**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who is worthy of a Tech AG?

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
edited January 2020 in Strategy and Tips

I just got Starlord. I know he was a beast once upon a time. Is he still worth awakening? My top options are obviously between:
Starlord and IMIW.
Use it on one of the two or save?

Who is worthy of a Tech AG? 27 votes

Starlord
37%
Kamikaze_TurtleBrokenStarKillerVIIChampioncriticFhfjghhggggjfhfjgEtjamaDead1Skillful_starMephistoDrperiodTim 10 votes
Iron Man IW
7%
Giodood_1Toastbuster 2 votes
Save
55%
MagicBentonSpity68DOKTOROKTOPUSKennadosolopoloDankestChefRakeYoungAmazing_Demon05TheDuke899J0eySn0wShadyFreakDevilMayCrySean_WhoTheNickster204dlai 15 votes

Comments

• Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Starlord
    Yeah I'd use it on starlord he's the only tech champ(aside than maybe darkhawk) that is absolutely useless without the dupe. And he's still amazing. Not much utility but if you need raw damage. Still very high damage capability.
  • DevilMayCryDevilMayCry Posts: 77
    Save
    You have 5R5 sparky and 5R4 sentinel and doc ock. So I don't think awakening StarLord is necessary for you to progress, it will be more of a fun to play awakening.

IMIW still good on defence and has some specific uses on attack. If your alliance needs a better defender may be as he becomes more annoying when awakened at low health.

It is probably best to save for a tech who you will R4/R5 maybe ghost or if hulkbuster buff is good and he needs his sig or someone else.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Save

You have 5R5 sparky and 5R4 sentinel and doc ock. So I don't think awakening StarLord is necessary for you to progress, it will be more of a fun to play awakening.

IMIW still good on defence and has some specific uses on attack. If your alliance needs a better defender may be as he becomes more annoying when awakened at low health.

It is probably best to save for a tech who you will R4/R5 maybe ghost or if hulkbuster buff is good and he needs his sig or someone else.

You making a good point. Thanks.
    I have the Stealth Spidey for IMIW synergy. That's my main reason for considering him, didn't think defense wise. But makes him more versatile than Starlord.
  • DevilMayCryDevilMayCry Posts: 77
    Save
    J0eySn0w said:

You making a good point. Thanks.
    I have the Stealth Spidey for IMIW synergy. That's my main reason for considering him, didn't think defense wise. But makes him more versatile than Starlord.
    IMIW is awesome utility wise. He was my korg counter for a long time when I don't have OR. Also that synergy helps to let you fight way less aggressively to maintain plasma.

He is great counter to V3 final kang as well.

But his sig ability grants him more passive armor and generates more power once less than at 15% health. This is more of defensive utility in my personal opinion.

Technically you could let your opponent intentionally hit you and go down to 15% and then autoblock and fight back. But don't know if that is doable while attacking.