**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time to revamp Class Masteries?

OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Polling to see how many summoners would like to see the class masteries (science, cosmic, tech, mutant,skill) be revamped and brought to the level of power and usefulness as Mystic Dispersion.

Time to revamp Class Masteries? 74 votes

Yes, it's time to revamp the class masteries and make them more effective and as useful as MD
90%
OwGssEtaki_LirakoiNoobeeusHeisenberg07Kpatrixc9xFlazinatorThe28ShogunBigPoppaCBONERipVanWinkleMcord11758StavelotXoteJustice_Evo_8Whododo872LocoMotivesTsangodJimmy_Utah83PhoenixKingShrimkinsmutamatt 67 votes
No, the class masteries are fine the way they currently are.
9%
ZukeBigdrail93superunknown012ImpulseImdcapAzgaloreThor_Od1nson 7 votes

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Love the revamp idea, but don't trust those in charge of revamping.

DZ
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    Yes, it's time to revamp the class masteries and make them more effective and as useful as MD
    @DrZola , that is one of my concerns as well.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I agree with DZ.

IMO it will just end up being a slight buff to most and huge nerf to MD. A lot of us spent a lot to get MD.
    @Riegel , I really hope that won't be the case. I have all the masteries unlocked except SS. Also that definitely is not the goal of this poll. I think we can all agree we've had enough nerfs for a lifetime in my opinion.
    It's just hard to tell with Kabam they say one thing and do another. I'm afraid for MD as I spent a lot of time and money to get rank 5. I know Kabam said they have no plans to change MD, but they also said they had no plans to re-release featured 5* champs, and here we are with less than 2 weeks notice.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    ^^my concerns exactly

DZ
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Voted no, and candidly for a completely selfish reason. As others have stated the track record seems to suggest rather than buff the majority we usually end up seeing a nerf to the few. I've got MD at 4/5 and I would wholly expect any change to negatively impact MD far more than positively impact the others.

Do I think there is a vast disparity? Of course. From where I stand though it's better for me if they remain untouched and as they are.
    @Riegel , I completely understand and can't even debate otherwise. Kabam has shown dishonesty quite frequently. I just think it would be awesome to have the other class masteries actually be worth using or obtaining
    @superunknown012 , man it's sad that it's come to this where we want to suggest something but have to be incredibly fearful of nerfs.
    OGHeRRo wrote: »
    @Riegel , I completely understand and can't even debate otherwise. Kabam has shown dishonesty quite frequently. I just think it would be awesome to have the other class masteries actually be worth using or obtaining

I completely agree, but after seeing what they did to pure skill and having Kabam Miike try to tell us it's now better than it was is just criminal.

I don't even want to imagine how they'd mess this up, BUT I 100% agree I would love to see better class masteries. I just seeing it crashing in flames like most updates we've seen this year.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    edited May 2017
    @OHGeRRo, totally agree but the track record speaks for itself.
  • Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    How about we come up with some ideas?

MD is the best one, no comments there.

Collar Tech is pretty cool, maybe just bump up the power inhibition to idk, 25%?

Pure skill used to be great, just need to bring it back to the way it was.

Mutagenesis is a joke. How about making it so that special damage is increased instead? Maybe start at 4% and have it at 20% increased special damage on r5?

Serum Science.... Maybe increase both physical and special resistance to around 20%, along with an extra 10% armor increase?

Cosmic awareness... How about, whenever you finish a 5 hit combo, you have a 33% chance to gain a random permanent buff, which can infinitely stack? These can be fury (5% increased attack) precision (5% increased crit rate), cruelty (10% increased crit damage), armor (5% increased armor), physical or energy resistance (5% increased resistance), and so on.
    @Drakon56 , great suggestions, and honestly I think that would be the only way kabam "could" get this right is if they went with player input versus just ruining everything and decreasing MD which is what we don't want.
  • KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    Definitely kabam, please make the next update about this.

Forget about all that new content and dedicate a whole update on correcting what is needed or no longer useful.

PURE SKILL has not worked since 12.0 was introduced.

