**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Warlock not reducing Offensive abilities.

I was just farming potions in ROL and brought Warlock for Juggernaut and even at 4 infections he was still triggering his Unstoppable. This can’t be a defensive ability, it triggers when he is activating his specials, not when im attacking him. I haven’t tested this anywhere else but wanted to post this for now.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Offensive Ability Accuracy Reduction reduces the chance to active abilities while striking an opponent. Juggernaut is not striking you while activating unstoppable.

His OAAR works, you can see Vision failing to power burn him due to it.

• KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Actually, tenacity and rage(kingpin) is also offensive abilities, despite the fact that they are not striking you
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★

Offensive Ability Accuracy Reduction reduces the chance to active abilities while striking an opponent. Juggernaut is not striking you while activating unstoppable.

His OAAR works, you can see Vision failing to power burn him due to it.

So your saying he’ll only reduce an offensive ability if it’s making contact with you? It just seems a bit off since an ability that triggers while your doing something offensively should be considered an offensive ability.

If this is the case I’m starting to wonder what the true benefit of an offensive ability reduction is? I get the whole power burn thing with Vision, it just seems it should be applied to all offensive abilities not just offensive abilities that make constact.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Juggernaut unstoppable after launching a special attack was considered an offensive ability up until I remember, Not sure why isn't interacting with the infection here.
    Probably just a bug with the ability itself after the attemp to fix it in a previous update
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Try it again vs a juggernaut in duels or somewhere else in the game?

wondering since this RoL juggernaut is "pre-buff", if that has something to do with it? (Specifically this one interaction with juggernaut)... whereas in quests, arenas, or really anywhere else I would expect it to work.
  • It would not stop Juggernaut's Unstoppable because it isn't technically an Offensive Ability, since it doesn't align with a hit. He'll become Unstoppable even if his Special Attack is Evaded; Vision's Power Burn, on the other hand, only activates if his attack hits.
    Karuseus said:

Actually, tenacity and rage(kingpin) is also offensive abilities, despite the fact that they are not striking you

Their shrug is the result of them striking you and there has been a window of time OAAR is active in relation to the attack.

Juggernaut unstoppable after launching a special attack was considered an offensive ability up until I remember, Not sure why isn't interacting with the infection here.
    Probably just a bug with the ability itself after the attemp to fix it in a previous update

Who’s OAAR were you using for Juggernaut? Prior to Warlock, Civil Warrior and Proxima Midnight are the only champs with OAAR that come to mind.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★

It would not stop Juggernaut's Unstoppable because it isn't technically an Offensive Ability, since it doesn't align with a hit. He'll become Unstoppable even if his Special Attack is Evaded; Vision's Power Burn, on the other hand, only activates if his attack hits.

No, offensive ability should count the try of the defender to attack you and the result of that.

Jugg is trying to hit you, that cause unstoppable.. it is an ability that cause by at attack position of jugg, not defensive.

Aspect of war is also an offensive ability because ist starts by an attack of the attacker. It doesnt matter if it makes contact or not: whats the point? Hit me to win a ability? That doesnt make sense.

Please speak with the team and stop changing everything your favor. Time to think your player base 🙏🏽.

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

It would not stop Juggernaut's Unstoppable because it isn't technically an Offensive Ability, since it doesn't align with a hit. He'll become Unstoppable even if his Special Attack is Evaded; Vision's Power Burn, on the other hand, only activates if his attack hits.

actually, what you're saying goes against what i can read in the FAQ thread in the "Strategy and Tips" section:

Q: What is Offensive and Defensive Ability Accuracy?
    A: Generally, defensive ability accuracy refers to the ability accuracy of abilities that either trigger in response to being hit or defensive abilities that trigger when certain conditions are met. Offensive ability accuracy refers to the ability accuracy of effects that trigger when the champion attacks.

based on this, how can the action of activating a Special Attack not be considered offensive? just trying to understand how it actually works.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★

Who’s OAAR were you using for Juggernaut? Prior to Warlock, Civil Warrior and Proxima Midnight are the only champs with OAAR that come to mind.

Well, Blade for Example. With the synergy.
    Considering there only exists Offensive ability accuracy and defensive ability accuracy, how is Blade able to make the unstoppable fail on Juggernaut? It's already tested/confirmed not to be a defensive ability, and previously champions that were able to reduce OAAR were able to make it stop as well. I don't see why Warlock is now not being able to do it, but other's champs can still do it
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited January 2020

Considering there only exists Offensive ability accuracy and defensive ability accuracy, how is Blade able to make the unstoppable fail on Juggernaut? It's already tested/confirmed not to be a defensive ability, and previously champions that were able to reduce OAAR were able to make it stop as well. I don't see why Warlock is now not being able to do it, but other's champs can still do it

Some abilities are also considered passive and their accuracy can only be reduce by general AAR like Blades Danger sense
    edited January 2020

Blade reduces Ability Accuracy which is what causes unstoppable to fail. It’s been explained in the past that Abilities are just that, Abilities. What determines if they are subject to OAAR/DAAR is if they occur during striking or being struck. Ability Accuracy reduces your chance to activate abilities independent of action.

