**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are so many players trying to rush into ranked 6*s?

Comments

• Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★

I'm legitimately curious to the thought process of some of you. I keep seeing more and more posts from people asking about ranking up mediocre unduped 6*s when they have 1-5 R5 5*s.

Why would you skip over far more beneficial R5 options that you can get sig levels into far easier that legitimately help you clear content just to say you have R2s?

The whole "preparing for the future" arguement doesn't even make sense in that case as by the time that player can actually dupe and sig up that 6*, what are the chances the champ will still be desirable/useful? How many champs that are 2 years old are you dying to sig up and rank? That's the situation you could be in with that 6*.

5*s are by no means useless and I'm not sure why some newer players are acting like they are now. I've currently got 18 R5s and 6 R2s. I took my 1st 6* to R2 when I had I think maybe 13 R5s. I still rank up 5*s if they're useful currently and don't understand why people feel the need to rush into ranking mediocre champs just bc they have an extra star.

Cause I use one of my duped 6*s in a ton of content, don't have him as a 5*, and plan to continue using him as I believe he will stay relevant in future content. Most champs with as much use as him don't just become irrelevant, and yes, I'm talking about Mephisto..lol
    Well.....good luck with that I guess
    Lol thanks..

I'm still curious where you think his downfall is? I could compile a hefty list of pros, so I'm just wondering what the cons are? I know he's always been underated, but I've never really gotten a straight answer on why
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

I guess we should just agree to disagree. I have used my unduped 6* cap as a substitute for my duped 5/65 often enough to know first hand how limited he is in comparison.

The damage difference is there, sure, but that alone isn't worth the ressources to r2 a champ imo. And the great utility he has unduped functions regardless of his damage. In an ideal matchup the best you'll get out of your unduped r2 6* cap is the fight taking a little less time.

In my eyes damage isn't caps sole raison d'etre anyways. But a bit more damage and health (which is redundant considering his perfect block) is all you get out the r2.

I'll still advise people not to do that so I'm sure we'll meet again in the future lol.

Thanks for the exchange!

I mean dont you only have like 2 rank 5 champs? Ofc ranking up a 6 star is a long way off and you have the champ as a 5 star anyways. No one is saying you should rank 2 a capIW over a 5 star. Most of the argument is ranking him up if you dont have the 5 star which I would def do. His utility is great but he doesnt need it for general questing(hes def not a niche champ). Also if we are going by the 'god' terms and everything then most people would categorize him as beyond god as hes top 3 science champs in the game max sig. Without the dupe he would be brought down a tier but still have great dmg and perfect parry(which is extremely valuable for me in 6.3). If you have better 5 stars and 6 stars to rank then ofc keep Cap in the back burner but for me I would def take him up and for most people that arent extremely lucky or are whales at the top I think this would be a decent option.
  • Options
    Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★

I'm legitimately curious to the thought process of some of you. I keep seeing more and more posts from people asking about ranking up mediocre unduped 6*s when they have 1-5 R5 5*s.

Why would you skip over far more beneficial R5 options that you can get sig levels into far easier that legitimately help you clear content just to say you have R2s?

The whole "preparing for the future" arguement doesn't even make sense in that case as by the time that player can actually dupe and sig up that 6*, what are the chances the champ will still be desirable/useful? How many champs that are 2 years old are you dying to sig up and rank? That's the situation you could be in with that 6*.

5*s are by no means useless and I'm not sure why some newer players are acting like they are now. I've currently got 18 R5s and 6 R2s. I took my 1st 6* to R2 when I had I think maybe 13 R5s. I still rank up 5*s if they're useful currently and don't understand why people feel the need to rush into ranking mediocre champs just bc they have an extra star.

Cause I use one of my duped 6*s in a ton of content, don't have him as a 5*, and plan to continue using him as I believe he will stay relevant in future content. Most champs with as much use as him don't just become irrelevant, and yes, I'm talking about Mephisto..lol
    Well.....good luck with that I guess
    Lol thanks..

