**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What are some of the worst node designs in mcoc?

CodeOmegaCodeOmega Posts: 201 ★★★
In my opinion:
No retreat- forces you to take block damage or face a powerful degeneration if you dash back twice while the timer is active
Caustic temper- forces you to bring a champ that is both immune to poison and gains a fury buff. Mostly due to the sinister in 6.2.2.
Strength in numbers- gives you a major attack depletion for each KO member of your team. Forces you to revive other champs up.
Aspect of war- depleted block proficiency fast and attacker will eventually be completely unblockable while also gaining unstoppable off special attacks
EMP mod- makes you take major shock damage unless you don’t dex or gain buffs. Very few counters.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I would agree on the Strenght in Numbers, as well as Tunnel Vision where you aren't allowed to do the same action twice
  • Options
    DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    I hate lifecycle more then any other nodes
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

All of those nodes which are ‘you deal barely any damage unless you have x buff/debuff’ buffed up diss track and personally I’m not a fan of nodes that prevent you from doing things that are necessary in a fight like tunnel vision

I remember when Caltrops was introduced and people were on fire because it penalized you for not standing still and holding block

I would have sworn that kind of design choice -- penalizing players for natural fighting movements -- was something that Kabam said they were not going to in the future, but maybe my memory is wrong
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

The original version of no retreat in the 6.1 beta was so much worse. At least you can play around it now by playing carefully. Originally there was no cooldown after the initial dash back. Every single time you dashed back you got a stackable degen. Was awful

Like slashed tires? Or worse?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Caustic Temper is the worst in my opinion. So few counters. Coward also blows but that one thankfully doesn’t show up too much. No Retreat is annoying as hell too
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Spite
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    My personal worst is mighty charge since I like intercepting. 2nd is probs the "you deal 90% less dmg unless defender has poison or wtv"
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Mesmerize, if you look at my old posts you can see we go way back.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

The original version of no retreat in the 6.1 beta was so much worse. At least you can play around it now by playing carefully. Originally there was no cooldown after the initial dash back. Every single time you dashed back you got a stackable degen. Was awful

Like slashed tires? Or worse?
    No slashed tires was worse
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    I hate the coward node - such an unnatural way to play a fighting game. No counters except to go in and tap block like a maniac while evading the defender.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Mighty charge on top of it being paired with another node that makes annoying
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

Imagine Lifecycle, Mighty Charge AND Unblockable Finale

The hell it would be
  • Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Rage. It's way too cheap, unless you bring a damaging nullify champ, or a champ with poor damage.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Thi101 said:

Imagine Lifecycle, Mighty Charge AND Unblockable Finale

The hell it would be
    Dont give them ideas lol
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    There are a lot of really bad nodes but caustic temper, tunnel vision, aspect of war I would say are my least favorite, although there is a whole new crop in the 6.4 beta that are pretty senseless
  • Options
    H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    I'm trying to do road to the labyrinth and safeguard is a pain (worse when combined with immunity)