**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6* Champions are you kidding me?

I know it’s been a couple days since they announced this & probably has been talked about over & over already but I need to vent about this. I’ve had no desire to come on the forums or even play MCOC for this matter(only have moved in AQ/AW for my ally members) since this announcement & im sure a lot of other players feel this way. Why in God’s name would they release 6*’s before you can even fully rank a 5* & it seems like everyone moved on from 4*’s EXCEPT Kabam considering act 5.2 rewards(all 4* rank up materials) & 99% of the deals we’ve been getting in the unit store! It just blows my mind they’re dropping 6*’s when we’re no where near that, don’t get me wrong I’d absolutely LOVE a 6* when the time is right & it’s not even close to that time yet! Ok there gonna release 6*’s for what? So we can only have the materials to take them to r2 & would be equivalent to an r5 4* or an r3 5*? What’s the point? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t release t5b’s as a new source of revenue or make t2a’s more accessible? Just the whole idea has turned me off to the game

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    T5 basics will be released this year and 6*s next year. The resources will be available before the champs but 6*s are premature for anyone but players who have explored LOL and have no content to play
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Why in God’s name would they release 6*’s before you can even fully rank a 5*

That does sound bad. Except that's not going to happen. The announcement said that T5B will be released this year and T2A will be made more available. 6* champs will not be playable until 2018. However, they are giving us the ability to start earning 6* shards by duping 5* champions after August 30th, and they are giving us a heads up that playable 6* champions are arriving in 2018 so we can decide what to do with the increased availability of rank up rewards that are going to be ratched upwards over the next several months and beyond.

The vast majority of players are going to at least have the ability to fully rank up 5* champions to 5/65 long before they have the opportunity to touch a 6* champion because with duping the only announced way to earn 6* shards it will take about 36 5* dups to get one 6* basic crystal. Except for the very top of the top of players, 6* champions are going to be a very long term project to build towards. If you are a player that is currently earning one 5* champ a week somehow, your first 6* champion is probably going to be pulled sometime in May 2018 or later (any 5* champ pulled that is a new champ won't generate shards of course). I suspect that your first 5/65 is going to come sooner, especially since they also announced that they changed the 5/65 recipe from requiring four T5B to only requiring two. They clearly want to make it easier to rank up to 5/65 than originally intended.
  • Options
    KingsamKingsam Posts: 109
    Since when are t5b being realsed this year? Kabam hasn't said anything officially yet.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Kingsam wrote: »
    Since when are t5b being realsed this year? Kabam hasn't said anything officially yet.

Read the post again  We will be releasing Tier 5 Basic Catalysts before 6-Stars are playable.
    6 stars come out in 2018 this statement means there reading before they drop some assume end of this year
  • Options
    @Kingsam read the post and you will see that tier 5 basics were mentioned
  • Options
    Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109

They should at least let us be able to max out our 5*s before they bring in 6*s.
  • Options
    Dave2442 wrote: »

They should at least let us be able to max out our 5*s before they bring in 6*s.

They are the res will be available before 6 stars
  • Options
    Sirnoob wrote: »

They have not yet confirmed that.
  • Options

Read the announcement then comment here again
  • Options

There hasn't been a specific date for the catalysts and they basically gave a date for the release of 6*s. So we might not be able to max out our 5*s until January. Who knows when that date is.
  • Options

There hasn't been a specific date for the catalysts and they basically gave a date for the release of 6*s. So we might not be able to max out our 5*s until January. Who knows when that date is.

This is true as of now we can only speculate
  • Options
    They said t5 basiscs will be released before 6*. 6* will be early 2018 so they just have a timeframe and not really a date for either
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    T5 basics will be released this year and 6*s next year. The resources will be available before the champs but 6*s are premature for anyone but players who have explored LOL and have no content to play

Not true, I’ve explored LOL 100%, have multiple legend titles & have 100% completed every other content but I don’t want 6*’s. Everyone saying t5b’s will be released but how many? Enough for 1 r5 5* like act 4 was for r4 5*? Probably. we should of had about a year with of AQ with full t2a’s & t5b’s before 6*’s would even be though of

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's going to be ages before 6*s are relevant. The only way to get them for awhile will be 5* dupes and at 275 shards a dupe that's a long way to go for one 6*. Once you get the 6* it's not awakened and will probably be hard to rank. I don't see any reason to freak out about this.
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    they never said that you would be able to acquire enough t5b (or t2a for that matter) to actually r5 a 5*. All they said is that they will be released. Currently you need 4 t5b and 6 t2a to take a 5* from rank 4 to rank 5. Knowing Kabam we will have the opportunity to earn half of that at best on 5.3 buy 1/36 of it in an overpriced deal in the store and then grind monthly quests for 3 years to obtain the rest of what we need. In other words, by the time you actually have all of the resources you won't even care to r5 your 5* because you may actually have a 6* to rank up by then and also be saving up shards for your first 7*.
  • Options
    BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Excerpt from a Line chat I had earlier. Too tired to retype it.

I have had next to no desire to play since the 6* announcement either.

arny2jm41p2a.png
    o5geizr0fbja.png
  • Options
    This game mode and more is catering for elite players only.

