**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Vision Aarkus Compensation

UnleashingChaosUnleashingChaos Posts: 244 ★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Will there be any compensation for fixing the major bug on this champ? He had been bugged for months now and is in fact still bugged. (Inflicts 1 armor break after armor shatter) Those who ranked him up ranked him because of his performance with the bug and were unaware of it. Now their resources are gone and their vision will be significantly less effective. This can in no way be a silent fix without any consequences and should have champion specific rank down tickets. She hulk got hers for a simple heavy fix so I think aarkus owners should get theirs too.

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    It's quite interesting. They haven't touched the bug for months, which is usually never the case when a bug is encountered that benefits the player. I hope they let this be and change the description.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Except anyone who read his abilities would've immediately noticed it was bugged. I tested mine in RoL WS then read his abilities and knew it was bugged.
    Also in no way is this a silent fix since people have brought the bug up multiple times. Mind you they all asked for it not to be fixed but everyone who used him knew he was bugged. No rdts will be issued for bug fixes
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I actually think this 'bug' is a nice addition to the champion, and I think Kabam should leave this feature on him. He doesn't have any immunities, neither does he have the largest amount of utility. But this damage combined with his utility is so dang nice to see.
    I even think that if you made it so that extra armor shatters had less potency (say the second armor shatter had half its normal potency WHILE THERE WERE TWO ARMOR SHATTERS on the opponent, I think that'd work okay...), then that would be fine. But I do think that his bugged state is pretty cool to see, and really if Kabam left this as is and updated his description to align with how he currently is, I really wouldn't be surprised.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I feel similar with my warlock, I r2 him maybe only 2 weeks ago based on the way his abilities were working in game but now find out he’s being “fixed” to only reduce offensive ability accuracy, how as players are we meant to know what’s right and wrong when in the past descriptions have been changed to match what’s happening in game and vice versa?

It’s a massive grey area and needs to be stopped to stop players getting dicked over and potentially wasting precious rank up resources that in some cases are actually purchased with real money.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Markjv81 said:

I feel similar with my warlock, I r2 him maybe only 2 weeks ago based on the way his abilities were working in game but now find out he’s being “fixed” to only reduce offensive ability accuracy, how as players are we meant to know what’s right and wrong when in the past descriptions have been changed to match what’s happening in game and vice versa?

It’s a massive grey area and needs to be stopped to stop players getting dicked over and potentially wasting precious rank up resources that in some cases are actually purchased with real money.

I get what you are saying buy warlock having both offensive and defensive aar would be a bit overpowered since he is already a top tier tech champion. Such is not the case for aarkus. Kabam just needs to address bug fixes like these better.
    He wouldn’t be too overpowered because that’s the way he has always functioned in game, fixing the bug makes him a lesser champion. You obviously thought Aarkus with the bug was overpowered as well otherwise why would you have ranked him up?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

you're mad that a champ who's supposed to reduce only offensive abilities is now reducing only offensive abilities. Makes complete sense to me, time to riot!
  • Hey there, the issue with Vision (Aarkus) needed to be resolved because he was not functioning as he was supposed to and was able to do things his abilities explicitly said he was not able to do. Since his release, his abilities stated that his opponents cannot suffer from further Armor Break Debuffs while they are already under the effect of his Armor Shatter. The fix was also included in the patch notes here and needed to be implemented to make sure the Champion was working as designed. I hope that helps clear things up!
This discussion has been closed.