**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus and proxima synergy

Why does the true strike run out when he’s out of charges? It doesn’t say it on his abilities and his other charges are permanent so why would this 1 not be 🤷🏻‍♂️. I ran out of charges and had 1% left on the moon knight in 6.1.1 and he just kept evading me like a douchbag. Surely you should keep the true strike as that mission is complete. Rant over lol

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    His True damage buff is only active as long as he has charges, the PM synergy just changes the true damage buff to a true stike buff, it does not remove the charges requirement.

Corvus Glaive: Use a Heavy or Special Attack to knock down an opponent that used Evade or Auto-Block in a fight. Once this mission is complete, his True Damage Buff becomes a True Strike Buff.

At the start of the fight, Corvus Glaive gains 20 permanent Glaive charges, granting him True Damage and guaranteed Critical Hits with his glaive as long as his Immunity is active.
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    Ok I get that but the fact that it’s a mission to give him a charge. All his other charges are permanent why the hell would this 1 not be permanent. Kabam should make it permanent, now that I know it’s only temporary I won’t be using it again lol, you have to bring another champ with you for not much gain 🤷🏻‍♂️
    B1gG4z said:

Ok I get that but the fact that it’s a mission to give him a charge. All his other charges are permanent why the hell would this 1 not be permanent. Kabam should make it permanent, now that I know it’s only temporary I won’t be using it again lol, you have to bring another champ with you for not much gain 🤷🏻‍♂️

The mission gives him a cruelty charge, the those charges are permanent and never lost. But the True strike/true damage buff being active is not dependent on the cruelty charges, but the glaive charges, as I stated above:

At the start of the fight, Corvus Glaive gains 20 permanent Glaive charges, granting him True Damage and guaranteed Critical Hits with his glaive as long as his Immunity is active.

When he runs out of glaive charges his true damage/true strike buff goes away too until he regains them per his description.
    Yes I understand what your saying I’m not saying that’s wrong. You are completely right. What I’m saying is kabam should change it because how it is now is virtually worthless. A charge for killing a mutant a tech or an avenger is very simple and you can do it solo. The 4th charge requires you to bring another champ along with you and it’s only temporary. I just can’t seem to understand why it would be worth doing lol.
    B1gG4z said:

Yes I understand what your saying I’m not saying that’s wrong. You are completely right. What I’m saying is kabam should change it because how it is now is virtually worthless. A charge for killing a mutant a tech or an avenger is very simple and you can do it solo. The 4th charge requires you to bring another champ along with you and it’s only temporary. I just can’t seem to understand why it would be worth doing lol.

The 4th charge does not require proxima, you get it regardless of having her in the party, the only thing you get out of having her in the party is if you have the 4th cruelty charge it allows your true damage to become a true strike. The cruelty charges themselves give you a large bonus in damage, so it is not worthless at all, in fact far from it. You can forgo the true strike entirely, as over true damage all it does is allow them to avoid evasion and autoblock. That is what the synergy is for, not to alter how the rest of the mechanic works. And seeing as he is still one of the best in the game it is highly unlikely they are going to give him a massive boon like a perm true strike.
  • SfakuSfaku Posts: 44
    edited December 2019
    B1gG4z said:

I just can’t seem to understand why it would be worth doing lol.

The synergy benefits Proxima as well, lowering her ultimate mission threshold to 75
    hits. Her damage increases exponentially over that, which could be very useful under certain scenarios.
    Clearly not for long enough, I did a fight in act 6 and his charges ran out before the opponent was killed and I’m running full suicides. Will stick to my 6* killmonger and winter soldier synergy lol
  • B1gG4z said:

The 4th “PERSISTENT CHARGE” is no different in duration that the 1-3 Persistent Charges are. All of them are “sort of” temporary in that even the Cruelty Buffs you get from them are of no use if his GLAVE Immunity is disabled (can’t do Critical Hits after expending all GLAVE Charges, so Persistent Cruelty wouldn’t apply after using up his Glave). The 4th one just adds True Strike (w/ Proxima) during that same timeframe.

And you are doubly wrong because you DON'T need Proxima to actually earn the 4th Persistent Charge (and thus it's extra Cruelty Buff). So definitely worth it to get it against Spidey/NC/Modok/etc that may be on your path, even if you will not need the TrueStrike later on (and don’t have Proxima).

Thirdly, everyone in general just uses the term “Charging my Glave” with preliminary fights. But his PERSISTENT CHARGES (from the missions) are totally different from his GLAVE CHARGES (which is what starts out at 20 and decreases every time you Crit Hit with Glave).

So you are confused when you say earlier that his Persistent Charges should be added to his Glave Charges to form one single overall number. Or that the 4th Persistent is worthless to get.