**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Squirrel store - mediocre rewards

Comments

• xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    Flush said:

Flush said:

I think its stupid low level player who can collect 1m acorns but cant spend them cause they haven't dont act4 or uncollected yet will never able reach top milestones for solo event, very smart kabam whats point even trying collect them

Is recommend pushing before the end of the event. My mini hit proven yesterday and I plan on pushing to uncollected before end of event to cash in (despite having only one r3 4* as a top champ).
    With account im playing and roster ive got its impossible reach that im trying do monthly quets while doing aw and aq my champs not always available, also only act1 cleared
    If you are only at act 1 then what will you even do with a 5 star awakening gem lol.
    This is progression based content. The 1 million is likely to be hit by uncollected or higher. People that actually need and deserve the endgame stuff. Just work your way up like everybody and enjoy 3 and 4 star shards.
  • Personally I have found in previous months the need for daily diligence in order to maximise rewards very tedious. I can 100% Uncollected, master and do a few of these acorn path things and I’m done. I don’t have to worry about grinding hard.

This extra leeway is glorious
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Awakening gems, crystal shards, catalysts... What more do you want?
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★

I am an end game player and I think this event is awesome. There are good high level rewards in this. The additional lower level stuff is great because I hardly ever take the time to grind those anymore and they are useful to do ranks up for the solo event, arena, etc. The fact that we can earn 2 mil and only need 1 mil is a very good thing. That means you do not have to grind something out every single day to get the best rewards from the event. People like the OP are very annoying. We can complain when bad events are put out like some of last year's garbage, but damn give Kabam some props when they give us events like this. Quality feedback helps us get quality events.

That's what I'm saying! I think they did a good job, but I'm trying to give advice on how they can do even better! This would be for next time they do something like this a few months to a year down the road, I'm trying to give advice on how the store can be further improved. Overall, I agree, they have done a good job on this event so they do deserve the props, I'm just saying the way that they can make this even better in the future is give us the flexibility to spend all 1 million acorns on 5 star shards if we CHOOSE to. At the moment, you're sort of forced to buy everything to hit the milestone which kind of screws with the appeal of these stores in the past; to spend your currency where you want to and manage it. They've done well with this event, but they can do even better if they let us choose what we wanna buy! For example, there could be someone out there who really needs 5 star shards, so they spend all 1 million to get a ton of 5 star shards instead of a bit over 100k for 10k 5 star shards, then the other 900,000 on stuff they don't want/need as much.Replace the analogy with one of the items in the store that isn't too rare but you need quite a bit and ask yourself; "Would I rather spend a fraction of my acorns to get a small amount of this item and other stuff I don't really need, or all of my acorns on this item I really want and need, no matter how expensive".
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Felganos said:

I am an end game player and I think this event is awesome. There are good high level rewards in this. The additional lower level stuff is great because I hardly ever take the time to grind those anymore and they are useful to do ranks up for the solo event, arena, etc. The fact that we can earn 2 mil and only need 1 mil is a very good thing. That means you do not have to grind something out every single day to get the best rewards from the event. People like the OP are very annoying. We can complain when bad events are put out like some of last year's garbage, but damn give Kabam some props when they give us events like this. Quality feedback helps us get quality events.

That's what I'm saying! I think they did a good job, but I'm trying to give advice on how they can do even better! This would be for next time they do something like this a few months to a year down the road, I'm trying to give advice on how the store can be further improved. Overall, I agree, they have done a good job on this event so they do deserve the props, I'm just saying the way that they can make this even better in the future is give us the flexibility to spend all 1 million acorns on 5 star shards if we CHOOSE to. At the moment, you're sort of forced to buy everything to hit the milestone which kind of screws with the appeal of these stores in the past; to spend your currency where you want to and manage it. They've done well with this event, but they can do even better if they let us choose what we wanna buy! For example, there could be someone out there who really needs 5 star shards, so they spend all 1 million to get a ton of 5 star shards instead of a bit over 100k for 10k 5 star shards, then the other 900,000 on stuff they don't want/need as much.Replace the analogy with one of the items in the store that isn't too rare but you need quite a bit and ask yourself; "Would I rather spend a fraction of my acorns to get a small amount of this item and other stuff I don't really need, or all of my acorns on this item I really want and need, no matter how expensive".
    That part on choosing what to buy comes later. Miike already said there will be other stuff for purchase when players clean out the store.

Stocking up on T2/3C crystals is awesome for emergencies.
    xNig said:

Felganos said:

That part on choosing what to buy comes later. Miike already said there will be other stuff for purchase when players clean out the store.

