Other than MD & Pure Skill rest any useful

Ok i am at a stage where i can unlock Pure Skill/Mutagenesis/Collar tech/Serum Science/Cosmic Awareness(Already have MD 1/5) , which one should i go for apart from PS?

Just saw a thread where people saying Mutagenesis is useless, what about the rest?
«1

Comments

  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Pure Skill is useless now I here. Whole thread about it.
  • WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    From what I notice it seems like they're all useless except for MD
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Pure Skill has been broken for about 6 months with absolutely no progress made in fixing it (ranks 4 and 5). As for the others I've heard of people investing in tech collar and science serum. Tech collar seems meh and niche so not sure you want to go that route. I've heard of science serum and Cap/Hulk being very successful in war, namely against limbo.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 6,208 ★★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Pure Skill has been broken for about 6 months with absolutely no progress made in fixing it (ranks 4 and 5).

    Pure skill is working till rank 3 only at the moment.
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Pure Skill is useless now I here. Whole thread about it.
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Pure Skill has been broken for about 6 months with absolutely no progress made in fixing it (ranks 4 and 5). As for the others I've heard of people investing in tech collar and science serum. Tech collar seems meh and niche so not sure you want to go that route. I've heard of science serum and Cap/Hulk being very successful in war, namely against limbo.

    WOW Thanks i was about to go for Pure skills ...BTW Where can i purchase Mystic Cores ? Loyalty store is showing Mutant Cores right now.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    0pTimus wrote: »
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Pure Skill is useless now I here. Whole thread about it.
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Pure Skill has been broken for about 6 months with absolutely no progress made in fixing it (ranks 4 and 5). As for the others I've heard of people investing in tech collar and science serum. Tech collar seems meh and niche so not sure you want to go that route. I've heard of science serum and Cap/Hulk being very successful in war, namely against limbo.

    WOW Thanks i was about to go for Pure skills ...BTW Where can i purchase Mystic Cores ? Loyalty store is showing Mutant Cores right now.

    Pure skill works up to rank 3, mine is rank 2 but I've run out of points.
    You can buy mystic cores on Friday I think (the day after the mystic class cat quests) they also sometimes show up in those quests so worth checking them out too
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Collar tech is worth it
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    Mystic : Duped SW, Unduped hood & unduped Gully at r4 & Duped TJF at r3 & Unduped Juggs at r2
    Skill: Duped BW @ r4 , Unduped Electra @ on way to r4, Unduped AV & BP CW @ r3
    Tech: Unduped RR & IP at r3

    Guess MD makes more sense.
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    0pTimus wrote: »
    Mystic : Duped SW, Unduped hood & unduped Gully at r4 & Duped TJF at r3 & Unduped Juggs at r2
    Skill: Duped BW @ r4 , Unduped Electra @ on way to r4, Unduped AV & BP CW @ r3
    Tech: Unduped RR & IP at r3

    Guess MD makes more sense.

    U asked what's useful other than md and ps so it's ct. However, at ur point i wouldn't care about ps or ct that much for now
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    I've heard tech collar is decent for some champs
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Yes it's really good with sl, og vision, vision aou, punisher 2099, doc ock, and some others
  • Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    MD is easily the best. TC is pretty useful. PS *used* to be good but is junk now. Everything else is a waste of units or loyalty to get.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    MD, don't bother with the rest. Garbage
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,876 ★★★★
    I don't think pure skill will ever be fixed. One of the mods closed a thread about it the other day saying it was working and more powerful than pre 12.0. What a joke.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I don't think pure skill will ever be fixed. One of the mods closed a thread about it the other day saying it was working and more powerful than pre 12.0. What a joke.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17077/exploit-pure-skill-4655-units#latest

    I believe it was also mentioned that they were looking into making it better. Make sure you have all the facts next time.

    Collar tech is great if you have a duped Vision.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited August 2017
    Pure skill is ****, don't care what anyone says, does it has an effect up to lvl3 yes, but the effect is basically unnoticeable.
    Science serum is decent but not worth the cost IMO.
    Collar Tech is decent but you need an r4 SL to use it effectively in LoL or an OG vision to really reap the rewards
    Mutagenesis I would only recommend if you had an r4 Cable (awakened) and used him on Map 6, basically dashing back kills every champ on caltrops
    Mystic Dispersion this is the monster, well worth the money, not because it is overpowered but because there really isn't a solid counter, and the dexterity reset makes it trigger way too often
    Haven't tried Cosmic
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,876 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I don't think pure skill will ever be fixed. One of the mods closed a thread about it the other day saying it was working and more powerful than pre 12.0. What a joke.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17077/exploit-pure-skill-4655-units#latest

    I believe it was also mentioned that they were looking into making it better. Make sure you have all the facts next time.

    Collar tech is great if you have a duped Vision.

    They've been looking "into" it for a very long time...thats a fact. If I don't do something for 6 months I probably don't want to or have no intention of doing so. They also said they would "look" into Doctor Strange since so many people were upset...nothing is going to happen there either...but have another cup of kool aid..lol. Hope I'm wrong.
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    So in short the answer to question "What will be nerfed next? " is MD :D
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    Used all my Loyalty+ Units and took MD 3/5 ...thanks everyone for there inputs
  • DaMunk wrote: »
    I don't think pure skill will ever be fixed. One of the mods closed a thread about it the other day saying it was working and more powerful than pre 12.0. What a joke.

    Kabam swears up and down that pure skill level 3 now works better than rank 5 pre 12.0. Those of us that had it pre 12.0 know that's a crock of ****. I've asked for screen shot proof, but always get ignored.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,876 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Diminishing returns killed pure skill and pierce. They ignore a lot of things. What's funny is they read a lot of the posts but don't respond to simple questions.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 6,208 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I don't think pure skill will ever be fixed. One of the mods closed a thread about it the other day saying it was working and more powerful than pre 12.0. What a joke.

    Kabam swears up and down that pure skill level 3 now works better than rank 5 pre 12.0. Those of us that had it pre 12.0 know that's a crock of ****. I've asked for screen shot proof, but always get ignored.

    Does level 3 work as advertised?
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 201
    CT is like Sophie Vergara's cleavage. We've been looking into it for a long time, but we haven't touched a thing.....
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 2,553 ★★★★★
    @DaMunk No kool aid. Just pointing out the facts. And the facts were you didn't correctly quote all of what was said.

    Except he didn't quote anything..... and knows the "facts", like they've been "looking into it" for 6 months now.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    @DaMunk No kool aid. Just pointing out the facts. And the facts were you didn't correctly quote all of what was said.

    Except he didn't quote anything..... and knows the "facts", like they've been "looking into it" for 6 months now.

    Well, from an academic standpoint technically he paraphrased it and materially left out an important part. So, yes he was wrong and you are wrong as well for foolishly backing him. :)
  • Yeah this thread will surely get shut down now. Two people attacking another and that person attacking back. Way to ruin a what could have been a constructive thread guys.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 2,553 ★★★★★
    Sure seems like DaMunk paraphrased correctly and like most others, is wondering why it's taking 6 months for Kabam to come to a reasonable solution. Bash away.....
Sign In or Register to comment.