**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I gotta know, why is he so underrated??

I'm curious as to why Mephisto is so underrated? He's been super valuable to me, and has so many pros, so I'm just wondering about everyone's opinion on his cons?

Comments

• Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★
    Goodness said:

I guess what he does other champs can do better plus he has medium to noodle damage output

That's really not true tho. He's the best incinerate immune champ cause he turns it into power. One of he best Regen champs. And his damage is decent, but with The Champion synergy, it gets huge. And I could go on honestly
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    Just pulled him as a 6star, happy to have an immune champ on my team regardless how soft his hits are, his aura is good to use, still trying to figure out how his sp3 actually work to get the permanent Aura of Incinamation
    WATCHED said:

Just pulled him as a 6star, happy to have an immune champ on my team regardless how soft his hits are, his aura is good to use, still trying to figure out how his sp3 actually work to get the permanent Aura of Incinamation

He's awesome.

As for his sp3, your opponent has to have two bars of power, then you'll drain their power completely and get permanent aura.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    WATCHED said:

Read his abilities. You just have to launch your 1st SP3 when they have over 2 bars of power.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yes, he is very underrated. I have him at R4, I don’t think I would R5 him. But he is great for what he does.
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Off the top of my head, Havok definitely should be included as a candidate, if we’re talking strictly about incinerate immune champs.

Night Thrasher and Annihilus are also very useful...is Iceman immune also? I forget lol.

EDIT: Yeah Void, Sunspot and Torch, forgetting more important ones than I thought smh.

Anyway...

Mephisto’s power gain and regen are cool, but his soul imprisonment is more useful IMO.

Regardless, if you like him, don’t let us sway your opinion, just have fun and enjoy the game.
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    He's not that underrated, only a bit. He's solid. Some people just don't like him because of his noodly damage.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    edited November 2019

Goodness said:

I guess what he does other champs can do better plus he has medium to noodle damage output

That's really not true tho. He's the best incinerate immune champ cause he turns it into power. One of he best Regen champs. And his damage is decent, but with The Champion synergy, it gets huge. And I could go on honestly
    Hes def not the best incinerate immune champ. His dmg is underwhelming and thats coming from someone who tried both 5 and 6 star mephisto with and without suicides. He also kinda needs a team of synergy and those champs either also need rampup, have similar matchups or arent very good.
    Who's a better Incinerate immune champ?
    Iceman, Void and Sunspot are a few that are better.
    Mephisto is very underrated though. Yes, he hits like a wet noodle, but he can’t have it all.
    Pulled him as 5* yesterday. My 5/50 helped me a lot on the middle path in the epic invasions.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Goodness said:

I'd take sunspot, void, and torch over mephisto for incinerate immunity all day
    I'd actually take havok over him as well
    Goodness said:

Having a niche doesn’t mean it makes him good
    It does grant him power to throw more special attacks but if his damage can not be ramped up then there isn’t much point in throwing very weak special attacks
    Can’t rly spam sp1 since you lose regen
    Sp2 is okay and can stack AoI but it doesn’t last that long sp3 is your best option if you don’t already have the permanent aura
    Hype on the other hand has low attack but he can ramp it up real fast and has much better power gain
    It doesn’t change much between him and void when it comes to incinerate match ups I’d take void all day if it were between the immunity and hype for the power gain and damage ramp up
    Only thing he rly has is the soul imprisonments and no damage taken while consuming charges

He can ramp damage with the Champion synergy, up to 60% I believe. His damage really isn't that bad. Compared to hype with 10 furys, maybe lol, but his utility is more valuable, imo. Don't forget he's also frostbite and Coldsnap immune

Everyone is so obsessed with damage lol.

Well....it’s kinda important 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Sure, but so are a lot of other things. Utility is arguably way more important, imo.. If you're a skilled player, you can fight long enough with less than huge damage, but some nodes/content is not doable without the proper utility.

Everyone is so obsessed with damage lol. His damage is not the worst, and with the Champion synergy it's actually pretty solid, and if you appreciate utility, he's amazing.

Again, when I said the best incinerate immune, I meant cause he's more than just immune, he uses it for power gain.. sure there are better damage champs with the immunity too, but they can't do anything else Mephisto does.

