. hoping act 6 completion lets u able to do atleast 1 6* to R3 or awaken it or whats the point of an entire act if u still stay at the same place where you were 18 months ago
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Not that anyone but mods can read this since I was silently shadowbanned/moderated without warning for months now....

The rewards for Act 6 are random, and just not that great overall. The step up in difficulty from Ch 5 to Ch 6 is exponential in some cases, yet the rewards are just not enough. Random class rewards are pure garbage at that level of play, because unless RNG favors you with champs you have already.... the rewards will sit for awhile.

Ch 5 - Generic AG for exploration, class AG for each chapter completed, generic sig stones
    LoL - all classes and T2As.
    Ch 6... random class R2 to R3, or R3 to R4.... when the content needs R4s or higher to viable clear without lots of items or units.

Seriously?
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Oh, and also the terrible bugs that are only harming summoners that have lingered for months:

-Parry 2/3 and Parry 3/3 not increasing stun duration as the tooltip states they should.
    -Immunities broken off and on for Corvus, etc
    -Petrify power gain issues - CAIW, Void... maybe fixed finally after how many months?
    -Backdraft intercepting broken silently and ignored for months and months
    -AI able to fire off specials midcombo repeatably in higher end content, especially Variant 3, Ch 6.3, etc
    -Aegon combo shield broken for months
    -Nick Fury signature ability broken
    -Heal Block nodes silent conversion to Heal Prevention
    -Ghost phasing and parry on hit while phasing+intercepting bug
    -Medusa armor shatter bug broken for months, which is finally working again... but cannot be stacked for a further damage increase now... this used to reward skillful play to be able to stack armor shatters during a single fight...

Etc, etc, etc.

Not to mention the instability of the game, the random disconnects even while on a strong Wifi, the random server crashes, emergency maintenance...
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I saw the mysterio boss
    27k attack and 500k hp
    Think I'll pass
  • Options
    AJXRXAJXRX Posts: 80
    I'll do 6.2 when I get ghost. I'll straight R4 and do it. For now I'll relax with cavalier, content is really hard. And Mordo boss on 6.2.5 is a massive revive grab and I hate it
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Basically nowadays tough content is only doable if you have right champs duped at higher level. So if you don’t have them then you are already out of race and even if you have them then still you need to pour necessary units/cash to get through the content. I’m playing from 4 years and still want some champs which are introduced way back in 2016 or 2017 (not even dreaming of 2018 or 2019 champs ) but I don’t know how kabam knows what I don’t want :# and they always end up giving me the least required champs :s .
    Basically it’s all about if you grinding arenas for new champs or pulling crystals (both of which require dumping of units ) . In order to generate revenue they have defeated the sole purpose of enjoying the game. I still remember the days of Coulsen Challenge or Other events of this kind , say Baustista Bomb etc, where you don’t need some specific champs but skills required (even though good champs can reduce the revives count but the content still manageable with other non-specific champs).
    Hence whether it was making of not using 4* in Act 6 or increasing the health and attack of champs in Act 6.3 to an undesirable level both are restricting players to attempt the end game or tough content.
    If they had increased the level of difficulty to some lower extent then large pool of players were attempting and burning more cash or units than what it is now. You have to generate Revenue from Volume and not from Charging high.

Further some arenas of t2a or t5b also needed at this stage of game. Making them AQ and AW exclusive doesn’t suffice the lower level players who are not in top 500 alliances. You have to think about larger base and not just Spenders or Top Alliances. ($1 spent by thousand player is more than $500 spent by one player).

Thanks

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I’m waiting to get an awakening gem from Act 5 for my Omega before jumping in to fight that CB because I don’t wanna waste a truckload of units where I don’t need to. I will make the Cav push before Xmas tho. I don’t wanna miss out on a nice gift.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

I’m waiting to get an awakening gem from Act 5 for my Omega before jumping in to fight that CB because I don’t wanna waste a truckload of units where I don’t need to. I will make the Cav push before Xmas tho. I don’t wanna miss out on a nice gift.

