**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Switching MASTERIES Should be Free

I was just thinking about Masteries and after further thought. We should be able to switch masteries we have already paid for, for free, forever!
If we have already spent to unlock them, why can't we switch as needed so that we can get every edge we can get for each specific opponent we may face during a path. Would some mastery setups be more interesting? Maybe suggested masteries per opponent and per opponent in special quests with certain buffs. Etc.

A lot of game content could be built around this premis above. Think about it, we could move our Masteries around as needed for the (Nodes/Buffs/weird-stuff ^_^) your Devs think up, "as long as it's Skill based" and you wouldnt have to make ridiculous buffed nodes for Act 5.3/5.4.

Just throwing ideas out there...

Comments

• WackedoWackedo Posts: 9
    100% agree. We could build strategies and get the players involved in sharing certain mastery setups for specific opponents. It would bring more life in to masteries.

Kabam, it's even a potential revenue stream! Imagine someone suggesting maxed collar tech against an opponent. People without collar tech may end up purchasing it. This is just one example.

Switching masteries around just for war, if played as much as possible in a month, to turn off and back on suicides for grinding equates to about $100 a month. This is why I left competitive alliances.
  • 100% agree I have everything but MD unlocked last R5 and it makes no sense why I have to pay to switch things I've already paid 1000s for.
  • Yeah they definitely need a dual spec, one gets to be such a head ache
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Yes I agree it should be free
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Think it through. You spend tons of time switching up masteries, every AW you face defenders optimized for defense, etc... that takes all strategy out of your mastery build and will never happen.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Everyone MMO known to mankind has talent trees (or specs).

The majority allow for users to store 2-5 setups, and switch freely between.

Yes, we needed to invest to unlock. But once unlocked, why shouldnt we have the capability to switch? Hell, if you gave us two setups to store, I'd be ok with charging us to respec. I'd even ok with you charging 15 units to "swap setups".
  • HAVOCHAVOC Posts: 74
    @Kabam Miike

Any clarification on this? Something Kabam might pursue to stimulate the game?
    BUMP
  • Hey everyone! There's some pretty sweet discussion on ideas going on here, though as it's closer to being a suggestion or request than a general discussion, I've moved it over to the appropriate board to make it easier to find and join in.
    Thanks Kabam Pertinax,

Yep, hoping the ideas and suggestions are passed to the Kabam round table meetings ;)
  • fabi0200fabi0200 Posts: 32
    i totally agree
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    I don't move my mastery points and I agree.
  • I think it is a great idea. BUT!
    At the same time it would be nice to have a way to understand what the changes are doing to Champs as you make them. Some why to setup a proposed set of masteries then go look at what it did to the stats of your champs before committing to it.

I've only ever messed with my masteries once and to this day I think the changes were overall quite negative to some of my Champs.

I can build a larger example if desired, but I'll leave it at this for the moment.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Please remove the cost for changing masteries..it costs alot of units and is totally unwarranted.
  • GavoneAPDGavoneAPD Posts: 1
    It should definitely be free to switch, but I think that is the least of our problems in the MCOC World.. The game is almost unplayable in its current state. Bottom line is Kabam could care less about us as long and the money keeps rolling in.. Only time u see immediate action is when it hurts their pocket. Like when dorm first came out and he was smashing thru lol. Emergency maintenance after emergency maintenance to make sure their profit margin was intact. It's a shame to see such blalant disrespect for the people who continue to line their pockets.. Shame on you Kabam.. Doesn't have to be this way
    I tried updating my last comment. Let me add a bit...

Almost a year. No traction here. Some of us can’t join a competitive alliance and also grind arena with full suicides on without spending at minimum ~$200 a month (~$2400 a year) to turn off/on suicides before/after AW defender placement. That’s 2 full mastery swaps just during AW defender placement. Then there’s up to multiple swaps during attack phase if you’re coming out of arena to use your full energy and take your path and then heading back into arena until your AW energy fills back up.

