**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

1114115116117118120»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    NevvB wrote: »
    hurricant wrote: »
    tlh wrote: »
    Why are the rewards still the same?

I'm assuming they're making sure the adjustments are finished before they look at the Rewards.

Are you contractually obligated to only defend them?

I'm not contractually obligated to them at all. As for defending them, it's called using logic. What's the sense of adjusting the Rewards before they're finished making adjustments?

Because they can always say they are making changes in the future, and that shouldn't stop them from increasing rewards since they increased the difficulty like 4 times already

I'm sorry but that logic doesn't make sense. It's the same for resolving issues. They don't issue compensation until after they're resolved. It's been mentioned that Rewards will be looked at later. It doesn't make sense to increase the Rewards until the system is as close to the end goal as possible.

Makes sense. Thats why we have never gotten compensation the past months cause nothing has ever been resolved.

Guess we can continue to wait forever cause it seems like nothing is getting fixed.

I wasn't really implying it's the same thing. Just an example. It's the same line of thinking. If things are still in process, it's not prudent to revisit the Rewards yet. Otherwise you have varying Resources coming from a changing state.

Or they could scale the rewards each time they increase the difficulty. I’d like to see my boss try to keep increasing my workload without increasing my pay.
    That doesn't make sense either.
  • hurricant wrote: »
    tlh wrote: »
    Why are the rewards still the same?

I'm assuming they're making sure the adjustments are finished before they look at the Rewards.

Are you contractually obligated to only defend them?

I'm not contractually obligated to them at all. As for defending them, it's called using logic. What's the sense of adjusting the Rewards before they're finished making adjustments?

Because they can always say they are making changes in the future, and that shouldn't stop them from increasing rewards since they increased the difficulty like 4 times already

As much as it pains me to do so, I'm forced to agree with GroundedWisdom here. If the plan is to increase war rewards, and I'm not saying that is their plan (I'm skeptical myself) it wouldn't be a good idea to do so while they are still balancing war, because then on top of all of the complaints about war not being fair or balanced they would also have to contend with complaints about losing even more rewards because of the imbalance.

In PvE balancing, its usually better to simultaneously add the spoonful of sugar with the medicine: you can increase rewards while introducing newer content because we all eventually finish the PvE content anyway: we all get the rewards today or tomorrow (most of the time) so the increase hurts no one. But in PvP, increasing rewards in a system that isn't balanced would be seen as rewarding alliances that just happened to take advantage of an unbalanced system.
  • Manchild624Manchild624 Posts: 17
    Kabam Miike,

Instead of just complaining about how dumb AW is becoming I would like to offer my opinion on a solution. So after the original map change AW was much to easy. I understand why the current changes were implemented to stop everyone from 100%ing the map without items. Now however it’s back to how it was before with us just stacking mystics, Spider-Man, Night crawler and the other usual AW defensive champs.

My proposed solution is as follows:

Give each node a specific class sign. Then give bonus points for placing that specific class champ on that node.
    Random example: say you put a mutant class bonus on node 12. If we put a mutant class champ there we get 100 bonus points or something like that for placing that class. This could be randomized each war or set for every node(minus the end boss). Not sure how you guys could work that. But this would put more diversity into placement and have equal amounts of each class without giving advantages to alliances with rare champs.
    This would stop us from flooding the map with all he same champs and make things more fair.

Let me know what you think Miike,
    •Manchild•
This discussion has been closed.