**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My personal frustration with the Skill class

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
Hey, everyone. Hope all are well.

To begin with: I pretty much need a Skill character at R4/55 or higher now. I've been able to do a good chunk of things in the game, but I've always tried to fake it in the Skill class because I'm being stubborn.

This is my problem. Some people won't necessarily even see it as a problem, because I am the one being stubborn. Just rank up who I like, or rank up the most effective character. That's really the answer, and I know it.

But the Skill class is very frustrating for me.

I get it: Aegon, Nick Fury, Blade, Stealth Spider-Man...those are great characters. Gwenpool, too. I have three of them at a high rarity, and I know I am lucky to have them. Some people are still waiting.

But. I do my best to not rank up every single superior character if it's even close -- I really don't want to play the game like that, where yeah, you can absolutely rank up whoever you want -- and really should -- but when the gap is such where you can't even pretend...man. It is frustrating.

I really would rather play either of the Black Panthers, or Daredevil, or Moon Knight. I might even take Winter Soldier up, because I'd honestly rather play him than the most powerful Skill options.

It's just a little frustrating because I have never been afraid to rank up who I want to play, but usually most of those characters can do a bit more than the Skill characters who are a little behind the curve.

Man.

I guess I need to suck it up and do what's best for my account -- I need a Skill character who is effective, right now.

It's just frustrating that it feels like it's not really even a choice.

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I would say it's important to be true to yourself but when you're an alliance and especially if you have a lot of content that you haven't cleared, it's understandable to want to take the heaviest of hitters until you clear that content. I'm a huge fan of Moon Knight, especially with the Darkhawk Synergy, I just think he is freaking awesome. But the downside is even if I had one at Sig level 99 or 200, his prestige is so low that the game automatically chooses anybody else but him, even when he has the class advantage. And then of course you have the obligatory comment about how Daredevil is fantastic with projectiles when awakened however not every champ fights that way so you get caught in that debate of you need him for x and Z but not for w and y.

I've ranked up my Blade and my Stealth Spidey but at the same time I also took up my Moon Knight and my Daredevil because they help me clear so much content and they're so much fun to play. I think it's best to just focus on having a great attack team for Alliance events (if you participate in them) and to help you clear those necessary bits of content like becoming uncollected if you haven't already and you can still use your favorites for event Quest and even some daily stuff, which is what I do. I wish you all the best with your roster and progression.
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    ESF said:

To begin with: I pretty much need a Skill character at R4/55 or higher now. I've been able to do a good chunk of things in the game, but I've always tried to fake it in the Skill class because I'm being stubborn.

This is my problem. Some people won't necessarily even see it as a problem, because I am the one being stubborn. Just rank up who I like, or rank up the most effective character. That's really the answer, and I know it.

I get it: Aegon, Nick Fury, Blade, Stealth Spider-Man...those are great characters. Gwenpool, too. I have three of them at a high rarity, and I know I am lucky to have them. Some people are still waiting.

But. I do my best to not rank up every single superior character if it's even close -- I really don't want to play the game like that, where yeah, you can absolutely rank up whoever you want -- and really should -- but when the gap is such where you can't even pretend...man. It is frustrating.

I really would rather play either of the Black Panthers, or Daredevil, or Moon Knight. I might even take Winter Soldier up, because I'd honestly rather play him than the most powerful Skill options.

It's just a little frustrating because I have never been afraid to rank up who I want to play, but usually most of those characters can do a bit more than the Skill characters who are a little behind the curve.

Man.

I guess I need to suck it up and do what's best for my account -- I need a Skill character who is effective, right now.

Well you could rank up one of the ones you like and see how it goes??? There are reasons why those names you called are the most effective in the skill class, you could rank up based on personal preference or based on effectiveness, it's all up to you, you can either play to enjoy the game at your pace or play catch up.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

What is it you don't find enjoyable about the better skill champs? I only have one skill R5, NT, and he's one of the most fun champs in the game along with being among the best. I'd say same goes for Fury (I know he wasn't listed in the champs you have) and stealth Spidey is a lot of fun too. If you're in need of a skill champ for endgame content I'd say rank for effectiveness first then for fun on the next one.

Hey, man. Thanks for the response. Know I'm being difficult.

I don't have Night Thrasher. He's a little clunky for me, but I'd certainly consider taking him up.

I do have Nick Fury. Yes. I know, I know, I know. Take him up. I know. I know I should do this.