I'm still curious where you think his downfall is? I could compile a hefty list of pros, so I'm just wondering what the cons are? I know he's always been underated, but I've never really gotten a straight answer on why
    @Jake303AoS mephisto? For me me it's his damage output. Hes not the worst but he just doesnt pack enough punch to me lol. Maybe personal preference just cant justify ranking him up when I've got better options for the utility he provides.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Well, I have two r2 six stars. I could have took three five stars to r5 with the tier 5 basic, but I don’t regret it for a minute because my two six stars at r2 are Ghost and Corvus. They wreck so much content for me it’s ridiculous. Neither need their awakened abilities so that’s a big part of the reason why I took them up. Now, I have eleven six stars total and two that I want to take up, Void (unawakened) and Sym Supreme, but I won’t take them up until I have my Doom, Sunspot, CMM, and Namor up to r5 and won’t take void up until he’s awakened. It’s all about whose gonna give me the best immediate and long term value.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Well, I have two r2 six stars. I could have took three five stars to r5 with the tier 5 basic, but I don’t regret it for a minute because my two six stars at r2 are Ghost and Corvus. They wreck so much content for me it’s ridiculous. Neither need their awakened abilities so that’s a big part of the reason why I took them up. Now, I have eleven six stars total and two that I want to take up, Void (unawakened) and Sym Supreme, but I won’t take them up until I have my Doom, Sunspot, CMM, and Namor up to r5 and won’t take void up until he’s awakened. It’s all about whose gonna give me the best immediate and long term value.

Everyone loves to say that ghost and corvus dont need to be duped. While yes, they are still fantastic champs unduped and may not NEED it, a duped 5* of either champ is FAR more useful than an unduped 6*. Both of their sig abilities takes them from very very good to straight up gods
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    ppl are too enamored with the stars. In most cases, ranking 3 5* champs to r5 is way better than r2ing 2 6* champs, especially when you don't have many ranked champs. Sig ability alone cuts out most 6* champs.

Also, to those with few ranked champs, anyone at r5/r2 level is gonna feel like a world-beater. Sure you can get through a bunch of content with an unduped Beardo or OR, but they don't even compare to their awakened r5 counterparts.

KT1 just put out a pretty good vid on tho 10 6* to r2 unduped. I'd recommend it to everyone.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

Everyone loves to say that ghost and corvus dont need to be duped. While yes, they are still fantastic champs unduped and may not NEED it, a duped 5* of either champ is FAR more useful than an unduped 6*. Both of their sig abilities takes them from very very good to straight up gods
    I don't see how this is racking up disagrees. Corvus sig is the ultimate potion saver. I've cleared full AQ sections with him at 1 HP on more than one occasion. His damage is the same but that cheat death is so valuable.
    For one, people just like hitting that disagree button on anything. For two, some people seem to like disagreeing with me in particular lol
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Corvus awaken is one of the very few champs where all you need is an l1 revive in aq/aw
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I mean, rank a 6* if they are good and will be used indefinitely. I have pulled 12x 6* that I would not use in the future, except for Night Thrasher. However, I wouldn’t rank him unless duped. He kind of needs it as well as high signature.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    hi as per your roster you r considered "whale" small or big i dont knw but for a much smaller player with only 3-4 5*s taking a 6* to r2 is pride, he doesnt(he cant) whale out on every cavalier crystals or featured 5* or 6*, all he gets are 5* juggs,yJ,etc in basic 5* so if he gets say someone like angela ,redhulk,domino or sentinel(widely R2d characters in 6*) he thinks they r much better then what he gets in basic 5* , this champs has very high damage then his R5s so its an easy calculation to take a 6* to R2 which he gets 1 every 3-4 months once ,and getting someone good every 3-4 months outweighs that getting trash every 15 days in basic 5*! he isnt even thinking about awakening his 6* n he knws its 1:1000 chance
  • Options
    Kalantak said:

hi as per your roster you r considered "whale" small or big i dont knw but for a much smaller player with only 3-4 5*s taking a 6* to r2 is pride, he doesnt(he cant) whale out on every cavalier crystals or featured 5* or 6*, all he gets are 5* juggs,yJ,etc in basic 5* so if he gets say someone like angela ,redhulk,domino or sentinel(widely R2d characters in 6*) he thinks they r much better then what he gets in basic 5* , this champs has very high damage then his R5s so its an easy calculation to take a 6* to R2 which he gets 1 every 3-4 months once ,and getting someone good every 3-4 months outweighs that getting trash every 15 days in basic 5*! he isnt even thinking about awakening his 6* n he knws its 1:1000 chance

This doesn't even make sense. A R2 isnt much better than a R5. In lots of instances they're actually much worse bc you can't get a high signature level. Some sigs increase damage output and at the very least increase prestige.
  • Options
    Ranking up for "pride" is just silly in my opinion.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    I think one of the biggest reasons why people are quick to take a 6* to rank2 is because you don't have to use a bunch of resources taking the 5* hero from rank1 all the way through to rank 4 & 5. You can just pull the 6* and take them up immediately if you have all the cats.

