**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Where’s the t2a in master season rewards?

Comments

• Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    @ContestOfNoobs man i wish we could trade resources i would give you all 22 of my T2alpha for your 8 T5 basics, like seriously because i have 7 that will expire in 5 days and i don't think i can get a full t5b in 5 days my alliance rank about 230 in AQ
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

@ContestOfNoobs man i wish we could trade resources i would give you all 22 of my T2alpha for your 8 T5 basics, like seriously because i have 7 that will expire in 5 days and i don't think i can get a full t5b in 5 days my alliance rank about 230 in AQ

yes i know, there needs to be something done, if you have super overflow of a resource!
  • Options
    SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    Totally agree with t2a shortage. I'm also in a Master alliance and in a similar situation.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Kabam doesn't understand what it's like at the top. It's not their fault, they just don't know what they've never experienced. They more than doubled the t5b shards and dropped the price in the Glory store and only lowered the t2a price. They need to make the t2a frags 3600 at least if not 5400.

The change makes me think that Kabam thinks that top tier allys should't rank 5* champs anymore, which is going to sadly happen. They did the same thing with t1a and many players stopped taking their 4* champs to r3 because of the t1a.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    There's always going to be a limiting Resource. What that Resource is will shift from time to time because balancing all Resources is a process of shifting to balance, but it's not a game where you're always going to have everything you need, all the time. Something will always pace growth. That's what keeps overall homeostasis with progress.
  • Options
    XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that we are looking into if there is a T2A Shortage. At this time, there is enough access to T2A for Alliances that run High Tier Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars, but this means using Glory for T2A Fragments (the point of that store is that you have the choice of what you want to purchase).

But we know that Summoners like to use their Glory for other things in store as well, and this will be something that we look into in the New Year.

In the meantime, we will not be changing the Season Rewards, because reverting the rewards for all tiers because of the Top Tiers would harm a lot more Alliances, and I'm sure that even Master Level Alliances don't want to see those Boosted Shards going away.

(No, we can't just add the T2A back without balancing the rewards for everybody :tongue: )

Here is an example breakdown of what is needed to rank 5 star champs from 1 to 5 vs what is received in monthly event quest for master and uncollected along with how far our purchases can go in the glory store. The shortage is beyond AW rewards.
  • Options
    XSquad said:

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that we are looking into if there is a T2A Shortage. At this time, there is enough access to T2A for Alliances that run High Tier Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars, but this means using Glory for T2A Fragments (the point of that store is that you have the choice of what you want to purchase).

But we know that Summoners like to use their Glory for other things in store as well, and this will be something that we look into in the New Year.

In the meantime, we will not be changing the Season Rewards, because reverting the rewards for all tiers because of the Top Tiers would harm a lot more Alliances, and I'm sure that even Master Level Alliances don't want to see those Boosted Shards going away.

(No, we can't just add the T2A back without balancing the rewards for everybody :tongue: )

Here is an example breakdown of what is needed to rank 5 star champs from 1 to 5 vs what is received in monthly event quest for master and uncollected along with how far our purchases can go in the glory store. The shortage is beyond AW rewards.
    What about Alliance Quest rewards?
  • Options
    joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    It's not a "shortage" in the sense of not having enough t2a. By playing Map6 and Master AW I usually have enough of both t2a and t5b. With the recent update to the Glory store though and the new AW rewards our alliance will get "too much" t5b in the sense of not being able to use them cause we don't have enough t2a. As people mentioned before: It takes 10 t2a for a Rank 5 5* but only 2 t5b. This means for every t5b we're getting, there should be 5 t2a to get as well. This is not possible with AQ + EQ + Glory.
  • Options

XSquad said:

Hey all,

Without getting into too much variables with Map crystal drop rates. Lets look at rank 1 rewards for example. We (they) get 20,000 T5B which is .22 (20,000/90,000) towards forming 2 T5B to rank 5 a 5 star. For T2A, it is 55,000 frags which is .15 (55,000/360,000) towards forming 10 needed to rank 5 a 5 star. So enough T5B in 4 AQ weeks, but takes 7 AQ weeks for the T2A just from rank rewards. You can see how people are doubling up on T5B when you include that lower stash limit and assume that not all 5 stars go past rank 4.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    This also doesn't take into account the t2a from Variants and other permanent content, calendars, or side quests. To say it takes 20 weeks to earn the t2a to take a champ up isn't accurate.
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

This also doesn't take into account the t2a from Variants and other permanent content, calendars, or side quests. To say it takes 20 weeks to earn the t2a to take a champ up isn't accurate.

Nobody said that...I used basic monthly story quest and glory cost as an example of the difference in rate of availability. However, since you brought up permanent content and did the math you know that for 6.3 to complete and explore we get 2.75 T5B and 7 T2A. For Variants, we get 0 T2A and .6 T5B.

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Pretty disingenuous to run the numbers for 5* and solely focus on them when the rewards are clearly geared towards 6*s seeing as t5c is the real prize.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    XSquad said:

Pretty disingenuous to run the numbers for 5* and solely focus on them when the rewards are clearly geared towards 6*s seeing as t5c is the real prize.

Disingenuous?

Still need T2A to rank 6 stars. Although, I wouldn't know since I am hesitant to rank 2 my unawakened Deadpool XP. Ok now that was closer definition of disingenuous.
    100%, you need less t2a and more t5b when ranking 6s.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    XSquad said:

XSquad said:

Hey all,

Without getting into too much variables with Map crystal drop rates. Lets look at rank 1 rewards for example. We (they) get 20,000 T5B which is .22 (20,000/90,000) towards forming 2 T5B to rank 5 a 5 star. For T2A, it is 55,000 frags which is .15 (55,000/360,000) towards forming 10 needed to rank 5 a 5 star. So enough T5B in 4 AQ weeks, but takes 7 AQ weeks for the T2A just from rank rewards. You can see how people are doubling up on T5B when you include that lower stash limit and assume that not all 5 stars go past rank 4.
    When you have time, put this in an excel table like your previous post.

