**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Obsession with ‘Beyond god tier’ champs

2»

Comments

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

You do realize what some people spend on crystals it would just be cheaper to buy revives then chase "Champ X"

Exactly. Lots of ways to skin the cat if you really want to do it
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    ESF said:

Buttehrs said:

Could always just you know rank up whoever you want and ignore tier lists and naysayers. Generally what i do and im still in act 6 lol.

I got a 5/65 Sentry. No regrets
    that's even worse than the groot
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    The proposition that you cannot wait to rank champs, god tier or beyond, without halting progression is false. My 822k overall rating disproves that statement. I have 49 million in gold and i rank everybody! But only when it makes sense and when i have the goods neccessary to do so...that patience or my failure to jump on the "latest greatest" (next weeks has been) champ and rank him the second i get him is the reason i seldom have resource shortages. The only thing i cannot get enough of is t4 and t5b! The shortage of those two items is the only thing slowing my progress not "this" champ or "that" champ. The obssessive behavior is under your control...be happy with your god tier!
  • Options

ESF said:

Buttehrs said:

Could always just you know rank up whoever you want and ignore tier lists and naysayers. Generally what i do and im still in act 6 lol.

I got a 5/65 Sentry. No regrets
    that's even worse than the groot
    Crazy that I didn't consult you first
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    If I got only 4 tier 2 alpha catalyst I will wait patiently to rank 4 a great champ rather than wasting them on a occasionally useful champ. It's so obvious that I don't think why we need to discuss about it.
  • Options
    TRONG94 said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

Actually no. I just wait till I get the champs I want to complete it.

I’m not in a hurry to complete anything. Been playing this game for about 5 years and just did my first run in LOL last week cause I was just able to R5 Aegon and max sig him.

How does that make me a sucker exactly?

It makes you a sucker in two ways: People cleared Labyrinth with Storm and OG Captain Marvel and X-23, with Ant-Man and Yellowjacket to lengthen the Enrage timers, so all the people thinking they have to wait for Aegon or whoever are just waiting for nothing

And if your point then becomes "well, I didn't spend money or units to do it, so that makes it better," then you are still the sucker because now that you have cleared it with Aegon, unless you quit the game today or tomorrow or when you finish Labyrinth, you're gonna be right back at it for Abyss, where they will make it so you cannot clear it with Aegon doing what he does
    First all those people using those subpar champs dumped a ton of items to do so. Which means they either spent tons of money or spent tons of time grinding for items. To me those guys are the suckers but to each is own.

Second I definitely wasn’t waiting around to get Aegon when LOL dropped. I had most the champ that everyone using at the but I wasn’t interested in doing anything listed above.

Third, I don’t care about the Abyss, I’ll wait, watch the whales do it on You Tube and determine what I need to complete and go from there.

Lastly, I think you just butt hurt about what I’m saying because deep down your jealous of my laid back approach and you’re incapable of being like because you are truly chasing the carrot on the stick! HAHAHA SUCKER!

People like you always think it's personal, that it's the other guy.

When just yesterday or the day before, whatever, weren't you crying about the free gifts because they weren't what you wanted?

The last thing I am is hurt by some random guy on a message board. Some of you guys post and think that it is the last word and whatever, but the adults who have kids and wives and houses...we play this game for fun.

Nothing about this personal, and nothing you say is gonna hurt my feelings. It's just not, man
    Your logic is funny. And you keep calling somebody out. I agree with OP, no point having negative energy over not-beyond-god-tier pulls; but your comments don't support his point much. You tell ppl how to enjoy the game like you.

For FtPs, resources are way too expensive so what is harmful about waiting for correct champs to dump them into. Like I'm no way 5/65 Sentry for now, he is cool looking but I have some other better champs to take care of for my progression. If you enjoy him, good for you. However, everyone has a right to choose how they play the game. Some may find a 5/65 Cyclops fun and do LoLs with him. Some find completing hard contents fun and choose to do it cheap.
    Exactly -- you can wait if you want. Others can clear and play how they choose

That's exactly what I said from the beginning when I agreed with the OP, which was that waiting for the best characters is no guarantee you are going to get them and finding use for other characters is good

It's odd to me that folks skip right over the part where the one dude goes 5/65 Sentry is worse than Groot while still trying to tell me that you should play the game how you want -- that's my whole point

I never said my way was better or that other people had to do it. What I said was that waiting isn't necessarily better either, because we're all here and defining fun for yourself is important because Kabam doesn't care how long you wait or what you clear as long as you are here playing

• Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    ESF said:

I’m not in a hurry to complete anything. Been playing this game for about 5 years and just did my first run in LOL last week cause I was just able to R5 Aegon and max sig him.

