**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Green goblin improvements !!!

Green goblin needs urgent improvements, his attack is very weak and his glider he should not be used because it is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!
Are you working to improve it ???????????????

Comments

• Options
    @Kabam Miike ??????????????
  • Options
    @Ad0ra_ ??????????
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    They'll fix Carnage before they touch Green Goblin....and Carnage is probably not a priority right now, there's a few other things that need their attention.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Green goblin needs urgent improvements, his attack is very weak and his glider he should not be used because it is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you working to improve it ???????????????

So, yeah his critical damage is unusually low... but what is it everyone hates about the glider?

GG has always used a glider, all the way back from his first comic appearance and in every movie up to the present. Personally I like the glider.

It wasn't the glider that made him Tech either, it was the concept that fighting with his bombs/lasers made him Tech because he was using those to fight instead of raw strength.

The glider was not a deciding factor. If anything they could have done more with it. Some versions of Goblin's glider had machine guns and bomb launchers and other things built in.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    One of the mods (I think Ad0ra) said they have no plans to change GG at this point. I know your pain as I own 5* cable and carnage, which both could have been easily improved with a couple small tweaks that won't happen.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Green Garbage is a garbage tier champ huh? LOL.
  • Options
    DocMcShottieDocMcShottie Posts: 45
    GG is not bad at all and needs zero changes. Check out this post on reddit that covers GG's strengths and shortcomings: https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/6s45vh/5_green_goblin_thoughts/
  • Options
    GG is not bad at all and needs zero changes. Check out this post on reddit that covers GG's strengths and shortcomings: https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/6s45vh/5_green_goblin_thoughts/

Lol Hey Doc, I remember you were on BG's stream that night when he was testing them.

Yeah I read it. I have GG and I love him. He's great. People just hate him because he was misadvertised, he still does a ton of amazing things.

I wouldn't say he is a god tier champion, but he's up there in terms of power. The worst thing anyone can say about him is that his unduped damage is a little too low.

I've been using him on AW defense and he got 9 defender kills, as well as using him to do exploration on act 5. So, I really don't understand all these people who hate on him. GG is doing great things for me.
  • Options
    ALIENALIEN Posts: 34
    SlyCat42 wrote: »

Lol Hey Doc, I remember you were on BG's stream that night when he was testing them.

Yeah I read it. I have GG and I love him. He's great. People just hate him because he was misadvertised, he still does a ton of amazing things.

I wouldn't say he is a god tier champion, but he's up there in terms of power. The worst thing anyone can say about him is that his unduped damage is a little too low.

I've been using him on AW defense and he got 9 defender kills, as well as using him to do exploration on act 5. So, I really don't understand all these people who hate on him. GG is doing great things for me.

Which node did you place his in AW defence? unBlockSP2? And yours is a 5* dup?
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I have a 5* r4 GG and think he is great.. his special 2 does tons of damage and he is good utility champ... not every champ can be god teir!!!

I use him on unblockable lvl1 thorns node in AW defence and average 5-6 kills
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    All green goblin needs to be an amazing champion is to increase his sp1 power drain chance to 75% and increase the amount burned to 10%. He has good damage with his sp2, is a decent defender with a near unevadeable sp1 and strong regen but his major downfall is that there is no reason to rank him up over other powercontrol champs that are more reliable. Giving him a stronger more reliable power drain on his sp1 will make him near equal to vision, psylocke and other strong power drain champions
  • Options
    GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    edited August 2017
    Don't forget that GG has the best power control over every other champion in the game, well according to the devs anyway...
  • Options
    @ALIEN I've tried a couple different nodes. This last time I actually put him on the thorns node. He regens a lot of his health back so he takes forever to kill. I've also put him on power gain nodes so he hits his cunning charges extra fast. In the current AW trying him on unblockable sp1 and see what happens.

@Grufty depends on how you look at it. GG has a very reliable power control mechanic in that once you have a cunning charge you are controlling power (in other words when you reach your first bar of power). You don't have to manage it in any way besides not overbuilding the madness charges. Thankfully the cunning charges have a lot longer duration so that's easy to do. He doesn't power lock, but at this point that would be overkill. Putting powerlock on a champion who already reduces all power gain and has multiple power burns (it's on his super bomb as well) would have been way over the top. I'd have rather they added more damage to his kit somewhere if anything.

My GG isn't duped yet, but he's a lot stronger when he is. From what I can see the majority of his damage starts coming in when you have him at a high dupe level. Like Storm/Cyclops and similar champions he has a mechanic that boosts all special damage and he can double incinerate and double poison when using a super bomb on the special 2.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    @SlyCat42 he does big damage once duped! Is a noticeable jump and when super bomb kicks in can get 600 a tick poison damage and Incinerate
  • Options
    Must look good even duplicate !! I opened more than 20 crystals and I could not duplicate mine, it's a lot of **** that at least should come rock offer to wake up !!!!
    @Kabam Miike