But I don't run Deep Wounds at a high level, and I just don't get a real feeling of "fun" playing him. I KNOW. Stubborn.

I thought about Stealthy, and I might...but again, it's not even close. I play him pretty well. I just don't enjoy it. I don't know why, man. I guess it's because I prefer the Classic Spider-Man.

I've been faking it for so long with Skill characters, but I'm about to seriously mess with 6.2 and I gotta have one Skill character who hits at that level.

You're right, and I know better. I have to do what needs to be done to get the job done.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    I rank based on what I like and I’m cavalier so.... play the game the way you want

I would say it's important to be true to yourself but when you're an alliance and especially if you have a lot of content that you haven't cleared, it's understandable to want to take the heaviest of hitters until you clear that content. I'm a huge fan of Moon Knight, especially with the Darkhawk Synergy, I just think he is freaking awesome. But the downside is even if I had one at Sig level 99 or 200, his prestige is so low that the game automatically chooses anybody else but him, even when he has the class advantage. And then of course you have the obligatory comment about how Daredevil is fantastic with projectiles when awakened however not every champ fights that way so you get caught in that debate of you need him for x and Z but not for w and y.

I've ranked up my Blade and my Stealth Spidey but at the same time I also took up my Moon Knight and my Daredevil because they help me clear so much content and they're so much fun to play. I think it's best to just focus on having a great attack team for Alliance events (if you participate in them) and to help you clear those necessary bits of content like becoming uncollected if you haven't already and you can still use your favorites for event Quest and even some daily stuff, which is what I do. I wish you all the best with your roster and progression.

Thanks for the response; seriously. I'm a solo player, and Cavalier, and I've done a good chunk of stuff -- not everything, but a good amount. I'm just wanting another Skill option or two that I like to play AND is effective for the big boy stuff, and it's just not gonna be that way
    Stingerbk said:

ESF said:

Man.

Well you could rank up one of the ones you like and see how it goes??? There are reasons why those names you called are the most effective in the skill class, you could rank up based on personal preference or based on effectiveness, it's all up to you, you can either play to enjoy the game at your pace or play catch up.
    Thanks for popping into the thread! Believe me, I've crunched the numbers on the ones I like playing, and they just can't get the job done in 6.2 or above without hurting the overall effort to clear the lanes. Winter Soldier's the only one, with the Killmonger synergy. The others just don't have the DPS and/or utility.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    If you don’t have Deep Wounds, NF doesn’t really shine as much.

I’ve played around with WS and KM synergy and he’s pretty awesome.

Just rank what you’d prefer and take time to experiment around to find your taste.

Tbh, I find NT’s playstyle pretty clunky too and don’t enjoy him at all.
    _ASDF_ said:

ESF said:

zeezee57 said:

What is it you don't find enjoyable about the better skill champs? I only have one skill R5, NT, and he's one of the most fun champs in the game along with being among the best. I'd say same goes for Fury (I know he wasn't listed in the champs you have) and stealth Spidey is a lot of fun too. If you're in need of a skill champ for endgame content I'd say rank for effectiveness first then for fun on the next one.

Hey, man. Thanks for the response. Know I'm being difficult.

I don't have Night Thrasher. He's a little clunky for me, but I'd certainly consider taking him up.

I do have Nick Fury. Yes. I know, I know, I know. Take him up. I know. I know I should do this.

But I don't run Deep Wounds at a high level, and I just don't get a real feeling of "fun" playing him. I KNOW. Stubborn.

I thought about Stealthy, and I might...but again, it's not even close. I play him pretty well. I just don't enjoy it. I don't know why, man. I guess it's because I prefer the Classic Spider-Man.

I've been faking it for so long with Skill characters, but I'm about to seriously mess with 6.2 and I gotta have one Skill character who hits at that level.

You're right, and I know better. I have to do what needs to be done to get the job done.
    What could you possibly prefer about classic Spider-Man? His animations? His evade is awful offensively. Basically all of his mechanics are awful.

I think you need to suck it up and find one of the 5 amazing skill champs that you can find enjoyment playing. I just duped NF and took him to R5. He’s a blast. Maybe also suck it up and run deep wounds.

We all have to do things in life we don’t LOVE lmao...

I can’t believe we have to try to convince you to rank up fun and beastly champs. Also, Stealthy spideys animation and movements are WAY smoother than classic spidey. 🤷‍♂️
    Whaaattt???? I will not tolerate this disrespect for OG Spider-Man! I love the character! I'm amazing with him, too -- been playing him since Day 1. I don't mind the Evade function; it's fine. I'm used to it. I have him at 3/45 and would love having him as a Skill option.