It makes you a sucker in two ways: People cleared Labyrinth with Storm and OG Captain Marvel and X-23, with Ant-Man and Yellowjacket to lengthen the Enrage timers, so all the people thinking they have to wait for Aegon or whoever are just waiting for nothing

And if your point then becomes "well, I didn't spend money or units to do it, so that makes it better," then you are still the sucker because now that you have cleared it with Aegon, unless you quit the game today or tomorrow or when you finish Labyrinth, you're gonna be right back at it for Abyss, where they will make it so you cannot clear it with Aegon doing what he does
    Now I think this discussion has gone from constructive to calling people suckers for having a different tactic than than you.

I do believe you have a good point initially. That you risk overlooking good enough champs to let you advance while waiting for the absolute best ones. Both tactics might work.
    For a more casual player like myself that don't get that many chances to pull a good 5 or 6 star I might have to be content with good enough champs and rank them up. But if you pull new champs often you might benefit from waiting for the right one sometimes. Since you probably open more crystals than you have rank-up materials.
  • Options

ESF said:

Now I think this discussion has gone from constructive to calling people suckers for having a different tactic than than you.

I do believe you have a good point initially. That you risk overlooking good enough champs to let you advance while waiting for the absolute best ones. Both tactics might work.
    For a more casual player like myself that don't get that many chances to pull a good 5 or 6 star I might have to be content with good enough champs and rank them up. But if you pull new champs often you might benefit from waiting for the right one sometimes. Since you probably open more crystals than you have rank-up materials.
    Yeah, I could've said it differently. That is fair. I honestly don't care that people play differently than me. The longer the game lasts, the longer we all get to play
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    ESF said:

TRONG94 said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

First all those people using those subpar champs dumped a ton of items to do so. Which means they either spent tons of money or spent tons of time grinding for items. To me those guys are the suckers but to each is own.

Second I definitely wasn’t waiting around to get Aegon when LOL dropped. I had most the champ that everyone using at the but I wasn’t interested in doing anything listed above.

Third, I don’t care about the Abyss, I’ll wait, watch the whales do it on You Tube and determine what I need to complete and go from there.

Lastly, I think you just butt hurt about what I’m saying because deep down your jealous of my laid back approach and you’re incapable of being like because you are truly chasing the carrot on the stick! HAHAHA SUCKER!

People like you always think it's personal, that it's the other guy.

When just yesterday or the day before, whatever, weren't you crying about the free gifts because they weren't what you wanted?

The last thing I am is hurt by some random guy on a message board. Some of you guys post and think that it is the last word and whatever, but the adults who have kids and wives and houses...we play this game for fun.

Nothing about this personal, and nothing you say is gonna hurt my feelings. It's just not, man
    Your logic is funny. And you keep calling somebody out. I agree with OP, no point having negative energy over not-beyond-god-tier pulls; but your comments don't support his point much. You tell ppl how to enjoy the game like you.

For FtPs, resources are way too expensive so what is harmful about waiting for correct champs to dump them into. Like I'm no way 5/65 Sentry for now, he is cool looking but I have some other better champs to take care of for my progression. If you enjoy him, good for you. However, everyone has a right to choose how they play the game. Some may find a 5/65 Cyclops fun and do LoLs with him. Some find completing hard contents fun and choose to do it cheap.
    Exactly -- you can wait if you want. Others can clear and play how they choose

That's exactly what I said from the beginning when I agreed with the OP, which was that waiting for the best characters is no guarantee you are going to get them and finding use for other characters is good

It's odd to me that folks skip right over the part where the one dude goes 5/65 Sentry is worse than Groot while still trying to tell me that you should play the game how you want -- that's my whole point

I never said my way was better or that other people had to do it. What I said was that waiting isn't necessarily better either, because we're all here and defining fun for yourself is important because Kabam doesn't care how long you wait or what you clear as long as you are here playing

Haha, yes. Kabam is probably very happy with me then! :wink:
    At my progression rate, I'll be here a long long time. And I will never catch up with the new content they release. Always a few steps behind, slowly slowly progressing. The upside is that players like me will never be out of content to try to tackle!

Maybe one drawback is that there can be long periods of time when I've finished one act, but am far from being able to clear the next one. I've had to rank up less godlike champs in order to progress, and sometimes I might have been better off waiting for one of those god tiers and save up all my resources to rank them and finishing content more easily.

Sometimes I guess I just don't have the patience to wait for a god-tier pull. And it might have slowed me down. But... many champs I have ranked up that aren't god-tier have turned out to be very helpful anyway!
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Impatience costs you! It is the reason for most of the shortages summoners experience (not all shortages! Some are because of kabam but most are not.) Gold is probably the biggest example. Because i do not feel the compulsion to rank a great champ the minute i recieve them, I have been able to use my excess/expiring iso for gold, knowing, that before i have the opportunity or a real reason to rank that champ, I most will certainly open a 4 star that will drop the iso i will need eventually need. And i no longer even concerm myself with the class of the iso I use on a champ! So now i have 400 plus champs, thousands of iso, hundreds of cats, and 49 millions in gold...the only real shortages are those kabam has purposely created, a shortage of t2a, t4b and t5b.