Why would you need your OR duped if Crossbones has Biohazard on him?
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    xNig said:

For more damage. Awakened ability does x amount of damage once you have 10 death spores per second. Death Field does x amount of damage per spore per second as well as increasing max spores to 30. The death field damage is done along side the Awakened ability damage.

More damage = less time fighting boss
    less time fighting boss = less chance of dying and using revives
  • Options
    JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Posts: 159 ★★
    The Kabam leadership and developers were the ones who decided to restrict the content in order to prevent synergies. It's on Kabam to open it up. I have a 5/65 medusa, blade, and domino, but poor luck with their synergies champs at 5* or above. What is the point of a synergy if you can't utilize it across all content.
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

For more damage. Awakened ability does x amount of damage once you have 10 death spores per second. Death Field does x amount of damage per spore per second as well as increasing max spores to 30. The death field damage is done along side the Awakened ability damage.

Yeah that’s true. But with death field always active and using heavies to lock the spores and degen, you’re only losing out 30% of the total degen damage by being unduped. Not too big an issue and shouldn’t be one that’s hindering clearing Crossbones.
  • Options

The Kabam leadership and developers were the ones who decided to restrict the content in order to prevent synergies. It's on Kabam to open it up. I have a 5/65 medusa, blade, and domino, but poor luck with their synergies champs at 5* or above. What is the point of a synergy if you can't utilize it across all content.

To use them in content where they’re allowed to be used in? Lol
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    xNig said:

Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Yeah that’s true. But with death field always active and using heavies to lock the spores and degen, you’re only losing out 30% of the total degen damage by being unduped. Not too big an issue and shouldn’t be one that’s hindering clearing Crossbones.
    its a bigger difference then that, also the spores won't do damage unless you are near the opponent with death field when unawakened. You spend a lot of time baiting out sp1s in the match so there is a lot of time where CB will not get damage ticking over on him. The bleed also still hurts OR so unless you are running coagulate and Willpower then that along with chip damage from parry will slowly eat away at him. Its totally doable but its a lot easier having him awakened.

Looking at my r5 max sig
    30 spores will do 2,610 damage a second from death field
    10 spores will do 1,949 damage a second from awakened ability
  • Options
    RustyWarRustyWar Posts: 40
    I like to relax and complete content over time but the stuff I have left only promotes chucking my iPad across the room I just don’t understand why we have the difficulty level set so high..

It baffles me harder content has great rewards but when I need those rewards to actually stand a chance to complete the content it’s the chicken or the egg argument.

I’d never use hacks because I value my account too much but it’ll be a lie if I haven’t felt the need to
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

its a bigger difference then that, also the spores won't do damage unless you are near the opponent with death field when unawakened. You spend a lot of time baiting out sp1s in the match so there is a lot of time where CB will not get damage ticking over on him. The bleed also still hurts OR so unless you are running coagulate and Willpower then that along with chip damage from parry will slowly eat away at him. Its totally doable but its a lot easier having him awakened.

Looking at my r5 max sig
    30 spores will do 2,610 damage a second from death field
    10 spores will do 1,949 damage a second from awakened ability
    You’re not including the damage from the heavy degen to lock the spores in, which is what you have to do when baiting specials.

Regardless duped or unduped, you’ll still have to run willpower to counter the bleed damage from it.

(Based on my experience with my R5 OR)
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I would have beaten 6.3 already if it weren't for the Medusa boss. That fight is killing me, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Just an update on this if anyone cares, I finally beat the Medusa boss and cleared the following four chapters in about two and a half hours. I would have finished the chapter entirely, but I ran out of units halfway through the final quest and wasn't confident enough to risk it without units, so I'm saving up and will take on Captain America this Wednesday or next Wednesday
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I would have beaten 6.3 already if it weren't for the Medusa boss. That fight is killing me, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Just an update on this if anyone cares, I finally beat the Medusa boss and cleared the following four chapters in about two and a half hours. I would have finished the chapter entirely, but I ran out of units halfway through the final quest and wasn't confident enough to risk it without units, so I'm saving up and will take on Captain America this Wednesday or next Wednesday
    Capiw is probably the easiest boss of the lot if you have a full ghost team