**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Vision Aarkus - Unfair synergy & Missing informations

Hello there !

I've just pulled Vision Aarkus and ranked him up to rank 4, rank 5 in standby.
I really love this champion BUT there are 2 disappointing points.

1) The informations for his SP2 are missing (same with Medusa for her SP3) in French.

2) His synergy "First of his name" should be reworked ! Indeed, this is a very unfair synergy because OG Vision is rare (you need to spend $/€ and/or units to get him) and Vision (Age of Ultron) doesn't even exist in 5-6* !
How are we supposed to play this synergy without them whereas this is a very interesting synergy if we want to use his full potential ?
Maybe developpers could implement a third champion in this synergy or separate it in two synergies, it could be a great move for those who don't want to get OG Vision because he is useless or just because we don't want to spend units on him just for one synergy !

I'm posting here because nobody reads the champion spotlights :(

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Dude chill out some synergy’s are harder to obtain and is this synergy even that OP? No it’s not It only effects tech characters who use metal and gives them slight ability Accuracy reduction and power gain. I don’t see why it’s such a big problem I get it vision doesn’t exist as a 5 or 6 star then use the 4 star version at rank 5 it’s the equivalent of a rank 3 5 star and I highly doubt you would take him pas rank 4! As for OG vision idk he is a paywall. Main reason thing here the synergy isn’t that good just chill out man. P:S they probably should fix the things in French.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Jack0312 said:

@will-o-wisp @solopolo
    This is not a matter of a synergy "accessible to everyone", this is a matter of a synergy you can use just by opening a crytsal.
    I may be wrong, but this is the only synergy in the game where you have to spend money or units.
    THIS is unfair !

We had two options till now : spending in crystals to get heroes faster OR grinding shards to open crystals.
    This synergy is sending the message that you have to spend money/units to use a synergy, especially in act6 where we can't use 4 star version of Vision AOU !

Where have you seen this before ? Spending thousands of units just for ONE synergy for ONE champ only ?!

Again, the offer was accessible to everyone. That's literally what fair means.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Jack0312 said:

solopolo said:

Jack0312 said:

@will-o-wisp @solopolo
    This is not a matter of a synergy "accessible to everyone", this is a matter of a synergy you can use just by opening a crytsal.
    I may be wrong, but this is the only synergy in the game where you have to spend money or units.
    THIS is unfair !

We had two options till now : spending in crystals to get heroes faster OR grinding shards to open crystals.
    This synergy is sending the message that you have to spend money/units to use a synergy, especially in act6 where we can't use 4 star version of Vision AOU !

Where have you seen this before ? Spending thousands of units just for ONE synergy for ONE champ only ?!

Again, the offer was accessible to everyone. That's literally what fair means.
    @solopolo OFFERS that not everyone can afford !!!
    Last time it appeared it was about 1 Odin (3k units), this is not a permanent champ you can get in crystals, and this is why this is unfair !
    Again, it doesn't matter if you can afford it. It was available to you at the same price everyone else got.

Also, 3k units is easy to grind in arenas. You don't even have to spend money. Even casual grinding will get you there in a few weeks.
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    I'm grinding in arenas, but I prefer spending my units in cavalier crystals rather than in an useless champ !
    Plus, this offer lasts for only 24 hours. When it appears you don't have time to grind enough to get it !
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    He’s desired for synergies but useless? (There are more than just Aarkus.)

You had me until you said crystals were a better investment of units and vision was useless despite desirable synergies.

Bro just put aside the units you’d spend on 10 3* champs; you have until Kabam need another unit sink which is almost certainly just prior to July 4th.
  • LogarooLogaroo Posts: 100
    There are synergies my champs have with Thanos and Kang and even Goldpool Those champs aren't readily available either. In fact, they are harder to obtain. I don't really spend but I did get OG vision by saving units. He was a guaranteed 5* vs buying crystals hoping to get one of the other rare champs.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

@will-o-wisp @solopolo
    THIS is unfair !

I will repeat. If you want to use it on a specific content, you will be required to meet specific requirements, such as having specific champions for it.

You CAN use it on almost everywhere. You DO get the required champions by opening crystals.
    What you want is an higher lvl of such specific champions, to use it on a more specific content. Therefore you will have to accomplish certain requirements to have them, which is buying them in this case
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

It's unfair because you have tu buy an USELESS champ to activate this synergy !
    And you are very dishonest with your last comment !
    If you quote me, quote the whole comment : "This offer lasts for only 24 hours. When it appears you don't have time to grind enough to get it !"

You're suggesting me to grind BUT the offer doesn't last enough time to grind...
    So you're forced to spend money if you want to play Aarkus with his full potential.
    This is unfair.

But you know the offer comes around periodically. 5* Vision has been offered 3 times or more. You've got more than just 24 hours to grind the units. If you want the offer, start grinding now. The price has come down with each subsequent offer, but I'd recommend banking at least 3k units and have them on-hand at all times. That way you're ready the next time he rolls around.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

@will-o-wisp @solopolo
    THIS is unfair !

But you can use this synergy without spending units. Vision (AoU) is available as a 3* and a 4*, both Visions are available as a 2* and a 1*, and all are possible to obtain without spending units.

While it's true that to date, you need to spend units to activate this synergy anywhere where 4* and lower champs are restricted, that's pretty limited. You can still use this synergy in Acts 1-5, Road to Labyrinth, Realm of Legends, Labyrinth of Legends, Monthly Event Quests, Daily Quests, and several Variant maps. I'd hardly consider this synergy prohibitively limited.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    is he still broken or is he working as intended? did they adress his awesome damage?? or are they gonna rebalance it or something? and for synergy u just gotta wait for vision aol to drop in 5 or 6* mean whilee u can use this synergy with 4* every where except for act 6 if you really wanna use it
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Jack0312 said:

I'm grinding in arenas, but I prefer spending my units in cavalier crystals rather than in an useless champ !
    Plus, this offer lasts for only 24 hours. When it appears you don't have time to grind enough to get it !