If you’re grinding arena when time permits and if you happen to only have a window to move in your AW path -before- your energy has a chance to max (or to unlink someone so they can move due to their own schedule or possible time constrain(s)), you lose the ability to take advantage of maximizing how many nodes you can take down with your temporary non-suicidal mastery swap. This means that if you enjoy arena grinding, then minimizing the amount of mastery swaps isn’t really that feasible when playing with others and also living a life outside of the game.

These impromptu mastery swaps due to ally members needing to be free from a linked node scales over to AQ as well, not just AW... we can’t forget the 5 days a week of AQ. Let’s also not forget that it costs to turn off suicides for smart AQ play as well unless you like to play low maps or have just the right champs that don’t take suicide damage and/or regen enough, -and- (a big and) your ally is nice enough to accommodate you with a path that works with suicides turned on. Forget about a heal block path or buff. These impromptu needs to swap masteries tacks on another potential ~$200 a month. So now we’re looking at potentially ~$4800+ a year at this point.

This -is not- funny math or hyper-exaggeration. This is truly the amount we are required to spend if we want to strategically place/attack in AW, context switch back and forth into AQ, and enjoy the speed of arena grinding with suicides on.

I don’t think anyone’s ever unlocked suicide masteries for anything but arena. Did we ever imagine the hidden fee/cost that we’d have to endure year over year to take advantage of them and enjoy arena? Most definitely not. There’s nobody that can truthfully say they enjoy or even want to grind arena after they’ve experienced the speed in which they can end fights with suicides on. Even verygoot had a gnarly non LC/DE setup that limited his abilities in other areas in the game while he worked toward the top arena badge. He spent hundreds and hundreds of extra hours in arena when he has already paid for suicides and refused to spend thousands to swap back and forth in other areas in the game. Does kabam actually care that it costs us hours more, and yes I said hours plural, of our time/life for a single arena grind if we don’t want to spend on refreshes? If they don’t, they should. It’s borderline abuse. :) when’s the last time anyone at kabam threw up 20-40mil+ without refreshing champs? Ever? Only then maybe then they’d understand. Especially if they had to spend their paychecks. We’re talking about spending units on stuff that takes no skill. We can’t learn anything about swapping masteries repetitively to context switch between what I described above. Units are for reviving, healing, purchasing gold and items to rank champs. These are things that revolve around a strategy and use of intelligence within the game. Nowhere on the face of the map does monkey-like mastery swapping for diff areas of the game and arena grinding take actual skill, require strategy or reward intelligence.

This is coming from someone who’s placed #1 and top 3 multiple times in featured 4* arenas, directly prior to featured badge rewards. There’s no way I could have put up 20-24mil back then with only 3 and 4*s without spending units refreshing if I didn’t have suicides on. I was also in a top 10 ally and needed to swap masteries every time I context switched from arena to AQ and AW (placement) and several maxed energy lane advancement during attack.

We’ve paid for the masteries. Why do we need to spend ~$200 to ~$400 a month just to play smart in AW, AQ, and also play quickly and smart in arena? What gives? I said it last year and again now... I quit competitive alliances because of masteries. I haven’t turned off full suicides (LC/DE) in over a year and a half. Let us use what we’ve paid for, without paying more. Did we purchase the masteries or just rent them?

If you subtract greed, the logic behind masteries (you’ve already paid a ton for to unlock) not being free to swap is actually illogical. If you include greed, then it totally makes sense why they’re not free.

It’s 2018. Let the mastery swapping be free. Let us use what we’ve unlocked without severe hidden fees. Nobody expected a requirement to use thousands upon thousands of units month over month, year over year to play the game intelligently.

If you don’t allow masteries to become free and keep charging us units to use what we’ve paid for, you might as well require us to spend units just to open up our mastery setup and view them.