Im not asking for a deserved compensation but fir a solution. Its gone long enough without being corrected.
    @superunknown012 , I know man, their track record is about as reliable as Ray Charles being a driving instructor.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    Leave it as is....track record isn't great at all. No need to get Kabammed
    @SnakeEyes69, I think we'll all already been kabammed but see your point. It's just terrible that our suggestions aren't really voiced for fear of them just making things worse.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I wouldn't mind, but how? the issue is anytime a huge change is made something else gets nerfed. MD is expensive, I don't want it's value brought down after i worked so hard to get it.
    edited May 2017
    Pure skill - make it what it was.
    Mutagenesis - Increase duration of neg effects on opponent. Ie: bleed, stun, degen.
    Collar tech - x% of all enemy power gain (from all sources) is stolen.
    Serum science - increase physical/magic resistance + lower duration of neg effects on you.
    Cosmic awareness - Attack power increase after every sp used during fight by x%
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    My concern would be that kabam has proven that it would only upgrade something if it could generate revenue. So in the end the change in mastery would likely just result in things that make aw defense harder to fight
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    You guys realize that it is impossible to make Pure Skill what it was under a flat value system right? That just can't happen.

I do think they should fit what each class is known for or has unique to it already.

For Pure Skill, I think it should raise ability accuracy.
    Mutagenesis, it should raise special damage.
    Collar Tech, this class is so varied, I'm not sure.
    Science Serum, I think this should increase base stats a % (attack, health, crit %, etc).
    Cosmic Awareness, I like the idea above of generating buffs after each 5 hit combo. Maybe not that exactly, but granting permanent small buffs is a cool idea.
    @Riegel I would be on board for changes like that 100% it would definitely add so much more to the non mystic heroes, and also really make the game play more exciting and Aw more diverse.
  • Yes, it's time to revamp the class masteries and make them more effective and as useful as MD
    Riegel wrote: »
    It's just hard to tell with Kabam they say one thing and do another. I'm afraid for MD as I spent a lot of time and money to get rank 5. I know Kabam said they have no plans to change MD, but they also said they had no plans to re-release featured 5* champs, and here we are with less than 2 weeks notice.

They never said that featured 5* weren't going to be repeated. They just ignored it as it was a yes or no, and doing so they'd go back on their own word or give a spoiler
  • Yes, it's time to revamp the class masteries and make them more effective and as useful as MD
    OGHeRRo wrote: »

I completely agree, but after seeing what they did to pure skill and having Kabam Miike try to tell us it's now better than it was is just criminal.

I don't even want to imagine how they'd mess this up, BUT I 100% agree I would love to see better class masteries. I just seeing it crashing in flames like most updates we've seen this year.

What Kabam Miike said was that Pure Skill is now working as it's description and that it's effectivity at lv2 is the same as that at lv5.

Also, I keep saying that PS hasn't actually been nerfed, it's critical hits in general that have been nerfed.

Pre v12, my BW used to do 6k damage on a crit on the final hit, after the update, she only does around 2k, never had PS on both grounds. Now, with PS, this 6k let's say for argument's sake increased damage by 20% at max level would end up doing 7200 damage, but after the update, the increase is still 20%, albeit 20% of 2k which adds up to 2400, so, yes the damage output has decreased, but it's not PS that's at fault

They never said that featured 5* weren't going to be repeated. They just ignored it as it was a yes or no, and doing so they'd go back on their own word or give a spoiler

They specifically said many times they have no plans to re-release featured champs.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I think this is a good idea. It would be fairly simple to find something that highlighted the class of champs and apply to all. A small constant heal on mutants (max .5%/sec), ability reduction for skill (extra 15% max), increased attack for cosmic....could be interesting.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I agree with DZ.

IMO it will just end up being a slight buff to most and huge nerf to MD. A lot of us spent a lot to get MD.

All of the class masteries are equally expensive. Should they not be equally worthwhile?
    I agree with DZ.

All of the class masteries are equally expensive. Should they not be equally worthwhile?

Sure but they can do that by buffing weaker ones to be more in line with MD. What I'm saying is that it will likely be the other way around and MD gets nerfed.

On another note I don't know of anyone who has rank 5 of anything other than pure skill or mystic dispersion, so at this moment changes need to be made while keeping in mind that a large group of people have made a large investment in these two masteries.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    In my opinion, mystic D needs a slight reduction. It has become the sole driving force in tier 1 wars, which obviously creates an imbalance towards those that have mystic 5* champs. I don't mind the idea of it, but maybe make rank 5 equivalent to current rank 4.

People will complain about their "investment", but we have seen over and over that Kabam is willing to make changes to gameplay and masteries if they think it will "balance" the game (whether correct or not).
  • KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    You guys afraid of kabam nerfing MD have nothing to worry. Kabam will never nerf MD as that is their money maker in AW D. Plain and simple it makes them money so they aren't nerfing it.

But yes we definitely need the other class masteries to be better on same line as MD just like pure skill used to be before the 12.0 update.