5*s require a lot more resources to take from R1 to R5:
    14 tier 4 basics
    16 tier 4 class cats
    22 tier 1 alphas
    10 tier 2 alphas
    1,356,842 Gold

• Options
    Wozzy101 said:

Unless your end game player with the ability to pull in loads of 6 stars to build up your roster, I don’t see a huge benefit in ranking 6 stars to rank 2 over 5 stars to rank 5. For every 2 rank 6 stars you take up you could take up 3 5 stars. The only scenario I’d see me taking a 6 star up would be one like my SS, I have as a 6 star, he doesn’t really need the dupe so this would be a possibility instead of taking up at 5 star from rank 1.

And a rankup like sym makes tons of sense. As you said he doesnt really need his dupe even though it can be handy. That definitely wasn't the type of rankup I was addressing when I made this thread either. Champs like sym and Domino in particular are no brainers in my opinion.

I'm more confused at people wanting to R2 mid tier champs when they have perfectly viable R5 options sitting in their rosters. That I just dont get
  • Options
    MikeHock said:

I think one of the biggest reasons why people are quick to take a 6* to rank2 is because you don't have to use a bunch of resources taking the 5* hero from rank1 all the way through to rank 4 & 5. You can just pull the 6* and take them up immediately if you have all the cats.

5*s require a lot more resources to take from R1 to R5:
    14 tier 4 basics
    16 tier 4 class cats
    22 tier 1 alphas
    10 tier 2 alphas
    1,356,842 Gold

They're all resources that are fairly easily replenished though for the most part except maybe the t2a.

I definitely get what you're saying though. I still dont think it's worth ranking up say an unduped KM to R2 over a better awakened 5* to R5. It's worth the earlier resources for the added sig abilities and prestige
  • Options
    Why are people assuming that you have every champ or the champ in question at every rarity and you have an awakening gem as well as multiple sigs? I dont see people saying they would rank up the 6 star version over the 5 star version, I see people saying they would rank up the 6 star version since they dont have that champ as a 5 star either. For example I would def rank up corvus and ghost even though their awaken ability is pretty decent but since I dont have a 5 star and I might never get one while playing this game I will go ahead and rank 2 them and I dotn see how thats a bad decision at all.
  • Options

Why are people assuming that you have every champ or the champ in question at every rarity and you have an awakening gem as well as multiple sigs? I dont see people saying they would rank up the 6 star version over the 5 star version, I see people saying they would rank up the 6 star version since they dont have that champ as a 5 star either. For example I would def rank up corvus and ghost even though their awaken ability is pretty decent but since I dont have a 5 star and I might never get one while playing this game I will go ahead and rank 2 them and I dotn see how thats a bad decision at all.

Except they're not usually talking about champs like corvus or ghost. It's champs like unduped KM or even a duped Mephisto for some reason.
  • Options
    I keep seeing unduped caiw come up constantly as well
  • Options
    It also doesnt have to be champ for champ basis. I think I it was the unduped KM guy maybe that had a duped Aegon as a 5* in his roster..... why in the world would you take up KM instead just to say you have a R2? Another champ at R5 duped will more than likely be a more useful option
  • Options

It also doesnt have to be champ for champ basis. I think I it was the unduped KM guy maybe that had a duped Aegon as a 5* in his roster..... why in the world would you take up KM instead just to say you have a R2? Another champ at R5 duped will more than likely be a more useful option

Thats fair, it is stupid getting rank 2 six stars over a 5 star aegon. But when you dont have great options as 5 stars to rank up then its perfectly reasonable to get a 6 star to rank 2 specially if you are abundant on T5B. For example I have all my good 5 stars at 5 65, the only one close to that is stark spidey who I dont like so if I get CapIW then I will def take him upto rank 2 cuz he doesnt need his dupe for him to fill my holes in my roster. Would make my 6.3 exploration amazingly easy and since I have void. Your argument works and I agree with it if you have great 5 stars and are choosing to rank up a mediocre 6 star but my argument is that if you dont have a great 5 star(worthy of rank 5 at least) then its perfectly reasonable to rank up an above average champ(like emma)
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    If I actually pulled a 6* that I wanted to rank up like a Corvus, then I’d definitely rank it up. Especially if I didn’t have the 5*. I wouldn’t rank up any bad/ok champ, doesn’t matter 5\6*.

I guess it all boils down to what someone wants from their accounts progression. I wouldn’t even bother ranking a 6* (unduped) until I had my Prestige in a good spot, at least 5 max 5*.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★

It's all dépendant on what you pull and who needs a dupe or not... I have 6 r5 5 stars and 4 r2 6 stars and I'm very happy with all! But you need to think very carefully about any r2 6 star decision as it costs more than a r5, and in most cases a Sig 200 5 star is often better than a sig 20 6 star for example and much easier to raise 5 star sigs up
  • Options
    Looks like I'm not the only one worried about some people's decision making lately.

https://youtu.be/HpyeZwOKWp4

Pretty much spot on @TheKiryu