I get it: Stealth and Sparky hit WAY harder. I know.

I appreciate you guys telling me the truth: I know I need to just suck it up and take up Fury. And probably Stealthy right behind him.

Man. Aaarrrgggghhh

xNig said:

If you don’t have Deep Wounds, NF doesn’t really shine as much.

I’ve played around with WS and KM synergy and he’s pretty awesome.

Just rank what you’d prefer and take time to experiment around to find your taste.

Tbh, I find NT’s playstyle pretty clunky too and don’t enjoy him at all.

I'm going to sleep on it one or two more days, and if I don't just roll over and take up Fury, that's probably what I'm going to do. I know you've cleared basically everything, so it's good to know that you think Winter Soldier's DPS with Killmonger scales well enough for where I'm going next -- and I'm no scrub with Killmonger, either
    edited January 2020
    One piece of advice though.. you might need to look at your overall roster and see what nodes/combinations your roster isn’t able to handle and rank towards that, instead of blindly following so-called “god tier” rank ups.

Eg, you might wanna rank NF but his main function as a bleeder can be partially replicated with KM, so it will be a good, but not urgent rank up.

Conversely, if you don’t have a CptIW SH SG ranked, you might wanna rank up Stealth before NF so at least you expand your roster capabilities by including the ability to handle Unstoppable effects.
    xNig said:

One piece of advice though.. you might need to look at your overall roster and see what nodes/combinations your roster isn’t able to handle and rank towards that, instead of blindly following so-called “god tier” rank ups.

Eg, you might wanna rank NF but his main function as a bleeder can be partially replicated with KM, so it will be a good, but not urgent rank up.

Conversely, if you don’t have a CptIW SH SG ranked, you might wanna rank up Stealth before NF so at least you expand your roster capabilities by including the ability to handle Unstoppable effects.

What I'm looking at is I would really like another no-doubt Thing and Korg killer, with either catastrophic bleeds or serious Ability Accuracy reduction for the Electros and Modoks of the world. I'm usually able to just manhandle the Invisible Womans I have been running across, and I haven't seen how annoying Mister Fantastic is gonna be yet...but I think he very well could be really annoying
    Nah you’ll be fine against Fantastic with KM, especially with Void synergy.

Will be nice to see your roster before further suggestion on who is best to rank up next.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    its just not skill class problem its in all classes The Gap between a meme/useless/ low level/ character released before 2018 and after 2018 is so big you must have to choose between either you keep playing game at high level or you quit and upgrade characters you like or love from
    comics!!! and that has always been my issue with game!! its just not fun when you can not rank a champ you like ,cause if you do you either have to quit alliance, go to lower alliance or just quit game!! diffrence between a nick fury and karnak or dd netflix is so HUGE or even someone like Electra ,they have been ignored for so long and are in 6*s!!! and for cosmic diffrence between hyperion/corvus and groot ,venompool or superior ironman is so damn huge you cant even compare both of them,3* hyperion or corvus would outdamage 6* venompool anyday and anyfight!!!
    oh and mystics!! damn out of 18 mystics there 3 you can say have ability to stay relevant in current Meta ,half of them
    cant even help you with arena fights they r that bad!!! DS, ironfists, janefoster, Loki are absolute joke
    xNig said:

Nah you’ll be fine against Fantastic with KM, especially with Void synergy.

Will be nice to see your roster before further suggestion on who is best to rank up next.

No worries; I appreciate you taking the time. I'm not as good with the screenshotting, but I think I have 105-plus 5-stars now? Something like that.

The biggest ones I don't have are Ghost, Omega Red, Quake and Aegon. No Guillotine 2099 yet, as well.