Much easier to share in chats and is more effective at getting the point across.
  • Options
    Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    I have 8 t5b and 2 in stash so a total of 10 t5b. I only have 2 t2a though, there is a good chance my 2 t5b in stash will expire before I have enough t2a to rank up. Please increase the amount of t2a in glory store. 1800 shards is way too little
  • Options
    KarlnakKarlnak Posts: 43
    Neotwism said:

This never seems to end. It wasn't long ago ppl were complaining that t5b was too hard to get. Kabam increased the amounts and cost of it and now ppl r complaining they have too much t5b and not enough t2a.

Well, this is a bit different. They are removing a valuable/necessary rank up resource from the top ranked war alliances? Doesn't make any sense. You can't use any t5b without t2a and a lot of them lol
  • Options

Those in high placing aq alliances could always spend glory on t2a instead of t5b....

I don't spend my glory on either normally...I'm spending it on potions in order to compete in master wars. It's like they want us to not want to play war. I don't get it.
  • Options
    Bigbowlr said:

It does go along with past actions. As they made t4b easier to get they kept t1a tough. As they make 5*s easier again t1a became more in demand and still remained tough to get. Now t5b is getting easier yet the Alphas remain hard to get. It's the way the game has always been Basic and Class cats get easier to obtain yet Alphas will always remain the roadblock.

There's literally been an arena every 8 days where you can get t1a since I started playing 3 years ago. I don't see how this is even comparable.
  • Options

Hey all,

Nah I'd rather have the 2ta than the shards personally. And although people in masters war and high map7 aq have access to the glory store, a lot of that just goes to overpriced potions in order to maintain those ranks. Plus the t2a in the glory store is maybe the worst value in the whole store. I just don't understand how it can go from 3 t2a in plat one (a truly awesome amount), to a big fat 0 in masters. Unbelievable. Reduce the amount if you think it's too much with the added shards and t5b. 1.5 or even just 1. But nothing at all? When I first saw it I was certain it was a mistake!
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Karlnak said:

Those in high placing aq alliances could always spend glory on t2a instead of t5b....

I don't spend my glory on either normally...I'm spending it on potions in order to compete in master wars. It's like they want us to not want to play war. I don't get it.
    Then spend it on t2a instead or don't play in a master war alliance if you need that many pots. It's a choice pushing in war. If you enjoy it, more power to you I'm not knocking those that do even though I don't. It's still a choice to use glory for that nonetheless.

I do think t2a for glory value should probably be adjusted however. Half a t2a for 4k glory is quite poor
  • Options

I have about 7 T2 alpha in over flow and I'm not even in a top alliance I would trade places with those who are complaining about having too much T5 basic because i have only 1 and i cant rank 5 or rank 2 any 6 stars without atleast 2 or 3. for me and with the new t2a being added to monthly calander we can get about 4 to 5 t2alpha a month with AQ if you're in a top alliance .

But this is exactly the point. You are overflowing in t2a, yet they are giving you more? And those of us in masters alliances are in need of this, and have chosen to try to compete at the highest levels of the game to get the best rewards, are getting less of that same resource? How does that make any sense? Especially when that resource is required for any rank ups they need to compete at that level? It's truly a bizarre decision
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

You have a choice just like every other player. U can use glory to buy the t2a your short on or buy potions to boost your champs. Every player has to make decisions like that. Its not just "top alliances."

Sure. But the choice isn't just buy potions or buy t2a with your glory. It's buy potions and stay competitive in high tier war and (now) get even less t2a OR don't worry about competing in war and use your glory for t2a (which is still incredibly overpriced when compared with other resources that you can buy with glory like t5b). Why would Kabam make a game mode/set up a rewards system that doesn't give you as many rewards as you can get by simply not participating in it, or not trying as hard to win?
  • Options

There's always going to be a limiting Resource. What that Resource is will shift from time to time because balancing all Resources is a process of shifting to balance, but it's not a game where you're always going to have everything you need, all the time. Something will always pace growth. That's what keeps overall homeostasis with progress.

Sure. I'd say that resource is t5cc at the top levels right now. Wouldn't you?
  • Options
    RoninMan said:

Some people just want to complain. Kabam could give you 10 T2A a week and then you would complain about not getting enough (good) champs to use all your resources on. Games like this will always have a roadblock. If it’s not T1, then it’s T4C, or gold, or T4B. Enjoy the ride and have something to look forward to. Some of you all just want to have every champ at max rank and sig today and that’s not how this game works. Have something to work towards.

There are those people. But this isn't it bro. It just doesn't make sense to give more of one of the top rank resources in the game to the lower tiers. It discourages competition at the highest level. Notice people aren't complaining about not getting t4b in the master alliances. We still need it. But it's not one of the top resources in the game.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Karlnak said:

Sure. I'd say that resource is t5cc at the top levels right now. Wouldn't you?
    Well, if they're short of T2A, then the limiting Resource would be T2A. I've seen it switch many times over the years. Gold, T1A, T4CC, just about everything at some point. Ranking is meant to be paced. That's what allows all Players to progress where they're at and be able to move up. A system that has all Resources available at the top at all times is one that's catastrophic. No one would ever be able to make headway underneath. There's always going to be something that limits progress to an extent, and it's designed to take time to Rank Champs. While it may be insightful to see tables and charts that highlight the requirements, are we really meant to go from R1 to R5 in one sitting without being taxed?