Wait what? Do you have a quote/link for that? I haven't heard anything about that haha. Depending on what that stuff is that could seriously change this for me
    Felganos said:

xNig said:

Felganos said:

Wait what? Do you have a quote/link for that? I haven't heard anything about that haha. Depending on what that stuff is that could seriously change this for me
    Read it somewhere on the forums. Not gonna dig through all the complaint threads though.
    xNig said:

Felganos said:

xNig said:

Felganos said:

Read it somewhere on the forums. Not gonna dig through all the complaint threads though.
    Fair enough haha, thanks for letting me know where to look!
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    Felganos said:

Lvernon15 said:

Whodis said:

I like he assumes at the end of the post that he represents the majority of players

Yep, he probably represents that 1% that can’t be happy with anything at all, also funny how he says you have to buy everything in the store, like that’s an issue, you can get 2x the amount of acorns needed to buy everything
    You do need to buy everything to hit the 1 million points milestone. and again, let me ask you; would you rather use your acorns on a t1cc or 5/6 star shards? Not trying to go out on a limb here but I'd say 5/6 star shards. Sorry if I'm part of the 1 percent minority that thinks that.
    But you do get to buy 5 and 6* shards in the store. Its evenly balanced out for all players, not just endgamers. For you to say there should be more 5 and 6* shards, you'd probably then turn around and complain that the newer players shouldn't be rewarded the same amount as players who have been playing for years. It's a free event, gives everyone the same chance to obtain the same rewards, isn't too difficult or unreasonable to hit the 1m and get some decent stuff along the way so just be happy with it.
    tidusx2jr said:

Felganos said:

Lvernon15 said:

Whodis said:

I like he assumes at the end of the post that he represents the majority of players

Yep, he probably represents that 1% that can’t be happy with anything at all, also funny how he says you have to buy everything in the store, like that’s an issue, you can get 2x the amount of acorns needed to buy everything
    You do need to buy everything to hit the 1 million points milestone. and again, let me ask you; would you rather use your acorns on a t1cc or 5/6 star shards? Not trying to go out on a limb here but I'd say 5/6 star shards. Sorry if I'm part of the 1 percent minority that thinks that.
    But you do get to buy 5 and 6* shards in the store. Its evenly balanced out for all players, not just endgamers. For you to say there should be more 5 and 6* shards, you'd probably then turn around and complain that the newer players shouldn't be rewarded the same amount as players who have been playing for years. It's a free event, gives everyone the same chance to obtain the same rewards, isn't too difficult or unreasonable to hit the 1m and get some decent stuff along the way so just be happy with it.
    If you mean new based on time played but equal skill and level, no that shouldn't influence it. Buuut if we're talking about a proven/uncollected player vs cavalier, the higher tier players should definetely get a better shot at these valuable resources than them. If they aren't given a better shot, it shows that by making that progression, rewards aren't getting much better (it shows that message), which blatantly shouldn't be the case. I think a slight problem with most of the events and side quests now is that uncollected and Cavalier players are being grouped together, and with the ever growing content gap between endgame players and uncollected players, it robs very high end players of the opportunity to get more valuable resources. This is ever present in the fact that highest eq difficulty is uncollected, side quest is epic, and that in the squirrel store, you only need to be uncollected to unlock everything. The stuff in the squirrel store is catered towards an uncollected/high tier uncollected player, the problem is now we have high end cavaliers who are gearing up for 6.4 and slowly but surely, that content gap and desire for higher resources is increasing more and more.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

@Felganos ☝️
    Don't get your hopes up - 'some small things' lol
    xNig said:

Felganos said:

Again, I am grateful for this event and think it's a really good concept! My problem is that you're forced to use about half of the acorns you need to hit the 1 mil milestone on pointless items that are useless to high/endgame players. I believe we should be able to buy more 5 and 6 star shards. That and I'm just wondering; If it's possible to get 2 million acorns but buying everything in the shop costs 1 million, what do we do with the other 1 mil acorns?

I'm 90% sure you're not in that "high/end game" player group though...
    Man I'm doing 6.3
    edited January 2020
    Oh...Okay....

The 315k profile that I saw should be your alt then..
    xNig said:

Oh...Okay....

I only have low tbr cuz I didn't really rank up any 4 stars lmao. farming some t4cc to get more r5 5s.
    xNig said:

Oh...Okay....

