**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Spirit of Gifting Event - Rank Rewards

2»

Comments

• Options
    dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Donation countdown should be introduced in gifting event.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited December 2019

hmmm ive seen above stated video . i dnt think he was saying fraud as in a criminal offence i believe he ment that by hopping in an out all these alt accounts they were boosting there overall rank rewards standing this is devious an sort of a bull S action but it isnt a criminal offence . . i done agree with what they are doing . my ally isnt in the running for any top spots but what they are doing effects alot of people trying to get up that end of the ranks . its a horrid action but not criminal . kabam isnt going to do anything its $$$$ in the bank

The implication is this, pay merc with many accounts to load account with thousands of units obtained through credit card fraud at worst, at best arena bots. Merc joins alliance and dumps the thousands of units, And thus boost rank rewards. Alliance is paying half the cost of the actual units, merc is paying none of it. Now there could be the question of why not just one merc account which could lead more to this being units earned through bots. Either way the alliance and it’s members never commit a punishable offense and if the account that loaded the units is caught and gets banned no one cares. No one in the accused alliance ever breaks a rule directly but clearly what has happened is bs and against the notion of fair competition.

And I find the concept of it being alt accounts of members less plausible because the impact of doing this needs to be big enough to have a member miss out on some level of in game rewards. No one would be losing out on aq or potentially aw season so that an alt can gift 1,000 units
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 6
    Neotwism said:

Why is this post even still up? There is no "proof" this alliance broke any rules. The only evidence we have is that THIS post is breaking the T.O.S. of the forums and should be removed.

U from mmx?
  • Options
    ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★

hmmm ive seen above stated video . i dnt think he was saying fraud as in a criminal offence i believe he ment that by hopping in an out all these alt accounts they were boosting there overall rank rewards standing this is devious an sort of a bull S action but it isnt a criminal offence . . i done agree with what they are doing . my ally isnt in the running for any top spots but what they are doing effects alot of people trying to get up that end of the ranks . its a horrid action but not criminal . kabam isnt going to do anything its $$$$ in the bank

The implication is this, pay merc with many accounts to load account with thousands of units obtained through credit card fraud at worst, at best arena bots. Merc joins alliance and dumps the thousands of units, And thus boost rank rewards. Alliance is paying half the cost of the actual units, merc is paying none of it. Now there could be the question of why not just one merc account which could lead more to this being units earned through bots. Either way the alliance and it’s members never commit a punishable offense and if the account that loaded the units is caught and gets banned no one cares. No one in the accused alliance ever breaks a rule directly but clearly what has happened is bs and against the notion of fair competition.

And I find the concept of it being alt accounts of members less plausible because the impact of doing this needs to be big enough to have a member miss out on some level of in game rewards. No one would be losing out on aq or potentially aw season so that an alt can gift 1,000 units
    The guy who misses out gets extra gifts from the other 29 as a thank you for the inconvenience to him he could make way more off it.
    Tada.
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★

That video is hilarious, which part of the “we’re gunna lose top AQ let’s start a smear campaign” series is it?

Smear campaign?..... EVERYONE (at least at my level) been knowing MMXIV is cheaters for, ugh, ever!
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

What rule is the alliance breaking? If they arent breaking any rules then i would try talking about adding a new rule if needed instead of bashing an alliance for following the rules of the game.

Here’s how it works for those that haven’t heard....

They invite mercs, who use stolen credit card information to offer gifting items at a much reduced price. FOR EXAMPLE.. this year 10 GGC we’re going for $42-$45 from the ones I saw screenshots of (many many screenshots) - SO, it’s not even about breaking a kabam rule, though it certainly should be. The issue is kabam knows of these practices - which like Maladar said, is why they ended all gifting a long time ago. So I think the ask here, is not to let MMXIV (and other cheaters) to keep profiting and taking rank spots from others with their dirty, stolen money.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Csutton what proof do you have that they r cheating? It may appear like that but there is no proof! Everyone just keeps saying we know they cheat so they have to be cheating. Sorry, but i believe in innocent until proven guilty. Just because they are one of the top alliances doesn't automatically make them cheaters. Kabam brought this event back because tons of ppl were asking for it. Who knows, if kabam finds proof of them or anyone else cheating they may get punished in the near future. All I know is its against the rules to call out individuals or members on the forum so several ppl are breaking the rules in this post. But guess thats ok since they r talking about the big bad whales who have to be cheaters. It doesn't even make sense. Why would someone in a top alliance that has spent many thousands of dollars on their account risk getting banned to save a few bucks? If u can answer that question I may feel differently about this topic.
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

@Csutton what proof do you have that they r cheating? It may appear like that but there is no proof! Everyone just keeps saying we know they cheat so they have to be cheating. Sorry, but i believe in innocent until proven guilty. Just because they are one of the top alliances doesn't automatically make them cheaters. Kabam brought this event back because tons of ppl were asking for it. Who knows, if kabam finds proof of them or anyone else cheating they may get punished in the near future. All I know is its against the rules to call out individuals or members on the forum so several ppl are breaking the rules in this post. But guess thats ok since they r talking about the big bad whales who have to be cheaters. It doesn't even make sense. Why would someone in a top alliance that has spent many thousands of dollars on their account risk getting banned to save a few bucks? If u can answer that question I may feel differently about this topic.