I would argue that a bunch of three stars are a lot less useful than a decent 6 star!
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    Kalantak said:

is he still broken or is he working as intended? did they adress his awesome damage?? or are they gonna rebalance it or something? and for synergy u just gotta wait for vision aol to drop in 5 or 6* mean whilee u can use this synergy with 4* every where except for act 6 if you really wanna use it

Im tempted to rank my 5* at least to r4,but we really need to know if they are going to keep this awesome accident buff or make him a forever R1.
    They should because is not like his overpowered with the bug, this just make him a playable fun character
    @Jokepool he's not broken at all !
    Okay, he shatters the opponent's armor even if he already has an armor shattered BUT remember that if you're trying to convert armor breaks into armor shattered, armor shattered will last longer if you have 10 armor breaks than if you have only 3...
    I'm pushing my chap3 in variant 1 with him, the second armor shattered doesn't last enough time to be "game changer"

You can rank him up to R5, trust me, it's worth it !
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    Jack0312 said:

Hello there !

1) The informations for his SP2 are missing (same with Medusa for her SP3) in French.

2) His synergy "First of his name" should be reworked ! Indeed, this is a very unfair synergy because OG Vision is rare (you need to spend $/€ and/or units to get him) and Vision (Age of Ultron) doesn't even exist in 5-6* !
    How are we supposed to play this synergy without them whereas this is a very interesting synergy if we want to use his full potential ?
    Maybe developpers could implement a third champion in this synergy or separate it in two synergies, it could be a great move for those who don't want to get OG Vision because he is useless or just because we don't want to spend units on him just for one synergy !

You don't even need OG Vision to activate the synergy so what are you whining about?
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

Jack0312 said:

Hello there !

You don't even need OG Vision to activate the synergy so what are you whining about?
    Cant bring aou vision in act 6 as he's not available as a 5&6*
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Jack0312 said:

It's unfair because you have tu buy an USELESS champ to activate this synergy !
    And you are very dishonest with your last comment !
    If you quote me, quote the whole comment : "This offer lasts for only 24 hours. When it appears you don't have time to grind enough to get it !"

You're suggesting me to grind BUT the offer doesn't last enough time to grind...
    So you're forced to spend money if you want to play Aarkus with his full potential.
    This is unfair.

I think they are suggesting you grind now, and save your resources for offers that come along later. Like normal people do.
  • @Jack0312 people have given fair and sound advice pertaining to this. Fact is, you CAN prepare for the next time 5 and 6* OG Vision come around to eventually utilize this synergy in Act 6. I on the other hand may NEVER get 5 or 6* Masacre (just as a real world example) from a Crystal to get my full Incinerate Trinity synergy going in Act 6 to go with my Domino and Rulk.

If anything, OG Vision being purchasable opens his availability to anyone willing to either pay on the spot, or grind and save for him. While you may not agree with Kabam putting him behind a would be 'paywall' it's technically not a legitimate one. He can in fact be earned without cash. Whether you have the patience and resolve for such an endeavor is another thing entirely. That's completely on you.

Personally, I'm saving for his next appearance. I've wanted him for awhile, but had other things in mind for my units in the past. Now, I'm prepping myself for it. It's a choice, like many things in this game. He's been available for purchase for a longtime and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The biggest stab is the 4* or less tier restrictions in Act 6, not his availability. Just the same, it is what it is. That's how Act 6 works. You seem to be complacent with this aspect, but not the longer running aspect of OG Vision being a purchasable Champion.
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    Jack0312 said:

@Jokepool he's not broken at all !
    Okay, he shatters the opponent's armor even if he already has an armor shattered BUT remember that if you're trying to convert armor breaks into armor shattered, armor shattered will last longer if you have 10 armor breaks than if you have only 3...
    I'm pushing my chap3 in variant 1 with him, the second armor shattered doesn't last enough time to be "game changer"

You can rank him up to R5, trust me, it's worth it !

Without that damage e get because of this bug he is just not worthy the rank up competitive to other cosmic champs
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I followed the discussion and I can say both sides have a point. It is unfair there is no 5* alternative to have this synergy but to buy the offer. Especially as you need it twice, OG Vision is useless without his sig.

But, the offer can be bought with in-game currency. As it is periodical, you can have months to prepare for it. The OP's inability to have restraint is no excuse.

I do compare it with UC: you can only buy him as well. Nobody complains about that.

@Thesurvivlist Vision AOU doesn't exist in 5 or 6 star but OG Vision does.
    This is why I'm "whining", the only way to activate it, for act6, is to spend $ and/or units.

I followed the discussion and I can say both sides have a point. It is unfair there is no 5* alternative to have this synergy but to buy the offer. Especially as you need it twice, OG Vision is useless without his sig.

But, the offer can be bought with in-game currency. As it is periodical, you can have months to prepare for it. The OP's inability to have restraint is no excuse.

I do compare it with UC: you can only buy him as well. Nobody complains about that.

@Colonaut123 the difference is that you don't need UC ONLY for a synergy.
    Where UC is required for a synergy, you also have Juggernaut (which is available in crystals).
    Here, Vision AOU is not available in 5-6* and OG Vision is only purchasable with units and/or $ !
This discussion has been closed.