Let’s not stop there though with illogical ideas for requiring units... why not expand and also charge us units to open the game after every time our phone over heats and crashes? That could be the first fee toward mastery changes. Then you can require units to purchase more units with cash in the store? You can then also charge us units to allow us to spend units! Sound crazy? Try explaining to someone that doesn’t play the game how masteries cost units after you’ve paid for them. Same thing.
  • CosagornCosagorn Posts: 84
    I think we can have 2 or 3 mastery sets. Configuring a set can cost the same units as now, but switching from a set to another can be free. So, we can use a set for suicides, a set for AW attack or etc.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Wackedo wrote: »
    I tried updating my last comment. Let me add a bit...

Almost a year. No traction here. Some of us can’t join a competitive alliance and also grind arena with full suicides on without spending at minimum ~$200 a month (~$2400 a year) to turn off/on suicides before/after AW defender placement. That’s 2 full mastery swaps just during AW defender placement. Then there’s up to multiple swaps during attack phase if you’re coming out of arena to use your full energy and take your path and then heading back into arena until your AW energy fills back up.

If you’re grinding arena when time permits and if you happen to only have a window to move in your AW path -before- your energy has a chance to max (or to unlink someone so they can move due to their own schedule or possible time constrain(s)), you lose the ability to take advantage of maximizing how many nodes you can take down with your temporary non-suicidal mastery swap. This means that if you enjoy arena grinding, then minimizing the amount of mastery swaps isn’t really that feasible when playing with others and also living a life outside of the game.

These impromptu mastery swaps due to ally members needing to be free from a linked node scales over to AQ as well, not just AW... we can’t forget the 5 days a week of AQ. Let’s also not forget that it costs to turn off suicides for smart AQ play as well unless you like to play low maps or have just the right champs that don’t take suicide damage and/or regen enough, -and- (a big and) your ally is nice enough to accommodate you with a path that works with suicides turned on. Forget about a heal block path or buff. These impromptu needs to swap masteries tacks on another potential ~$200 a month. So now we’re looking at potentially ~$4800+ a year at this point.

This -is not- funny math or hyper-exaggeration. This is truly the amount we are required to spend if we want to strategically place/attack in AW, context switch back and forth into AQ, and enjoy the speed of arena grinding with suicides on.

I don’t think anyone’s ever unlocked suicide masteries for anything but arena. Did we ever imagine the hidden fee/cost that we’d have to endure year over year to take advantage of them and enjoy arena? Most definitely not. There’s nobody that can truthfully say they enjoy or even want to grind arena after they’ve experienced the speed in which they can end fights with suicides on. Even verygoot had a gnarly non LC/DE setup that limited his abilities in other areas in the game while he worked toward the top arena badge. He spent hundreds and hundreds of extra hours in arena when he has already paid for suicides and refused to spend thousands to swap back and forth in other areas in the game. Does kabam actually care that it costs us hours more, and yes I said hours plural, of our time/life for a single arena grind if we don’t want to spend on refreshes? If they don’t, they should. It’s borderline abuse. :) when’s the last time anyone at kabam threw up 20-40mil+ without refreshing champs? Ever? Only then maybe then they’d understand. Especially if they had to spend their paychecks. We’re talking about spending units on stuff that takes no skill. We can’t learn anything about swapping masteries repetitively to context switch between what I described above. Units are for reviving, healing, purchasing gold and items to rank champs. These are things that revolve around a strategy and use of intelligence within the game. Nowhere on the face of the map does monkey-like mastery swapping for diff areas of the game and arena grinding take actual skill, require strategy or reward intelligence.

This is coming from someone who’s placed #1 and top 3 multiple times in featured 4* arenas, directly prior to featured badge rewards. There’s no way I could have put up 20-24mil back then with only 3 and 4*s without spending units refreshing if I didn’t have suicides on. I was also in a top 10 ally and needed to swap masteries every time I context switched from arena to AQ and AW (placement) and several maxed energy lane advancement during attack.

We’ve paid for the masteries. Why do we need to spend ~$200 to ~$400 a month just to play smart in AW, AQ, and also play quickly and smart in arena? What gives? I said it last year and again now... I quit competitive alliances because of masteries. I haven’t turned off full suicides (LC/DE) in over a year and a half. Let us use what we’ve paid for, without paying more. Did we purchase the masteries or just rent them?