Here is a list of pros, now let me see your cons lists! (and if I left out any pros)

-Poison immune
    -Immune to Frostbite/Coldsnap
    -Incinerate immune/turns it into power gain
    -Power gain off his Aura Of Incineration
    -Immune to Ability Accuracy Reduction
    -Can deal decent Incinerate damage on Sp1
    -Power drain up to two bars on Sp3
    -Shuts down opponent buffs at start of fight, and can keep them shut down all fight
    -Can regen from 30% to almost 100%
    -Doesn't take damage while regen-ing (won't die from attacks that would normally KO)
    -Big damage with The Champion synergy
    -Valuable synergies with other useful champs

You cant shut down buffs for long periods AND get a huge regen. We have very different opinions of big damage apparently.
    Goodness said:

Goodness said:

Having a niche doesn’t mean it makes him good
    It does grant him power to throw more special attacks but if his damage can not be ramped up then there isn’t much point in throwing very weak special attacks
    Can’t rly spam sp1 since you lose regen
    Sp2 is okay and can stack AoI but it doesn’t last that long sp3 is your best option if you don’t already have the permanent aura
    Hype on the other hand has low attack but he can ramp it up real fast and has much better power gain
    It doesn’t change much between him and void when it comes to incinerate match ups I’d take void all day if it were between the immunity and hype for the power gain and damage ramp up
    Only thing he rly has is the soul imprisonments and no damage taken while consuming charges

He can ramp damage with the Champion synergy, up to 60% I believe. His damage really isn't that bad. Compared to hype with 10 furys, maybe lol, but his utility is more valuable, imo. Don't forget he's also frostbite and Coldsnap immune
    Yeah it’s only 60% extra damage that’s not a lot plus you lose some if you regen or use sp1s
    Hype has a lot more utility than him
    Yeah mephisto can cheat death and power control node per fight
    But hype has many play styles
    Special one spam all day for DOT and
    Potential stun lock
    Heavy is all you need and compared to a full combo heavys won’t generate so much power Sp1 spam won’t give much power either
    Plus sometimes you don’t even need to hit the opponent you can sp3 spam if you’re good enough
    Not to mention his cosmic charges which grant passive increase in attack and physical resistance and are ready to immediately convert to potent power gains as well as regen if you rly want
    He’s poison immune but how many times do you rly need frostbite and Coldsnap immune? Not much unless you’re facing very specific circumstances like ice man new vision or freezer burn node
    Even at one fury hype will out dmg him or compare with champ synergy and 5 souls
    Additionally mephisto has rly bad match ups like other incinerate immune champs HT definitely, and is not good with suicides which would significantly help his damage
    I agree there aren't a ton of champs nodes with frostbite/Coldsnap, but I bet there are a lot more to come.. which will make him even more valuable. And yes, hype can way out damage him, but again, in my opinion, utility is more important.. every champ can eventually be beat regardless of damage, but some champs/nodes require specific utility to be beat. So that's why I tend to lean towards utility over damage.

Everyone is so obsessed with damage lol. His damage is not the worst, and with the Champion synergy it's actually pretty solid, and if you appreciate utility, he's amazing.

Again, when I said the best incinerate immune, I meant cause he's more than just immune, he uses it for power gain.. sure there are better damage champs with the immunity too, but they can't do anything else Mephisto does.

Here is a list of pros, now let me see your cons lists! (and if I left out any pros)

-Poison immune
    -Immune to Frostbite/Coldsnap
    -Incinerate immune/turns it into power gain
    -Power gain off his Aura Of Incineration
    -Immune to Ability Accuracy Reduction
    -Can deal decent Incinerate damage on Sp1
    -Power drain up to two bars on Sp3
    -Shuts down opponent buffs at start of fight, and can keep them shut down all fight
    -Can regen from 30% to almost 100%
    -Doesn't take damage while regen-ing (won't die from attacks that would normally KO)
    -Big damage with The Champion synergy
    -Valuable synergies with other useful champs

You cant shut down buffs for long periods AND get a huge regen. We have very different opinions of big damage apparently.
    Correct, in can be a substantial amount of one or the other, or a little bit of both. It's called versatility..lol use either as they're needed. and if you can get your auras stacking with full damage boost, the damage ramps up significantly
  • WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    Well I've tried and was only able to do permanent AoI once but I'm sure I'll get it right. When I did it he was over 2 bars and it was my 1st sp3 and it didnt trigger and it's not percentages based but I'll keep trying, until then he isnt too bad. And I do read how to use champs as well as youtube vids.

If you’re looking for someone to tell you he’s a “god-tier” game changing champ, might want to focus you’re enthusiasm elsewhere.

He’s a good champ, but not great...maybe others don’t do everything he does, but there are ones that do some of what he does better, on top of their own unique abilities.

Pretty much what I've been saying. He's not iron patriot by any means but he's not remotely worth t5b. He's an okay champ with some utility and synergies. Hes fine at R1

If you’re looking for someone to tell you he’s a “god-tier” game changing champ, might want to focus you’re enthusiasm elsewhere.

He’s a good champ, but not great...maybe others don’t do everything he does, but there are ones that do some of what he does better, on top of their own unique abilities.

I'm not looking for anyone's approval lol, I know how valuable he is and has been to me. I just haven't heard any reasonable argument to his cons, other than damage.. but as you can see, his pros list is significant.