**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Corvus Better Than Everyone?

I may not be the most experienced player or be a whale enough to have a strong arsenal of 5 and 6 stars, but I've got a decent amount of awesome champs, such as Stark Spidey, SS, GR (my only God tier 5 Star), X23 (incredible bleeder), Void (amazing for boss fights), Quake, AEgon (just got him) and more. But in all my playing, none of them are holding a candle to how Corvus and how well he can just clean up in matches.

Is there any other champion that you all have found that is similarly useful?

Comments

• Options
    robernestleerobernestlee Posts: 56
    @FF10 Not really. I only have a 3 star of her. But that's why I asked the question. To see who else out there is amazing.
  • Options
    @Hector_1475 Great points! I do have Quake but she takes a lot of skill to play. I've also found Void amazing for the long fights.

But as I grind through most content, Corvus has been my go-to.
  • Options

Corvus is good but he's not as good as ghost or quake

I have an awakened Quake at 5/50 and haven't seen her do what Corvus can do. Granted, I'm not the most skilled with stacking the aftershocks. I don't have a good Ghost so I have no idea.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

I disagree. Ghost requires at least 1 of the below 3 things to shine:
    1. Suicides
    2. Full synergy team
    3. Nodes that inflict debuffs, which she can convert to Precision buffs.

Corvus needs nothing, although he is benefited by suicides.

Quake is terribly unreliable and depended on AI reactions. If they use heavy, good luck dodging that.
    Honestly i only use ghost with wasp and thats all she needs imo. While her other synergys are useful i dont see them as important as wasp synergy as i want my other 3 spots for other champs. as for suicides i cant say as i dont have them unlocked and i have no plans to unlock them anytime soon.
  • Options
    rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    He is good for short fight.. One those 20 Claive charges ends.. He hit like a baby... Domino looks better if I compare him..
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    You do know that if you manage to stay alive long enough, these 20 charges return, right...? Without even awakening him...

This "short fight" thing is the most common misconception about him.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Corvus is great. When you get used to him, you know so well what he can do and what he can't do, for what he can do he is the best, so good that you can play with no fear because he is so reliable.
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Idk your current progression in game but You’ll face with anti Corvus nodes and champs in further levels which makes him arguably useless. He is dependent to his charges, if they removed for some reason he’s becoming weak.

His potential strongly decreases in nodes like fisticuffs, pilfer, tranquility etc. if you don’t play smart you’ll be dead in the half of the match in longer fights.
  • Options
    dononedonone Posts: 47
    Blade used to be the go to Top champ, now its Corvus.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    @Octoberstack 's description on his abilities is absolutely perfect. Spot-on.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Take Corvus into LOL for exploration. He's not even a top 20 candidate for that. He's great and easily one of the top champs in the game, but all champs have a weakness. It's all about what champ suits your play style the best. I prefer Ghost, but not everyone does. She has a unique play style and requires synergies. But she sucks against certain champs, Sinister and Maw in particular, and there are a few others as well.
  • Options
    Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★

1. Suicides
    2. Full synergy team

Quake is terribly unreliable and depended on AI reactions. If they use heavy, good luck dodging that.
    I'm a Ghost Player myself and Ghost needs none of those with just skill. I dont have suicides. I dont hace any synergy champion. No nodes to damaging debuffs are needed and they are converted to passive fury not precision. All you need is to get the opponent in the corner, 3 heavys and straight into sp2.
  • Options
    Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    I used to be a corvus fan and still use him. But since i got Ghost and Namor. He's now the 3rd best Champion. But that's my opinion.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    Arham1 said:

1. Suicides
    2. Full synergy team

I'm a Ghost Player myself and Ghost needs none of those with just skill. I dont have suicides. I dont hace any synergy champion. No nodes to damaging debuffs are needed and they are converted to passive fury not precision. All you need is to get the opponent in the corner, 3 heavys and straight into sp2.
    I’m kind disagree with she doesn’t need sucide for me she does it all who your are and I’m find one she need the most is hood if you using sucide many said wasp is the most need but with skil you can play arund that as you said but can’t play around if vs a medusa with 3 furv if you mis time your sp. but Agerd with anything els
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I personally judge a champ based on how much content they can handle, how many nodes they can counter and how many champs they can counter. Because of that, I think the 2 best champs in the game atm are Ghost and Quake in the right hands. Corvus is great, don't get me wrong. He's definitely up there with the best. But as far as Cosmics go, I think CMM and Hype can counter more champions and deal with more nodes and content. That being said, everything's situation dependant and in many situations, Corvus will be the best option.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Nope there is no one champ that’s better than the rest, it all depends on the situation
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I've gotcha @Octoberstack. I'm just very defensive about Ghost and Quake 😂. I'll have to admit that Corvus is a lot more user-friendly. But if you can master Quake and Ghost, they can counter so much, some more than Corvus imo. Not trying to underestimate Corvus, glad to hear he can deal with a lot of Act 6.
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    Good news everyone! You don't have to choose a single best champ. Now you can have them all in the SAME team.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

1. Suicides
    2. Full synergy team

Quake is dependant on AI reactions?? Thats the complete opposite my dude, her auto evade is the antiAI move and everyone I know who is a master quake player says that AI doesnt matter. Ghost doesnt need suicides to shine and def doesnt need it more than corvus. Ghost also doesnt require full synergy team although hood is amazing and wasp allows you to throw your sp2 without much timing if you didnt have her. She also doesnt require to fight an opponent in lets say biohazard to shine. I think your bias is coming in the way of objectively viewing the 3 champions.