If you subtract greed, the logic behind masteries (you’ve already paid a ton for to unlock) not being free to swap is actually illogical. If you include greed, then it totally makes sense why they’re not free.

It’s 2018. Let the mastery swapping be free. Let us use what we’ve unlocked without severe hidden fees. Nobody expected a requirement to use thousands upon thousands of units month over month, year over year to play the game intelligently.

If you don’t allow masteries to become free and keep charging us units to use what we’ve paid for, you might as well require us to spend units just to open up our mastery setup and view them.

Let’s not stop there though with illogical ideas for requiring units... why not expand and also charge us units to open the game after every time our phone over heats and crashes? That could be the first fee toward mastery changes. Then you can require units to purchase more units with cash in the store? You can then also charge us units to allow us to spend units! Sound crazy? Try explaining to someone that doesn’t play the game how masteries cost units after you’ve paid for them. Same thing.

You realize that masteries were never meant to boost PI for arena right? It's just a side effect from the masteries itself. They are meant to get you through to content and counter nodes and opponents. Nothing in the masteries setup says "changes these for higher arena points". That is on the player base and whoever thought of it to begin with.
    The fact that you want to grind arena and the do other content goes against what the spirit of the masteries are. It's no different in other aspects of the single player modes of the game like energy on paths and having to re-kill nodes over and over while questing.
    edited July 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You realize that masteries were never meant to boost PI for arena right? It's just a side effect from the masteries itself. They are meant to get you through to content and counter nodes and opponents. Nothing in the masteries setup says "changes these for higher arena points". That is on the player base and whoever thought of it to begin with.
    The fact that you want to grind arena and the do other content goes against what the spirit of the masteries are. It's no different in other aspects of the single player modes of the game like energy on paths and having to re-kill nodes over and over while questing.

Did I mention a single thing about boosting PI for points? They stopped matching you with higher PI based on suicide masteries over a year ago. They “silently” fixed that the same time they silently fixed certain boosts from giving slightly higher matches.

Also, where in the world are you getting kabam’s definition to base your statement regarding the “spirit of the masteries”? Sounds like you’re pulling that out of thin air, if not, please link us to this documentation. Also, sounds like you may not have spent to fully unlock recoil at 3 and possibly don’t play tier 1-3 in AW. People will just let your defenders throw sp1s and kill themselves, even at any tier of AW... and forget about being a boss with suicides still turned on, lo, forget about itl. Did you -fully- pay and unlock the last four masteries as well? What about -fully- unlocking sature and coagulate? Some of us paid and maxed out assassin when it was block-breaking opponents. Then after we spent over $100, they come back and say that block-breaking was a “mistake”/“bug”. As if zero people at their office did a single test in QA before releasing code to production, the Apple store, etc. It was an impossible “mistake”/“bug” to miss if a single person there actually played the game. No true compensation for that one. Is that noted in your sprint of masteries as well? :)

I also don’t fully understand anything else you said after assuming suicides still raised your match level in arena, sorry. I’m trying to understand though... so putting your incorrect belief that suicides manipulate arena points aside, what exactly are you trying to justify regarding switching masteries around at-will without spending outrageous amounts of units per month and year. You said the fact someone wants to grind arena and so other things in the game is against the spirit of masteries. What does energy, questing and having to kill nodes repeatedly to fully explore a map have to do with masteries? I don’t see a single relationship with those you mention having anything to do with having to spend to change around and use what we’ve already spent to unlock in our mastery trees? Help me understand.
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    Agreed. I’d also love to have at least 3 builds, if not 4, for questing, AQ, AW, and arena. As it is now, it takes way too much time and units to keep swapping back and forth.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    I spent about 600 units yesterday messing around with different mastery setups and ended up going back to my initial setup. I wanted to run suicides to speed up my arena play but it gives such a negative impact on aq and war that I had to go back. I am not interested in spending the units Wackedo documented to constantly switch around depending on the format of the game I am playing. It sucks because it would be nice to do it. Yet another money grab.