I usually use Hyperion to kill Korgs and Electros, Cap IW for Modoks. Thing is a PITA, though I am pretty good with Taskmaster and have had some success with him
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I'm cavalier myself and I normally rank for fun. I have ws at rank 4 and still love using him even though I lack the killmonger synergy. At the end of the day it's all about having fun. Fury has an amazing bleed and some great synergies but nothing you absolutely need to counter any nodes. Best advice I can give is rank who you like and just enjoy the game
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Do you by chance have a 5 Star Taskmaster?
    He's not the Beyond God Tier Best Champion but can certainly be Amazing if you get his Slightly Above Moderate Skill Level Playstyle down, and once you do he is Really Fun to play, while at the same time wouldn't steamroll every bit of content.
    I think he's the perfect medium in my opinion.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Once you have a balanced team both for AQ and AW along with questing you can chip in some fun characters to rank up. The main thing is to enjoy the game in whatever way you can
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I may be somewhat notorious on these forums for being a major GP fan. However, I really like your way of thinking when it comes to rank ups. If you don't want to rank up someone like GP/NF then I say go ahead and wait. Enjoy playing your other champs and I'm sure you'll pull a skill champ you enjoy playing soon.

Am I the only one who doesn’t get the point of this post? 🤷

Sorry, man -- just a post on the forums. I know how it is. I don't get every post, either. Just thinking out loud today

I may be somewhat notorious on these forums for being a major GP fan. However, I really like your way of thinking when it comes to rank ups. If you don't want to rank up someone like GP/NF then I say go ahead and wait. Enjoy playing your other champs and I'm sure you'll pull a skill champ you enjoy playing soon.

That's where I am leaning. Going back and forth, obviously. But I have been pretty consistent about holding out in this class because none of them have felt right for me, though I realize there are some great ones

Do you by chance have a 5 Star Taskmaster?
    He's not the Beyond God Tier Best Champion but can certainly be Amazing if you get his Slightly Above Moderate Skill Level Playstyle down, and once you do he is Really Fun to play, while at the same time wouldn't steamroll every bit of content.
    I think he's the perfect medium in my opinion.

I do! He's at 3/45 and I am pretty freaking good with him. I actually like the kit. I used him on that 6.1 Thing miniboss and he did pretty good. But I just don't think his DPS is gonna get me where I need to go for the resources -- it wasn't that smooth.

I have always said that DPS isn't my primary focus, and it isn't. But you know how it is: At some point, you gotta be able to get 150K-300K characters down efficiently, and Taskmaster just doesn't have any way to scale the DPS up
    _ASDF_ said:

xNig said:

@ESF I agree with @xNig. It’s such a relief to take up a champ that’s extremely useful. Ie, a Thing counter.

For whatever reason I HATE to have to parry, heavy, repeat. But I love my R5 CAIW and NF. Cap is so damn tanky it’s amazing. NF’s bleeds are just entertaining to say the least lol. I didn’t want to rank either.... but knew I needed too. Zero regrets.

I love the look and feel of sunspot. Took him to R5. Hardly use him. Can’t seem to find anything I need him for except a few lanes in act 6. He’s my fav champ right now. Kinda sucks.
    See, you get it -- you can acknowledge that a character can be great but you just don't love the playstyle, you know? As a solo player, I have to thread that needle of "fun" vs. "effective," because resources are always tight, and for this particular class, I wish I had another option that was a better mix of both for me
    zeezee57 said:

There's enough variety at this point there really isn't anything exclusive to skill class you can't get somewhere else if need be. Shame you can't trade or give champs away lol the 6* classic spidey on my roster sounds like something you'd enjoy. Do you happen to have Black Widow? She could cover the AAR you're looking for if she's one you like. I guess some/most of us are fortunate in the sense that most of the stronger champs are also quite enjoyable to play as well. I think you're in a small minority that finds them a chore to play. My NT is 5/65 200 in large part to the fact I find him so much fun to use, just also happens to be among the top of the class in effectiveness as well.

I don't have the 5-star Black Widow. Gonna take a couple of shots at the feature for her before it changes, though. Know the DPS isn't there but I absolutely would take the AA reduction
  • daKrackendaKracken Posts: 18
    What is your hesitation with blade? And do you have a Ronin? He’s very fun to play and can still get the job done without being “beyond god tier”.
  • Blackshadow0203Blackshadow0203 Posts: 171
    edited January 2020
    I recently took my 5* Winter soldier to R4 and i'm honsetly having a ton of fun! of course I don't use him without the killmonger synergy but I like using a champion that isn't noted as a "god tier". I understand what you mean in terms of ranking up those that you enjoy playing with and i respect that! I took up Dr. Octopus long before he was put as a "God tier". I do agree with those however who say you need to put put progression first, I ranked up Ghost for the mere fact of bursting down Act 6, V3, and LoL. you have Nick, rank up him up just to have him for the damage/Utility. then Rank up somebody like Punisher or Draedevil Netflix for mere enjoyment. All up to the person