Warlock in the past was reducing Ability Accuracy instead of OAA.
    There is no reason to get struck so you can have the benefits of an offensive ability accuracy..
    action that has as result to make you struck (even if you avoid them by dexterity for example) should consider as OAA and warlock after 3 infections should eliminate them.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    edited January 2020
    gp87 said:

No, offensive ability should count the try of the defender to attack you and the result of that.

Jugg is trying to hit you, that cause unstoppable.. it is an ability that cause by at attack position of jugg, not defensive.

Aspect of war is also an offensive ability because ist starts by an attack of the attacker. It doesnt matter if it makes contact or not: whats the point? Hit me to win a ability? That doesnt make sense.

Please speak with the team and stop changing everything your favor. Time to think your player base 🙏🏽.

Yeah I’m lost. I’m barely seeing the benefit of even having OAR I’f this is the case. If the defender uses a special, the effects occurring during said special should be considered Offensive. It’s not happening on a timer or randomly through the fight to be considered Passive, Not happening when being attacked to be considered Defensive, that only leaves it to be an Offensive Ability.
    edited January 2020
    What you do need to understand is that abilities aren’t classified as offensive or defensive.

Ability Accuracy reduces the chance to activate an ability.

Offensive Ability Accuracy reduces the chance to activate abilities that occur while striking the opponent.

Defensive Ability Accuracy reduces the chance to activate abilities while struck by the opponent.

It’s important to understand abilities are not classified as offensive or defensive. When trying to say this or that ability should be offensive or defensive you’re just making it up, abilities do not exist like that.

What you do need to understand is that abilities aren’t classified as offensive or defensive.

Offensive Ability Accuracy reduces the chance to activate abilities that occur while striking the opponent.

Defensive Ability Accuracy reduces the chance to activate abilities while struck by the opponent.

It’s important to understand abilities are not classified as offensive or defensive. When trying to say this or that ability should be offensive or defensive you’re just making it up, abilities do not exist like that.

Ok so explain us please when they say warlock reducing the offensive ability accuracy what exactly is that in our game experience?

What changes when the opponent is inflicted with 3 infection? What changes? Give me an example, because i want to understand the benefit of that ability the champ has. Thanks a lot.

gp87 said:

Ok so explain us please when they say warlock reducing the offensive ability accuracy what exactly is that in our game experience?

What changes when the opponent is inflicted with 3 infection? What changes? Give me an example, because i want to understand the benefit of that ability the champ has. Thanks a lot.

It’s in my first post of this thread. His infection reduces the chance for his opponent to do things while striking him.

There are many things this will interact with.
    Yondu’s armor break or steal.
    Sunspot’s incinerates.
    Nick Fury’s disorient or s2 stun.
    Captain Marvel’s armor break.
    Hyperion’s furies, armor break and stun. His cosmic charges also if the timing lines up.
    Ronin’s chance to bleed/gain a creulty.
    Korg’s armor break.
    Mr. Fantastic’s debuffs.
    Human Torches incinerates.
    Cull’s armor breaks and secondary damage during Rout.

It goes on and on and on.

gp87 said:

It’s in my first post of this thread. His infection reduces the chance for his opponent to do things while striking him.

Sunspot’s incinerates.
    Hyperion’s furies, armor break and stun. His cosmic charges also if the timing lines up.
    Korg’s armor break.
    Mr. Fantastic’s debuffs.

So his ability in practical makes him better as a defender and the infection count as nothing when we use him in attack right?

By your explanation, unstoppable of jugger can’t be removed by a future champ that cause defensive ability accuracy reduction because you have to hit him.
    So what ability accuracy makes juggy unstoppable? Offensive or defensive? Thats what some people say here: offensive ability is the ability that a move of attack of the defender cause .

Maybe an official explanation make things better by an admin.

gp87 said:

gp87 said:

Sunspot’s incinerates.
    Korg’s armor break.
    Mr. Fantastic’s debuffs.

So his ability in practical makes him better as a defender and the infection count as nothing when we use him in attack right?

By your explanation, unstoppable of jugger can’t be removed by a future champ that cause defensive ability accuracy reduction because you have to hit him.
    So what ability accuracy makes juggy unstoppable? Offensive or defensive? Thats what some people say here: offensive ability is the ability that a move of attack of the defender cause .

Maybe an official explanation make things better by an admin.

It’s a defensive ability yes, you can call it useless if you want but it does have it’s uses while playing Warlock. For example, it can reduce the number of times something like Kinetic Transfer procs while blocking.

Ability Accuracy reduction reduces the chance for Juggs to proc unstoppable, there is also slow which reduces unstoppable’s chance. Along with champs who can remove/nullify it. That however is not Warlock’s ability.

You have an official explanation earlier in the thread.