**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question. Is Nick Fury's sig ability considered a "healing ability"? If not..

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
Why does this node prevent his second phase?
Referring specifically to the Cap fight on the skill gate in 624. Am I missing something?

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Hopefully I can get some clarification on this.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    the answer is yes.. I've experienced this one. My health remains at 1%
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

Thanks for this! To be honest I'm still a little confused 😅.. is he saying it's intended or not? They refer to degen, but the node interaction I'm looking at here is a heal prevention. Not sure, but the degen sounds like a separate issue? It does sound like they are describing that..mechanically Fury's ability is working the same way a regen works even though this is not accurate according to his written description?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Thanks for this! To be honest I'm still a little confused 😅.. is he saying it's intended or not? They refer to degen, but the node interaction I'm looking at here is a heal prevention. Not sure, but the degen sounds like a separate issue? It does sound like they are describing that..mechanically Fury's ability is working the same way a regen works even though this is not accurate according to his written description?
    Exactly, it’s addressing two issues associated with the node. They are saying that his second life does count as a heal though.

It’s clearer here.

• CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Right.... Cuz technically he’s not “healing”..... the decoy is being replaced by the real nick fury. Hopefully this will all be cleared up and addressed. Don’t care, either way is fine. We just need to know.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    It interacts with passive heap block. If you are fast enough, you can apply a neurotoxin with arachangel while he is regening. I’m assuming mysterio can apply his passive heal block if you kill fake nick with light 3.
  • You can refer to this more exhaustive thread regarding Fury against the new “Heal Prevention” (aka Thanos AQ Boss).

It includes 2 Issues, the continued Degen below 30% afterwards (noted as being fixed in upcoming version), and the lack of full health in general when coming out of Decoy mode (which some of the copied replies are taken from).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/162233/aq-thanos-heal-prevention-whats-this-garbage#latest

• Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Basically there is no logical reason for it and its just as someone mentioned before "Because Kabam says so"

The thread would be closed soon enough like others that have asked for further clarification and explanation.

His description does not say heal anywhere in it, nor does his spotlight.

He is immune to heal block when he goes up to 100% when his sig is triggered. Again this interaction is not mentioned anywhere. It does clearly say he is stun immune. Any other debuffs placed while he goes back up to 100% are applied and stick. Once he begins to degen you can then place heal block debuffs like normal. This suggests the signature ability was not intended to be prevented. However there is an exception which is MODOK who can prevent the sig ability with his sp1. This though looks like an oversight as he reverses the regen passively rather then via a debuff.

Just because its mechanically worked like that means nothing. There is many cases of game mechanics that haven't fit the original intention. Saying its always worked that way and you won't change it because of that then changing something like she hulks heavy even though its always mechanically worked like that is just contradictory.

This is simply a way for them to reduce the effectiveness of Nick fury without changing the champion.
  • SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    edited January 2020
    Basically Kabam screwed up in the way they programmed the ability, and instead of fixing it have decided to double down on the lie that this is how it was intended, even though it's COMPLETELY ANTITHETICAL to the way it's described in his abilities. Congrats, you've been shafted.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 526 ★★★
    Found this out the hard way. Did map 4 for the first time and brought fury. Plan was to build special 3, get deep bleed, then crank special 3 when I got real fury. Except Thanos just killed me... Didn’t know that was “healing” either.
This discussion has been closed.