That is what this is about, I have been playing for months and am no nearer a 5* than I was when I started, so will have no chance whatsoever of getting a 6*.

It's like MKX, that game was totally taken over by elite players, so much so that there were parts of it even people who had played for years but had not perhaps developed things as much were squeezed out.

This game is going the same way, as long as they don't up the difficulty of the whole game as NR did it will be fine, but I fear for newer and casual players more now and their chances of ever getting the better content and their ability to get even close to end game stuff.

I don't have the skills to do it for sure.
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    @Billybob1971 actually if you read this post https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16915/the-premature-release-of-6star-champions/p1?new=1 that is big bent leader of mmx and he is opposed to it so who is the elite that wants them at this stage.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Well, they're coming either way. It will also be a while before people have enough available to be a significant Roster. They'll first be introduced with Content. I'm assuming somewhere within Act 5. They will also release the Resources to Max a 5*, and they will become more available. Bottom line is it's just a heads up as to what is further on down the road. The game will inevitably progress. We pretty much knew it was coming. It won't survive unless it evolves. Homeostasis is not common with games like this. Otherwise they grow stagnant, and people lose interest. In the words of Shrek, "Change is good, Donkey.".
  • Options
    I never got why we had to have many same champs in different stars. I would feel better if I could get a 1 star and be able to rank him up all the way to a 5 star even if it took longer than opening a 5 star. This would help with not having the same champs repeated in 1 ,2 3 4 stars and most not even being used. this would helpwith no champ becoming unused. Because you can rank him up to 5 star but have a limit on that an endless power becomes boring challenge moves ppl make it to where different part of the game require all champs not just God champs
  • Options
    TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    What a BS - more than half of current 4* playable champions are garbage - indifferent from each other and useless for either defence or offence and any story or event quests with NO useful or special skills required to tackle the new and difficult content!! They just help collect points in versus arenas and thin out the rest of the pool. Respond to me anyone who's at PI lvl 300k+ and uses Kamala Khan, Joe Fixit, Shehulk, Iron Patriot and Punisher as the main go-to champs for Master Event Quests and those special difficult quests and act 5 story quests or even used them once for that!! LOL Now we're getting them as 6* YAY!!!!

Kabam, I don't know who's idea was this, but maybe next time discuss it with someone who's more creative, unless you can't find anyone and you're just buying time. Recycling old and existing champs can't possibly make the game more interesting! Adding 6* will make 4* champs useless the same way 1,2,3* champs are. You're just thinning out the player base!!! It'll just take longer for the players to get to the difficult content and most of them will just give up! I have 12 5* champions since they came out, I'm at PI 350K member of 8m alliance and I very rarely use them in ANY of the game content, because they are mostly garbage compared to rank 4 decent 4* champs I have in my pool and they're bloody difficult to rank them to 3 or 4 and 5 is not even possible yet! I just use them for points in the arenas. Some players in my alliance have 1 rank 4 and couple rank 3 depending on their luck, but it's still mostly 4* that make it worth the resources needed.
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    6*s r1 lvl 1 = 4* maxed...saying this based on 5* r1 lvl 1 = 3* maxed, 4* r1 lvl 1 = 2* maxed and 3* r1 lvl 1 = 1* maxed
  • Options
    YeoYeo Posts: 12
    Playing for a year now maybe 16 months total and I have 5 5* all r2. I'm missing dozens of 4* dupes and another dozen 4* champs. I have no 5* dupes. I played games before where things were purchasable and i bought said item and not too far down the road they released a stronger item, causing my original purchase to become obsolete. I quit those games, and wil probably quit this one too. To date i have spent 4k on google play games. This is just not something i am looking forward to regardless of my reasoning, I'm still trying to enjoy the current version of the game and max my Useless 4*s? Okay... 2018 is 4 months away. If i play at my full potential ill stil only have 8 or 9 r2 5*s and still be missing a dozen or more 4* dupes and another dozen or more 4* champions.

I played heroes of order and chaos, heroes of order and chaos online, deck heroes, hearthstone, and a few other mmo games on google play and spent money on them all and eventually quit them all. They simply lacked what it took to keep me in the loop. And unfortunately now mcoc will be added to that list.
  • Options
    Maybe 6* next year? As in august of 2018. Give us a year of maxing out 5*s and actually duping one or two of them first??
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Yeo wrote: »
    Maybe 6* next year? As in august of 2018. Give us a year of maxing out 5*s and actually duping one or two of them first??

They said early next year, that means in the first 2 or 3 months of 2018
  • Options
    I would have been content with the game if it stayed the way it is. It simply works for me as it is and for many others. I thoroughly enjoy it and would potentially continue to play and spend money for a very long time if they could just keep up what they have been doing, in the current way that they have been doing it. I'm done posting now, sorry for double posts.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    My concern is 6* champs in quest and aq come October. Past that I just don't know what to do with rank ups anymore. Was just about to rank 5 either ultron or aou vision for aq but now feel like they are soon to be the equivalent of a maxed 3*
This discussion has been closed.