**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How is Power Burn damage calculated?

FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
For example, Doctor Voodoo's special 2:

Even Combo: All of Voodoo’s attacks gain a 50% chance to burn 2.5% of his opponent’s Power, converting 450% of Power burnt into Energy Damage, lasting 15 seconds.

So I hit someone once, burn off 2.5% of their power, and convert it into (2.5% * 4.5) = 11.25% energy damage, which is...what, exactly? How do I convert lost power into hit points?

Comments

• I don't think anyone has ever figured this out with certainty. I'm not actually certain that power burn does the same thing for every champ.

When I test my 4* Voodoo I get power burn ticks for 334 damage. If we assume that is 7.5% of opponent power bar, and we assume that power burn is converting 525% of that into damage, that is the equivalent of 39.375% of total power. That seems to imply that if Voodoo burned 100% of the opponent power with no multiplier that would deal about 848 points of damage. This Voodoo has attack rating of 1287, so that implies power burn deals about 66% of attack for 100% power burn.

My 5* Vision deals 3242 power burn damage with SP1, which burns 39% of opponent power. Vision has 2067 attack rating. This implies 8312 damage for 100% burn, or about 4x attack for 100% burn. I don't see how to reconcile those numbers, so unless I'm doing something wrong with my impromptu testing that suggests everyone's power burn deals a different amount of maximum damage, scaled to the percent of power burn they do.

Incidentally, my Voodoo says 525% of burn, not 450%, and I believe the 2.5% burn is per stack, so at the maximum of three stacks you'd be burning 7.5% of opponent's power. That number seems more consistent with what I see visually when Voodoo is burning power, when you factor in that you're giving power to the opponent when you strike them which partially offsets the power you're burning.

Also, a part of me wonders if the "525%" multiplier is implementation logic leaking out into the champion description. Maybe that is the scaling multiplier for Voodoo's power burn, and Vision's is something slightly different but not shown.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    I think visions dmg is from a table that varies by rank and level rather than attack. From my recollection suicides did not change power burn damage.

Power burn needs a revision.