**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How good is warlock?

CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
Why is he considered beyond god?

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Shuts down healing champs/nodes while draining their power
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    On paper his abilities are god tier, but i do not have one myself to test his attack power.
  • Owl_0wlOwl_0wl Posts: 210
    no im the real Spartacus....uh hum......seatin
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited December 2019
    So good that you’ll welcome pulling cable and ultron.

No brainier r5 champ, doesn’t need awakening, solves the mcoc world problems with his much maligned two buddies.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    My fave champ. Maybe the most utility isn’t the game. Great against regen champs. Armor protect against a lot of damage you might otherwise take (Havok’s detonation for example). Double immunities. Doesn’t need to be awakened although sig ability is good. Power control, heal block. Great champ.
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★

Seatin said:

A small taste of Warlock's ability to dominate endgame content:

https://youtu.be/3ytXFkh8Qtk

https://youtu.be/qj2Sn0FKgZw

He's an effective solution to roughly 80% of 'problem' fights in the endgame. Has all sorts of top tier uses in AW, AQ, All 4 Variants, Act 5 and Act 6!

R u real seatin?
    Yeah mate, he is the real Seatin
    Check his videos when he opens forums
    MCOC forum has unique names
    'Seatin' cannot be used twice
    He is the original seatin
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Also a great korg counter once he’s infected, he’s my next rank 5 without a doubt

Why do you think he's a korg counter? Is it bc hes not getting thorns damage with infections up currently? If so that's a bug and will be fixed eventually. Hes only supposed to reduce offensive ability accuracy not defensive like he does currently

Also a great korg counter once he’s infected, he’s my next rank 5 without a doubt

Why do you think he's a korg counter? Is it bc hes not getting thorns damage with infections up currently? If so that's a bug and will be fixed eventually. Hes only supposed to reduce offensive ability accuracy not defensive like he does currently
    He stops his unstoppable and unblockable as well.
    I'm not sure that will be the case when hes fixed though.

Go and fight a korg with warlock,. Guarantee you’ll be stoked after

Yeah I know, I'm just letting you know that he's bugged and will be fixed eventually if you weren't aware yet
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Also a robot so great against champs like omega/namor. Not to mention, his synergy with magik and domino is pretty lit.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★

Seatin said:

A small taste of Warlock's ability to dominate endgame content:

https://youtu.be/3ytXFkh8Qtk

https://youtu.be/qj2Sn0FKgZw

He's an effective solution to roughly 80% of 'problem' fights in the endgame. Has all sorts of top tier uses in AW, AQ, All 4 Variants, Act 5 and Act 6!

R u real seatin?
    We are all Seatin...

That thread is lack luster....various amounts of uncertainties in that thread....was from August as well. If they haven’t fixed yet....probably won’t. Regardless Korgs unblockable and unstoppable are caused offensively. So absolutely no worries of that ever changing 🤙
    I'm not arguing with and certainly not knocking warlock (I have him R5 myself). Just making sure you and anyone else have the information before someone ranks him and he gets changed. They've taken far longer to change plenty of things. I think hes an amazing rankup regardless just saying dont be surprised if he doesnt work exactly the same in the future is all
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    Thnx guys
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    To put simply: Freakin' amazing
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    Lol
  • Jaina97Jaina97 Posts: 59

He stops his unstoppable and unblockable as well.
    I'm not sure that will be the case when hes fixed though.
    I went from detesting the 6.2 sinister quest to going through it for fun when I have spare energy. If that doesn't show the power of warlock I have no idea what will.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

That thread is lack luster....various amounts of uncertainties in that thread....was from August as well. If they haven’t fixed yet....probably won’t. Regardless Korgs unblockable and unstoppable are caused offensively. So absolutely no worries of that ever changing 🤙
    I’m guessing this is sarcasm because it’s simply not true. Drax is a prime example of them announcing the interaction between him and Mordo isn’t working as intended and they fixed it 2 years later.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★

Korgs unblockable and unstoppable are caused offensively. So absolutely no worries of that ever changing 🤙
    Actually, it's more complicated than that: they can be either offensive or defensive.

If Korg triggers an SP1 with sufficient Crowd Excitement, becoming Unblockable is an offensive effect.

If Korg triggers a Special-3, he'll also gain enough Crowd Excitement to trigger them as an offensive effect.

On the other hand, if you're increasing Crowd Excitement by hitting Korg's block, that's a defensive ability. So Warlock shouldn't stop that.

If you're increasing Crowd Excitement by dodging his attacks I don't really know if it's a defensive or offensive ability; although I'm guessing offensive (since he's attacking at the time), so Warlock should probably be able to stop that...

So Warlock's virus shouldn't shut Korg down completely; but should make him a lot easier.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★

On paper his abilities are god tier, but i do not have one myself to test his attack power.

He's not about attack power. His utility is amazing. Ability reduction, power drain/burn, shock.

I soloed DPX in variant 4 with no synergies and basically didn't have to deal with a lot of the nonsense that fight brings.