It's funny how many people qoute how they are breaking laws and need to be punished without any proof of a crime. Which is slander which is a real crime in and of.itself that needs to be punished.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

Why would someone in a top alliance that has spent many thousands of dollars on their account risk getting banned to save a few bucks? If u can answer that question I may feel differently about this topic.

To beat people that have spent even more than they have. Pretty simple really
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Neotwism said:

You would have to ask one of the people in the alliance.. that being said back in season 3 or 4 of seasons MMX got docked due to cheating... this was not an accusation.. this was kabam reducing the points they got during the season.. i guess if you want you could on your tangent and say that kabam had no proof.. they got docked points several times in subsequent seasons.. again.. you can say kabam had no proof if you want.. however seeing this history.. i would guess that's why people are calling them cheaters.. but you are correct.. that is not proof..
  • Options
    @Doomsfist79 So kabam punishes them on several occasions in the past but u say this time they will just turn a blind eye and knowingly let them get away with it? You realize you are contradicting yourself, don't you?
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Neotwism said:

Plenty of proof.... Screenshots, names, prices, line app groups I’ve been in or known people in. This isnt a “maybe” or “prove it” type thing. It’s a well known cheat to the lowlifes that have the audacity to do it

• Options

• Options
    Neotwism said:

@Doomsfist79 So kabam punishes them on several occasions in the past but u say this time they will just turn a blind eye and knowingly let them get away with it? You realize you are contradicting yourself, don't you?

I’m going off what kabam has said.. again.. before you start posting your Ill informed opinions.. please do a little research ...
  • Options
    @Doomsfist79 When are you going to do a little research and start following the rules? Im sure if Kabam punishes you for breaking the rules then you will say its because they ignore the whales and pick on the little guy. Am I correct?
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

@Doomsfist79 When are you going to do a little research and start following the rules? Im sure if Kabam punishes you for breaking the rules then you will say its because they ignore the whales and pick on the little guy. Am I correct?

Which rules in particular am I not abiding by?
  • Options
    If you actually read them its not hard to figure out. This whole thread should be removed. @Doomsfist79
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

If you actually read them its not hard to figure out. This whole thread should be removed. @Doomsfist79

You do realize I was not the OP correct? I am responding to the OP.. also the OP was using a video to ask a question.. in his post he was not making accusations
  • Options
    You have named alliances you say are cheating and kabam is willfully ignoring. Seems to me that isn't allows according to the rules. This whole post accuses an alliance of cheating multiple times. That goes against the rules. That is all I am pointing out. @Doomsfist79
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

You have named alliances you say are cheating and kabam is willfully ignoring. Seems to me that isn't allows according to the rules. This whole post accuses an alliance of cheating multiple times. That goes against the rules. That is all I am pointing out. @Doomsfist79

Bro.. stop being an idiot.. no where in any of my posts did I name any alliances... nor did i accuse anyone specifically of cheating.. that was done in the video that started off this thread..
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Csutton said:

Just FYI, this might as well be a picture of Bigfoot. It doesn't prove anything and could've been done by anyone and faked.
  • Options

Csutton said:

Just FYI, this might as well be a picture of Bigfoot. It doesn't prove anything and could've been done by anyone and faked.
    Lol.. You’re not that ignorant are you? You’re just playing dumb, right?
    Also, it was just an example (as was requested previously.)
    Pretty much every player in all top allies knows/has known how this works and knows/has known, at least someone that’s participated in this.
  • Options
    Csutton said:

Csutton said:

Lol.. You’re not that ignorant are you? You’re just playing dumb, right?
    Also, it was just an example (as was requested previously.)
    Pretty much every player in all top allies knows/has known how this works and knows/has known, at least someone that’s participated in this.
    Would take me 7 second to make a second line acct and make that conversation.

Not saying it's fake but the possibility is there
  • Options
    Sank_10Sank_10 Posts: 11
    Its not only mmx. A couple of other alliances paid mercs to go into their alliance and gifted from the alliance to earn points. Easily 10-20 alt accounts going in and out per day during the gifting period. Each accounts contribute 200k-300k. These alliances will take top spots in gifting rank rewards by paying mercs. Not kabam.

Easy solution is to ignore points from “members withdrawn” and only count gifting points from accounts that are still inside the alliance by the end of the event.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I don't see any rules being broken. You can gift to anyone in the game. They are bringing them into the alliance for the points only which isn't against any rule I can find. Only issue I'd have is if they are stealing credit card info again like in the past. Does it make them look like jerks, sure, but when has that ever stopped MMX from doing anything. 99% of the player base won't be effected as they'll out spend most anyone anyway. If the gifting is done with their actual money and not stolen, I could care less.

This is why Kabam is damned no matter what with this event.

I'm afraid this is it. Unless the Units are being acquired by illegal means, you are allowed to have multiple Accounts, you are allowed to join other Alliances, and you are allowed to participate in Gifting. Bottom line is, as unfair as it is, it's not against any known rules.