Also no offence, but did you really feel the need to dig through my forum account to find my ign? XD
  • Hey if I buy all the 4 shares I can will it refresh in the squirrel store so I can get more
    Cage_1 said:

Its free, its a side event so dont expect it to give you a ton of 5 and 6 star shards. Just say thanks for what they give you and move on! They are not obliged to give you anything! And they do. So move on

Actually, considering we pay money to fund this game and when we spend money to fund it we expect new content, they are obliged to give us new content.
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Maybe the smaller items are to help you acquire the special objectives.... like leveling 2,3* champs. I can tell you I haven’t done anything to acquire t1cc in years.. so being able to just grab one to get the 2* level up (and the 3* for t2cc) was actually nice. It’s true those cats won’t help with my next 5/65 or r2 6* but they did serve a purpose for this event
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Felganos said:

Cage_1 said:

Its free, its a side event so dont expect it to give you a ton of 5 and 6 star shards. Just say thanks for what they give you and move on! They are not obliged to give you anything! And they do. So move on

Actually, considering we pay money to fund this game and when we spend money to fund it we expect new content, they are obliged to give us new content.
    We always get new content (even tho CAVALIER difficulty is NEEDED, like months ago..)
    Doesn’t sound like the beef is with new content. It sounds like a bunch of folks crying cuz the free stuff they get with the side event doesn’t flood them with more 5/6* shards. It’s a fact, this side quest offers rewards MUCH MUCH better than the majority of past side events
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★

Hey if I buy all the 4 shares I can will it refresh in the squirrel store so I can get more

Nope, the squirrel store is a one and done, no refreshing.
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 188
    As has already been said several times by reading the threads, the squirrel store is hogwash. Plain and simple. Some of us endgame content players may reach the 1Mill mark, but, what's the point in using your acorns to buy stuff if, once you "max out" that item by purchasing what you are allowed, it's no longer available?! I mean, CMON KABAM! If I wanted to have a store that I buy stuff then get screwed from buying any items again for a week or more, I can just buy the sigil, which is a joke in and of itself.

Don't get my wrong, I still enjoy playing the game. But, limiting summoners by only allowing the purchase of so many of a certain item, then closing that item down just seems short sited to say the least.

This game could be SO AWESOME. But, time and time again, Kabam shows how amazingly messed up they can make it. *shakes head*
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★

As has already been said several times by reading the threads, the squirrel store is hogwash. Plain and simple. Some of us endgame content players may reach the 1Mill mark, but, what's the point in using your acorns to buy stuff if, once you "max out" that item by purchasing what you are allowed, it's no longer available?! I mean, CMON KABAM! If I wanted to have a store that I buy stuff then get screwed from buying any items again for a week or more, I can just buy the sigil, which is a joke in and of itself.

Don't get my wrong, I still enjoy playing the game. But, limiting summoners by only allowing the purchase of so many of a certain item, then closing that item down just seems short sited to say the least.

This game could be SO AWESOME. But, time and time again, Kabam shows how amazingly messed up they can make it. *shakes head*

That's exactly what balances and limits the Reward availability. These things are limited so progress can be spaced out. They try to accommodate as many growth points as possible while still allowing people to have some choice. It's impossible to suit everything to everyone's personal needs, but there's something for everyone. There wouldn't be much game balance at all if they just gave an unlimited amount of whatever people wanted. They're planned and accounted for over the course of the year.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Some of us endgame content players may reach the 1Mill mark, but, what's the point in using your acorns to buy stuff if, once you "max out" that item by purchasing what you are allowed, it's no longer available?!

1. The only way an endgame content player isn't going to reach one million acorns is if they forget to play the game this month.

2. The point of buying things is to have those things. The point is not normally to watch the store restock the item.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Onmix said:

I’ve never seen so many of the forum regulars agree.

Kind of surprised myself. Usually when someone complains about rewards there's a split between those who agree there should be significantly more rewards and those who disagree and think the reward level is reasonable or better. This event seems to be producing a 90/10 split or higher. The last time I saw anything like that was maybe the Gwenpool goes to the movies event.
    DNA3000 said:

Onmix said:

I’ve never seen so many of the forum regulars agree.

Kind of surprised myself. Usually when someone complains about rewards there's a split between those who agree there should be significantly more rewards and those who disagree and think the reward level is reasonable or better. This event seems to be producing a 90/10 split or higher. The last time I saw anything like that was maybe the Gwenpool goes to the movies event.
    Oh, I loved that event! It's how I got my 5 star stark spidey haha