**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I feel like not releasing the 6* r4 materials is a bit rubbish

2»

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Rap said:

I know where the stuff is in the game. I have a 857k overall rating. I grind and play more than you probably. I am a free player and it appears one of the few left in the forum. I avail myself of every one of those sources! The only source i do not avail myself of is the unit store offers and the rediculous unit offers. If you are a spender, whale or even just in a gold tier alliance member your experience and the degree of availabilty of these items is different! You can buy anything in this game! And top alliances have always had near exclusive access to the higher tier ranking items...i got 50 5s and 1/2 a t5b! And i been buying from the glory story using every but of glory i can...so yeah! 50 champs 6 awakened...and at this point that is too slow! And straight up! 4500 shards for something like 160k worth of nuts in the squirrel store is laughable!

You aren't even in a gold alliance? It sounds like your progress is too slow because you haven't progressed to a better alliance.
    I don't even know what being in a gold alliance has to do with anything here. It sounds like someone who has a vague idea that "gold alliance" means "high alliance" means something something. But actually, when we're talking about rank up materials AQ generally has a far bigger impact than AW.

A Gold 1 AW alliance is going to get 9k T5B (20%), 18k T2A (50%), one T4CC crystal, and whatever drops out of three war crystals, once every six weeks. In the same six weeks you'll cycle through about five AQ weeks (eight days). Even a map 3/4 alliance is going to get enough glory to buy at least 4500 T5B fragments every week (1850 glory): that's 22500 T5B fragments. Plus a ton of AQ Map crystals.

The Platinum and Master rewards get interesting when it comes to T5B, if that's your bottleneck. But outside of that AQ tends to be more rank up resource profitable than AW. And it doesn't take a huge amount of effort to extract significant value out of the glory store.
    Sure. But not a lot of Silver alliances are running higher AQ maps. If you've been playing the game for awhile and you run war but aren't even hitting gold, something is wrong lol
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

_ASDF_ said:

It’s like people think that kabam is a non-profit. They aren’t going to release R4s until all the whales are properly milked. Line them up. Watch them spend thousands clearing the abyss. And then Start charging them $100 for 10% of a T3A every 3 months until 6.5 is released. That’ll be when the rest of the community can finally complete the whole chapter for their first R4.

If they allowed the first people into the abyss with R4 6*s... they could actually one shot those champs.... and lose out on tens of thousands of dollars.

You're not entirely wrong, but that's actually not taking the thought process to its logical conclusion. The correct conclusion is if Kabam thought R4s were going to exist at or soon after the Abyss launched, the content would have been designed on the assumption that players were going to be bringing R4s in the first place. It would be harder, so R4's wouldn't have an advantage. Instead, R3s (and the players using them) would be at a disadvantage.

It is true that Kabam like all game operators has to make money, but like most F2P operators they have to decide what to sell. If they sell a "thing" that thing becomes a paywall to the game: buy the thing, or not have the thing. Instead, Kabam sells speed, and they sell it to the impatient. If you're patient you can eventually do everything for free. If you want to do it now, you'll need some combination of skill, roster, and resources, and two of those require either a lot of time invested in the game or a lot of money spent in the game, or some combination of both to get quickly. By selling speed rather than paywall items the only paywall that really exists is impatience.

The whales get there first, the hard core players that aren't whales get there second, and everyone else follows. In order for this model to work, there has to be a "there" for whales to get to first, or you won't have any whales. And without them, you have to charge everyone else more for everything else to make up the difference.
    Sup @DNA3000 I never actually looked at it as Kabam selling speed. With that way of thinking than it would make sense for the rewards to be r3 6 star material. With the amount of money you would have to invest for exploration and how many deaths you have to do for each fight I guess I personally don't see it as worth it but yes 4 r3 6 stars will pretty much end the prestige race for quite some time so it wouldn't make sense to have r4 6 star materials.

I still contest that this difficulty would only make it worth it for "me" personally and most quasi end game players that have completed 90-99% of all game content to have r4 6 star materials.

• dononedonone Posts: 47
    The only advice I can give is to hoard resources until you get the champs you want . Do not rank up anyone you do no use.

Once uncollected stop ranking up 4 stars.

Also once you make cavalier, focus on 6 stars.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I've mentioned this before, but I don't mind reiterating. When you're increasing the ceiling in a game such as this one, it affects a number of complex systems like the Arena, AQ, War, future content, pretty much everything. Which means it has to take place at a pace so that everything can shift with it with as little of an adverse affect as possible. It's really not so much about restricting people as it is making sure it doesn't break the system too much from accelerating growth too fast.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I need more 6 star shards befkre I can claim I need more t5b. I rarely even use mine. I stopped tanking 5s without gems and 6s I pull every month to 6 weeks so it’s been tough to rank champs that aren’t duped or just not worth ranking. Increase the availability of 6 stars first THEN t5b and t2a (which they’ve done already)
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I need more 6 star shards befkre I can claim I need more t5b. I rarely even use mine. I stopped tanking 5s without gems and 6s I pull every month to 6 weeks so it’s been tough to rank champs that aren’t duped or just not worth ranking. Increase the availability of 6 stars first THEN t5b and t2a (which they’ve done already)

Giving up on 5*s already is just dumb. 6* sigs and shards are nowhere near available enough yet to make not ranking 5*s a good move yet.

I'm not saying people should not rankup good 6*s ( I have 9 R2s and 22 R5s) but I will absolutely still rankup a top 5* if they fill a need