**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I the ONLY one who sees these future champs in this WILD WALLPAPER?

NorsewarriorNorsewarrior Posts: 67
edited December 2019 in General Discussion

Over the MARVEL OF CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS logo in one the LOADING SCREEN wallpapers. I see a familiar mouth of one BAD, TOUGH X-Men villain...APOCALYPSE. If you were to look and examine this same picture you will see GALACTUS, "Shaped and colored PURPLE" in this wallpaper loading screen. Am I the ONLY one getting more excited for these future champions to appear in the game?

Am I the ONLY one who sees these future champs in this WILD WALLPAPER? 97 votes

I only see Galatus in the picture.
51% 50 votes
I only see Apocalypse in the picture.
1% 1 vote
I DON'T SEE ANYBODY BUT THE LATEST CHAMPIONS.
31% 31 votes
I see BOTH, Galatus and Apocalypse.
15% 15 votes

Comments

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Surprised they didn't reuse the Black Hole image from earlier in the year
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    It's Annihilus
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Okay! But what about that group top right? Familiar faces! But sickly twisted! What is zombie punisher and gwenpool about?
  • Rap said:

Okay! But what about that group top right? Familiar faces! But sickly twisted! What is zombie punisher and gwenpool about?

Alright show me where in the top right you see any of this.
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    solopolo said:

The mouth is Annihilus, not Apocalypse. There is another new champ in there though, underneath Sunspot is the eye of Entropy, Google his name and you should see the mcoc image.

That is not entropy. It is the guillotine future Prometheus event loading screen. All of these are previous loading screens from this year. Not sure which one is right below warlocks eyes.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★

solopolo said:

The mouth is Annihilus, not Apocalypse. There is another new champ in there though, underneath Sunspot is the eye of Entropy, Google his name and you should see the mcoc image.

That is not entropy. It is the guillotine future Prometheus event loading screen. All of these are previous loading screens from this year. Not sure which one is right below warlocks eyes.
    No, that’s definitely entropy’s eye below sunspot. He was in a cutscene after one of the eqs this year.
    edited December 2019
    Sorry i was thinking about the champion puzzle not the loading screen. Those guys up in the top right of the puzzle will be old champs remade anew. Punisher, gwenpool, spider gwen, venom...check it out if you don't know what i am refering to. Up above M.O.D.O.K hotel. They look like they are part of a zombie apocalypse.
    As for the screen in question...it is just a recap of the year. It is December, the end of another year for the game and it is just a visual recap of the special monthly events...no easter eggs hidden in it...just wishful thinking.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Annihilus, not Apocalypse.
  • Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 339 ★★
    Pink Shadow you can see covering most of the pictures looks like galactus
  • NorsewarriorNorsewarrior Posts: 67
    solopolo said:

Okay...I may be wrong about that mouth being Apocalypse but Kabam is still foreshadowing GALACTUS to be in the game next year.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

solopolo said:

Okay...I may be wrong about that mouth being Apocalypse but Kabam is still foreshadowing GALACTUS to be in the game next year.
    Yeah the event quest confirmed Galactus' arrival.
    It’s not really foreshadowing, it’s more a straight up confirmation.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Who/what is that? (Not Claire, the stone head thing with lips).
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

I just assumed it was Guillotine 2099 but I don’t recognise the art from throughout the year
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Why in Odins beard are people “speculating” that it might be Galactus? It’s pretty obvious as that is the whole purpose of the EQ, and you can see his horns...

ANYWAYS, I can’t figure out who that is under HT and beside CV. My first thought is Gambit maybe? Really have no clue.
  • JVoorheesJVoorhees Posts: 48
    Lol...#staywoke
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,395 ★★★★★

solopolo said:

Yes...foreshadowing. That’s what it is. Definitely

Final moments of that trailer galactus closes his eyes which means whoever killed him is the threat that been hiding in the shadows
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

Sorry i was thinking about the champion puzzle not the loading screen. Those guys up in the top right of the puzzle will be old champs remade anew. Punisher, gwenpool, spider gwen, venom...check it out if you don't know what i am refering to. Up above M.O.D.O.K hotel. They look like they are part of a zombie apocalypse.

All of those were already in the game, introduced during the event quest in December 2017, alongside the introduction of Modok
  • MassapealMassapeal Posts: 143
    I see it, but realize that's probably not Apocolypse.
    Rap said:

Those are the MODOK amalgam champions such as Gwenperion and Frank Strange.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    I actually found an easter egg on the screen, but its not available in all locations. Sometimes there would be a blinking red insignia on the bottom right. I think it represents Black Bolt since its a dot with what looks like sound waves coming out over its top. For some reason though, it usually shows up longer when im underneath a tunnel. Must be an homage to a storyline or something
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    @EthanGamer
    The one underneath warlocks eye is Mysterios hands, you can see the green smoke coming off it
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

I just assumed it was Guillotine 2099 but I don’t recognise the art from throughout the year
    You’re right, here is the source.

• LibralonixLibralonix Posts: 229
    Maybe its Black Winter, it would tie in with the new Thor series of comics?