**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bring On the Synergy Buffs

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
Redesigning champs is tough and time consuming.

Here’s to enhancing the value of some truly meme tier champs (IP, Groot, Rhino,etc.) through buffs with newly introduced champs.

I’m beyond caring if it makes sense from a canon perspective. Little makes sense from that perspective in game anyway—so drop interesting buffs in via synergy for some of the longest suffering champs.

Did Nova and IP cross paths somewhere? Probably, so give IP a sweet boost when used with Richard Rider.

At this stage, anything really is good...

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    ^^Glad to see someone disagrees and loves his (or her) IP just the way he is...

Dr. Zola
  • Options

Synergy buffs won't work imo. Garbage champs would be better off getting proper buffs instead of Synergy buffs as its a bad idea having to rely on rng to get the Synergy buffs for the trash champs in question that would get them especially if the Synergy is only available on higher tier versions of the newer champ

That’s a reasonable approach, and I would tend to agree in general.

The timeline to doing anything with the worst of the worst, however, is imperceptibly slow. I’d take anything at this point—even if it meant having to get a lucky pull.

Alternatively, it would be nice to see some of the old line synergies (perfect block chance, armor) revisited to provide something of value in the current game.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    DrZola said:

Synergy buffs won't work imo. Garbage champs would be better off getting proper buffs instead of Synergy buffs as its a bad idea having to rely on rng to get the Synergy buffs for the trash champs in question that would get them especially if the Synergy is only available on higher tier versions of the newer champ

The timeline to doing anything with the worst of the worst, however, is imperceptibly slow. I’d take anything at this point—even if it meant having to get a lucky pull.

Alternatively, it would be nice to see some of the old line synergies (perfect block chance, armor) revisited to provide something of value in the current game.

Dr. Zola
    Only way i could see synergy buffs working is if they were implemented through older champs and gave the older champs new& interesting synergys i.e giving magneto a synergy buff from new synergys for wolverine or colossus would go quite well given most people will have a wolverine & colossus in some form
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Only way i could see synergy buffs working is if they were implemented through older champs and gave the older champs new& interesting synergys i.e giving magneto a synergy buff from new synergys for wolverine or colossus would go quite well given most people will have a wolverine & colossus in some form
    Thats a great idea, every patch they could introduce a couple unique synergies between older characters that buff each other. Bc it does happen where u cant pull the synergy bc u dont land a newer champ. For example i still havent pulled a 5 star Killmonger, have 5 star winter soldier, void, omega, 6 star sabre but have to use a 4 star KM for the masochism synergy, and WS only gets 2% attack from the 4s km instead of 5% and only 30% true strike on intercepts for km instead of 100% so its not really useable. Wish they hadnt done that but back to your original idea of synergies between older characters to buff each other is a great idea.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    I agree with the principle of synergy buffs; although I prefer full-on redesigns. It's nice that Moon Knight keeps getting little synergy buffs; but what about Superior Iron Man? Rhino? Gambit?

A lot of the older champs who really need unique or powerful synergy buffs don't have any; whilst newer powerful champs have loads.

This is Iron Man Infinity War's list of synergy partners:

This is poor old 'Superior' Iron Man's list:

Seriously? Who needs a bit of a boost more? Iron Man Infinity War or SIM?